Rainy Days

Infinitely Yours [Main OTP3 One-Shot Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rainy Days - Pairing: Woogyu, Genres: , slight Fluff, Words: 5 175, Release Date: 08.05.2016
Quote: "Sunggyu was pretty sure he had successfully managed to claim Woohyun’s lips."

Written for the event Bloom in Gyu
Inspired by the short Japanese animated movie Garden of Words

Woohyun was crossing the sidewalk when he felt a raindrop on his cheek, he looked at the sky and saw that dark clouds were hovering above his head. He rarely checked the weather forecast but it was the rainy season after all, it always rained during May. Soon it started pouring heavily and Woohyun covered his head with his backpack, he noticed that he was near Sajik Park. He remembered that there was a nice arbour where he could hide. He ran with all his might because getting sick was the last thing he needed. When the arbour came into view, Woohyun frowned. There’s already someone there? The boy stopped in his tracks but his shoulders started getting wet so he decided to continue. There was a man sitting on one side of the bench but so what? There was enough space for two people. When Woohyun got close enough he frowned again. Beer and chocolate during the day? What’s with that weird combination?


“Do you mind if I sit here?” Woohyun cautiously asked.

“No, go ahead.” The strange man replied without even glancing at Woohyun.

“Thank you.” Woohyun happily answered and landed his bottom on the bench. He looked at his watch. 12pm. There’s still an hour before school. I hope it stops raining until then. Woohyun took out his sketchbook and a pen. Maybe I should draw something? He looked at the man sitting on the other side of the bench. He has nice clothes and his hair is also nicely done. He doesn’t seem like a homeless person. He is surely older than me but if so, what is he doing here instead of working? Maybe he’s jobless, yeah that’s probably it. Poor guy.

“Is there something on my face?” The man asked.

Woohyun hastily shook his head. “N-no!” Damn, he caught me staring.

Time seemed to pass by slower than usual. The only things which could be heard were the falling raindrops, the sips of beer and Woohyun’s scribbling with his pen. A ray of sunshine landed on Woohyun’s sketchbook and he looked up. He saw that the dark clouds could no longer be seen and were replaced with a huge sun. I guess it’s time to go. He packed up his things and bowed a bit to the stranger before running away, he didn’t want to be late for school after all.

The quiet man, whose name was Sunggyu got up and picked up something from the ground. He forgot his pen.



Oh, no! It’s raining again! Great, Nam Woohyun! You forgot to bring an umbrella again! Woohyun ran towards a well known place and saw a familiar figure when he reached the spot. Ah, it’s the same man. Woohyun sat down and sent a small smile to the stranger. Woohyun was about to take out a sandwich because he was hungry but suddenly a chocolate bar was shoved in his hands.

“Here.”

“Eh? For me?” Woohyun asked, surprised.

Sunggyu nodded. “You seemed interested in my chocolate last time. I always carry sweets with me, so I don’t mind sharing.”

I wasn’t really- it was just weird. I was taught not to accept things by people I don’t know but, I’m not a kid anymore so… besides, the chocolate is packed so it’s fine. “Thank you.”

“Also, this.” Sunggyu handed him over the pen. “You forgot it last time. I didn’t know if I’ll see you again but I decided to keep it anyway.”

Woohyun snatched the item away from the man’s hands. “My pen! Oh god! That’s where you were! I’ve been looking for it like crazy during the past few days. Thanks a lot, really! It’s my favorite one, I treasure it a lot.”

Wow, his eyes are sparkling. I guess it really was important. “You’re welcome then.” Sunggyu opened a can of beer and took a sip.

Woohyun eyed him. “Beer again? That’s not very healthy.”

“Just eat your chocolate.”

Woohyun pursed his lips, not very pleased with the answer but he did as told. I was gonna do that anyway! God, I’m so hungry.

Silence fell upon them and raindrops, munching and gulping were the only audible sounds. This time the rain came to an end earlier than the last time. Woohyun grabbed his backpack and started walking away. He was not too far away from the arbour when he turned around and asked.

“Will I see you again?”

Sunggyu shrugged. “Who knows? But for your information, on rainy days – I’m always here.”



Seems like the man wasn’t lying because it rained almost every day and Woohyun always went to the same place and that person was always there. Woohyun’s mother starting putting an umbrella in his backpack after he got home drenched a few times but Woohyun never used it. He needed to go to that place, to meet that person. Sunggyu was always there, at the same spot, it almost felt as if he was waiting for him so Woohyun naturally started looking forward to rainy days. Their chats grew longer, sometimes they bickered, most of the time according to Woohyun. Sunggyu liked teasing him and Woohyun surely did not enjoy that, besides Sunggyu’s jokes were not entertaining like at all.

“But really, how come you are here almost every day? Specially during the day? What about work?” Woohyun had been curious about that for a while, ever since their first meeting actually, but he never felt it was appropriate to ask. They had met quite a few times already, so he guessed that it was alright to ask now.

“Huuh, I’m not jobless if that’s what you’re implying. I have work, tons of it actually.” Sunggyu groaned when he remembered. “But I’m on a vacation right now and it’s the only time when I can afford to do nothing at all.”

“And drink beer all day.” Woohyun added.

Sunggyu threw him an annoyed look. “Shut up, don’t judge. When you’re old enough to drink, I bet you’ll be the same – if not worse.”

Woohyun scrunched up his nose. “Hey! I am old enough for that!”

“I wonder.” Sunggyu just trailed off while looking ahead, he noticed that the rain was long gone.

What’s with him?? There he goes teasing me again! Gah, he’s so irritating sometimes! Woohyun thought as he puffed his cheeks in annoyance. He saw that Sunggyu had already gotten up. Huh, it’s not raining anymore? I didn’t notice.

“Aren’t you going?” Sunggyu asked without turning back. He walked with small steps, waiting for Woohyun to make up his mind. “If you hurry up, I’ll walk with you to the end of the park.”

Woohyun’s ears perked up at the offer. He gathered his things in a hurry, looking around one last time, he didn’t want to forget something like the first time. “I’m coming!”



It gets weirder and weirder. I thought chocolate was the worst option but now he’s eating marshmallows and drinking beer! Really?? Really?? What’s with his weird choices??? He clearly should be past the age where all he can think about is sweets.

“How old are you by the way? 40?” Woohyun asked. The question had crossed his mind a few times but he never voiced it out.

Sunggyu threw an empty can of beer at him which Woohyun successfully avoided. “I’m 28, you idiot!”

Woohyun’s eyes widened at the answer. “What?! That can’t be it!! You look much older!”

“Shut up!” Sunggyu snorted. “I don’t need to hear that from a middle schooler!”

Woohyun narrowed his eyes. “What?! Middle schooler?! I’m already 19!!! I’m graduating from high school next month!”

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. “Really? Then why are you so short, brat?”

Woohyun did not expect that - to be attacked where it hurt the most. His mouth opened and closed but no voice left his throat. “I’m still growing.” He mumbled in the end.  Yeah, besides I’m not that short!

Sunggyu smiled and ruffled his hair. “Of course you are, kiddo. Drink lots of milk and you’ll grow up… maybe.” 

Woohyun slapped Sunggyu’s hand away. “Brat, kid, middle schooler! Ah, so annoying! Can you stop calling me those names?!”

“What should I call you then?” Sunggyu leaned back and opened another can full of beer.

Then realization hit Woohyun. They had talked before so many times, heck sometimes they spent hours in each other’s presence, but they still didn’t know each other’s names. What an idiot I am! I have asked him such weird stuff but I left out the most important thing, we should have began with our names first! Woohyun mentally slapped himself a few times. H-he never asked me either, though. There’s no need to feel that guilty. “N-nam Woohyun.”

Sunggyu laughed. “You finally said you name, Woohyun. I have known it for quite the long time though.”

Woohyun’s eyes widened in surprise. “W-what? But how?”

“It’s on your sketchbook and on your backpack if I may add, you dummy.”

Woohyun just stared at Sunggyu, mouth agape. “Why didn’t you say so then! And why did you never tell  me your name??”

“I thought you would ask the second time we met but you didn’t, then I hoped it would be on the third, fourth, but the question came quite later than I expected.”

Woohyun’s face grew hotter. His cheeks became red as a tomato. So embarrassing!!! I should have asked earlier! Now I look like a total idiot!

Sunggyu chuckled when he saw Woohyun’s expression but the younger interpreted it as a scornful laugh. “It fine, I’m not mad or anything. I guess you were just too comfortable around me so that little detail slipped away – the fact that you didn’t know my name.”

Really? Maybe that’s exactly the reason. The first few times when we met, we were just strangers, it felt awkward to start a conversation with him but now I feel like I have known him my entire life.

“ Anyway, my name is Kim Sunggyu. But it’s Sunggyu-hyung for you, I guess.”

Sunggyu? It suits him. “Hyung? Ha, don’t be ridiculous! You’re more of an ahju-” And another can was thrown at Woohyun, this time his head was hit. “Ouch! Stop throwing your stuff at me! Seriously, you’re almost 30 yet you behave like a child, eating candies every day!”

Sunggyu laughed at that. “Well, you asked for it. But wow, you’re 19 huh? I miss those times. I wish I had never graduated from school.”

“What are you saying?” Woohyun asked confused. “Every high schooler’s dream is to finish school and be over it! Aah, school is so annoying.”

Sunggyu took a sip of his beer. “So I thought. But after you graduate from high school, your only wish is to go back.”

“You’re mental. Go see a doctor.” Woohyun sneered.

Sunggyu clicked his tongue. “What a disrespectful, brat you are.”

He called me a brat again!

“I laughed at those words back then too.” Sunggyu continued. “But when you graduate from high school and enter university everything changes. You become an adult. You have many responsibilities, things you can not cope with but have to. And you can’t get away with the words ‘I’m just a kid.’ Because you no longer are and that a lot. Then after university is over and you begin looking for a serious job, my my, don’t let me even start with that. It’s a wild world out there and sadly, you have to be an if you want to survive in it.”

Woohyun listened to Sunggyu’s confession and he thought that the elder was probably right, but he didn’t know for sure. “Well, I haven’t reached that point yet but after some years pass, maybe then I will be able confirm if your words are true or not, Hyung.” Woohyun looked at Sunggyu while saying the last word.

“Wow, you called me Hyung. I’m touched.” Sunggyu slightly smirked. “So are you going to university?”

“Of course I am!” Woohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter