Man of Action

Infinitely Yours [Main OTP3 One-Shot Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Man of Action - Pairing: Yadong, Genres: Angst, Fluff, Words: 4 537, Release Date: 31.01.2016
Quote: "The one who loves more is the one who hurts more."

* this is actually the story I wrote for SS 2016! My prompt was 'Everyone thinks we're dating but I honestly don't see it all.'
I know the Santas are not revealed yet and my story hasn't even been posted yet but I wrote this 2 months ago!
And I feel really bad for the person who is still waiting for this! So yes, I decided to upload it, even if that means to 'break the rules'.
Christmas is long gone and so is magic *sighs* Still, whoever requested this! I hope you enjoy it ^-^ *throws hearts*

You know that saying right? “The one who loves more is the one who hurts more.”

Those words really strike me in the heart when I think about them, because they are so true. A perfect example of how I feel, just because I love my partner more than he loves me. I just wonder why did things turn out this way?



Howon and I have known each other for years. We met back in our last high school year through common friends and we’ve been hanging out ever since. At first I didn’t really like him because he was rather quiet and I’m a very sociable person, I talk all the time. I think he was rather annoyed by my presence during the first few weeks but then he started opening up to me and we found out that we share many common interests - we liked the same movies and music, and we even supported the same football team. He would always laugh at my jokes no matter how lame they were but I’m a rather funny person so I think those laughs were sincere. People say that the last year in school flies away really fast, I never believed that because guh, school was so boring and every day was practically the same but it turned to be truth and the year really passed in a flash. By the time I knew it I was already with a diploma in my hands and preparing for university exams. I didn’t know but it looks like Howon and I had been aiming for the same university and we both got accepted! It wasn’t planned really, it just happened like that. I cut connections with some of my friends after high school but I couldn’t really imagine my life without Howon in it, so I was really glad that we will be attending the same university. We became even closer if that could be possible. We spent our breaks together and laughed at other people on the campus, it was so much fun. During the weekends we went out – we went to the cinema or just hanged out at the park, we played games like basketball or football. We were practically together 24/7. Maybe that is why everyone thinks we’re dating but I honestly I don’t see it at all. I mean, of course I do love him but as a friend and nothing more. At some point our friends started joking around us, that we act like a married couple and that we should just move in together. We laughed along and I never felt offended by their words. It had all died out for a while but one day that stupid choding Lee Sungyeol, brought those jokes up again while we were having lunch at the cafeteria.

“Aww, look at that. Howon gave his rice to Dongwoo. Howon, you are being too obvious, do you really like Dongwoo that much?” Sungyeol said while stuffing his own mouth with rice, his cheeks almost exploding from the amount of food.

I was about to kick Sungyeol under the table, because damn, he was asking for it! But Howon’s words stopped me.

“And what are you going to do if I like him?” Howon said in a bickering tone.

Everyone at the table was caught off guard. Howon always had that stoic expression so you could hardly tell when he was joking, but after being friends for so long I knew that face very well. He was being serious.

But Sungyeol just laughed it off along with the lines “Chill dude, I was just kidding.”

I glanced over at Howon but he had the same expressionless face, I wanted to ask him what he meant by those words but I didn’t have the courage. Because maybe, his answer would’ve turned my world upside down.


I think that since that day, things changed a little. I was well known for being a skinship maniac. As I mentioned before, I’m a quite friendly person and I always touch my friends a lot. My favorite target was Sunggyu-hyung’s but shht that’s a secret! So of course Howon and I touched each other quite often. He always sat close to me or put his arm around my shoulder but after that fateful day I started noticing that he doesn’t really like touching other people. He would just brush shoulders for a moment with others or slap their hands away when they tried to get to close to him. But with me, he was totally not like that, from time to time we even shared a hug and he really liked patting my back or hair and from the corner of my eyes I could see that he was smiling while doing those things. I started noticing that he treats me differently, that maybe I was something more to him and that maybe he was also someone special for me.


“Sunggyu-hyung.”

“Huh, what is it now, Dongwoo? I’m trying to study.”

Sunggyu and Dongwoo were in the library, preparing for their exams or more like Sunggyu was trying to do so and Dongwoo was doing everything but focusing on the book in front of him.

“D-do H-howon and I really act like a c-couple? ”

Sunggyu lifted up his head and played with the pencil in his hand. “Is this about what Sungyeol said?”

Dongwoo shook his head. “I’ve been thinking about it for some time. Maybe everybody’s jokes went too far, I don’t know. I’m just wondering about it these days.”

Sunggyu started munching on the rubber of his pencil rather amused by this conversation. “Honestly, at some point I really thought you guys were dating.”

Dongwoo’s eyes grew large. “W-what? But w-why??”

“You spend a lot of time together.” Dongwoo made an ‘O’ face. “But it’s not just that.” Sunggyu continued. “I think you can somehow understand each other even without words, you are always there for each other besides the looks Howon throws you sometimes are a bit… disturbing.”

“W-what looks?”

Sunggyu threw his pencil on the table and smacked Dongwoo’s head. “Ouch, Hyung! What was that for?!”

“You really are dumb, aren’t you?” Dongwoo looked kind of pissed for a second, well he wasn’t the brightest person in the world but who likes being called an idiot? “It’s like he’s undressing you with his eyes. Seriously, those stares must be illegal. God knows what dirty thoughts are running through his head.”

Dongwoo’s ears turned red. “Howon is not like that! Don’t say such things about him!”

Sunggyu could swear he was seeing steam coming from Dongwoo’s ears so he couldn’t help but let out a chuckle. “I’m not saying it’s bad. I believe he really likes you and he just can’t control those things.” Sunggyu smiled and patted Dongwoo’s hair.

The younger one hid his face with his hands, trying to hide his red face.  “Aah, Hyung! Stop it, really!!”

“That’s just what I think. What about you? Do you like him, Dongwoo?”

Dongwoo fidgeted on his chair, wondering if he should say those words out loud, because if he did, that would mean he was finally admitting the truth. “I-I think so.”

“What was that? I don’t think I heard you.”

“I-I like Howon, okay! Did you hear me now??” Dongwoo said in a louder voice but not too loud, because he was in a library after all, he didn’t want to be kicked out.

“Yes, I heard you. Actually, I think we both did.” Sunggyu said while pointing behind Dongwoo’s back.

Dongwoo turned around and saw Lee ing Howon standing a few metres behind him, his usual blank face replaced with a shocked one. Oh my god?! Did he really hear me?! W-what is he doing here?!?! Dongwoo faced Sunggyu and grabbed onto his shirt. “H-how long has he been standing there??”

“Hmm, I noticed him while I was your hair. If looks could kill, I assure you I would’ve been dead by now.” Sunggyu laughed.

“T-this is not funny, Hyung! Did you make me spill the beans on purpose??”

“Maybe. I get tired just by looking at the slow progress in your relationship, so I lent you a hand. You can thank me later.” Sunggyu gathered his books and made his exit.

“Dongwoo.”

The said boy froze in his place, not daring to lift his head. He could feel that Howon was just behind him, judging by how close his voice was. A white bag was suddenly shoved in his hands.

“Your ice cream.”

Dongwoo opened the bag and saw 3-4 different flavored ice creams on his lap. “But, why?” His voice was quite, it was more of a mumble to himself than a question to Howon but that latter still heard him and answered.

“ You texted me about an hour ago. You said that Sunggyu-hyung was torturing you in the library and that an ice cream would really save the day so I brought some. I didn’t know what you felt like eating so I just chose the ones you like the most. Well, I should get going now.” Howon put his hands in his pockets and walked out of the library.

Dongwoo’s eyes got teary as he wrapped his hands around the small white bag. It was full of cold ice cream but for some reason it was burning his hands. Lee Howon, you idiot. Dongwoo grabbed his backpack and ran after Howon. He saw his target on the street and hit Howon’s head with the ice cream.

“Ouch!”  Howon was about the get angry that someone hit him but he recognized the white bag and the now melting ice cream. He turned around and saw Dongwoo, a very sad and upset Dongwoo.

“Why did you just leave?” Dongwoo’s voice was shaking although he really didn’t want to show his nervousness. Howon just remained at his spot without saying a word.

“You heard what I said in the library! Why didn’t you say anything?? I thought that-”

Dongwoo’s words were interrupted by Howon’s lips on his. Dongwoo couldn’t really process what was happening in the beginning (yes, really not the brightest person you could meet).  But when Howon tiled his head so he could have a better access, Dongwoo finally got a grip of himself and bit Howon’s lower lip.

“Ouch! Now why did you do that?” Howon asked, with his usual blank face.

“W-what do you mean w-why?? What were you doing?!” Dongwoo said rather fast.

“I was kissing you.” Howon was a man of action, not words as you can guess.

“I figured that out! I’m not that dumb. B-but why?” 

“Because you wanted an answer.” Howon paused and grabbed Dongwoo’s shoulders. “I never wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter