Seul-gi: 5

The Unexpected (Book 2)

Someone opened the door, and I saw Seohyun look tired. She quickly came to her brother's side and saw his face full of stitches. I didn't know what to do or say, so I just came to her side and patted her back.

 

"The doctor said he's fine, now. But he'll need rest." I told her and gave her a faint smile. "He'll be better soon."

She faced me this time. "What happened?"

"Well..." I am contemplating whether I should tell her how drunk he was or not. "He got drunk at the club. And when I took him out, he threw up. So I went inside to get water for him. But when I came back outside, I saw him in a heated argument with a woman that looked like our teacher. He started cursing, and he went to his car. But someone followed him inside, and-"

"Was it the woman?" Seohyun cut me off.

"No, it was Edison." I said honestly. "And the next thing I knew, his car..." I was trying to remember it without crying. "I'm sorry, Seo. I wasn't able to look after him."

"No, it's not your fault. It's his." She said and smiled to me. "Taeyeon and Tiffany will be here, soon. You can rest."

"I'll just stay here until they come." I told her and she nodded.

 

A few hours later, I saw Taeyeon sit beside Seohyun and asked her something. I must've dozed off. I stood up and patted Seohyun's back.

 

"I'll leave now." I said and she stood up to give me a hug.

"Take care." She smiled warmly.

"I will, thanks. You too."

 

 

I waited towards the elevator door. And when it opened, somoene came in before me. I was about to get pissed at how rude that person was, but when I looked at him, it was Sehun. What's he doing here? Okay, this is extremely awkward.

 

"What are you doing-"

"Why are you he-" We both cut off each other. I smiled at him. "Please, go ahead."

"Why are you here?" He asked. "Are you here for Kris?"

"Yes." I said politely.

He stared at me, and that made me feel very uncomfortable. "If I didn't know his situation, I would've thought you're his girlfriend."

"I'm not. I'm his cousin." I answered, and he looked away. "How about you?"

"Edison." He said coldly and I just nodded, though I'm not sure if he saw that. But I'll assume he did.

 

 

When it was ground floor, I stepped out, and when I looked back, he didn't even budge. What's his problem? Well, not that I care. I mean, why would I right? He only saved me once.

 

 

I didn't have to ask what's going on between Kris and Ms. Song. It's now obvious. But why her? I mean, not that I don't like her, but she's our teacher. And Kris is smart, I know he's pretty much aware that it's not right. But why?

 

I felt someone grab my hand, and it's as if it wasn't enough, he dragged me somewhere. I know who this is, so I tried to yank my arm. I don't want anything to do with him anymore. It's so unfair. But then, maybe I am also being unfair. I stopped, and when he was about to drag me again, I avoided his hand.

 

 

"Let's end whatever's going on between us, Mr. Choi."

I saw his eyes widened. "W-what?"

I took of his ring and placed it in his coat pocket. "Let's burn bridges." I said bravely and walked away. I didn't bother looking back.

 

 

After a few minutes, I stopped walking. Huh, he likes me, and yet, he wasn't brave enough to follow me. He's not willing to chase me, because if he truly loved me, he'd go through everything just to get to me. And now I know how shallow of a person he truly is.

 

 

I went home and changed clothes. I skipped shower because my body is too tired. I even forgot to take a bus. How stupid of me. But then again, when am I not stupid? I've always been this way. I've always made stupid decisions, but now, why is it so different? I usually feel unhappy, but now, I just feel... indifferent.

 

 

I checked my phone in case Seohyun texts me. And she did.

 

 

Seohyun: I can't be with him in New York next week. Can you find me someone who could help?

 

 

I badly wanted to text her, telling her that I'd watch over Kris, but I still have work. I don't even know anyone except for Irene and Donghae, and that friendly, new waiter named Kyuhyun. But asking them to look for my cousin is too much. Am I even that close to them to ask for a massive favor?

 

 

*

 

 

I woke up to the sound of my cellphone ringing. I quickly checked to see if it's Seohyun. But it's not. It's Sehun.

 

"Yes, Sehun?"

"Let's go on a date today." He said and hung up.

 

What on earth is he on about? Did he dial the wrong number? I hope so. But more importantly, what should I wear on our date? Where will we go? Are we going to watch a movie? Or a lunch date? Wait, more importantly? Am I going crazy?

 

A few minutes later, I received a message, then I saw a bunch of unread messages from Seohyun and one from him.

 

 

Seohyun: Seul-gi! Good news! I already have someone who could look after him. I'm so happy!

Seohyun: Let's bring him to Jeju island before he leaves for NYC, okay?

Seohyun: We'll be in Jeju next month. But we'll leave right after. I think he only needs Jessica to be with him. Let's not get him stressed.

Seohyun: And I asked your manager to give you a week off. So no excuses. Kbye :)

 

Sehun: Just be casual. I'll wait downstairs.

 

 

I quickly stood up and went to the shower room. When I was done, I tried choosing a bunch of clothes, but nothing seems right. I am contemplating on a black crop top and a blue sweater. I just chose the blue sweater, and paired it with a blue skinny jeans. I also wore my black kitty flats and checked if my hair is better when it's up or it's down.

 

Why am I preparing so much for this? I could've said no, but here I am trying to see which looks better on me. I just let it loose, and tucked the hair on my ear. I hope I look good today.

 

I rode the elevator and checked for my things. Keys, check. Cellphone, check. Extra cash, check. Other necessities such as make up, ID, wet wipes, handkerchief, small umbrella, perfume. I think I'm set.

 

When I saw Sehun outside the building, I came to his side and smiled.

 

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready." I answered.