Seul-gi: 35

The Unexpected (Book 2)

The coffee shop is busier than usual, and it's not because it's summer. People are not over Sulli's break up with his ex. They keep on trying to contact me because the media said they need my side to make a conclusion. To be honest, I don't think they need my opinion. They're just curious, and they need to submit something to report something.

 

Kris even resorted to closing the shop for a day. I can't blame him, though. The reporters would come to him for comments, and knowing Kris, he's easily irritated. I know I'm not obligated to say anything because that's not my relationship. And I've heard Sulli apologize to me countless times. I gave them the cheque Yuri sent Minho. At first, Minho was reluctant, but when I told him Yuri's intentions, he just nodded and took it.

 

I went inside the coffee shop through the back door just to have a meeting with Kris. They brought me iced coffee and blueberry cheesecake. I looked at Kris who is now stressed with the current situation. I don't know how I can resolve this, but I have to do something to keep them away somehow.

 

"I'll answer their questions, Kris." I said that blankly.

"What?" He looked at me. "No, it's fine."

"I can do it. Besides, I won't do say anything stupid." I told him, but he just laughed.

"I know you won't. It's just..." He sat down and opened the folders in his desk. "I don't want you to stress yourself over something that has nothing to do with you."

I shook my head in disagreement. "The moment they publicized my photo, I already got involved. And besides, I won't allow these people to ruin Sulli's reputation."

 

I looked at him while he's walking back and forth. I am getting dizzy just watching him do that, so I looked down, expecting him to get mad at me, or at least disagree with me. But then I saw him look up the ceiling and take a deep breath. He looked at me and nodded.

 

"But I'll only allow it when the security is tight enough." He said, and I smiled widely. I can't believe I convinced him! I hugged him and he just rolled his eyes. Someone came in his office and brought him his favorite latte. I told him I can do it now, so he ordered his staff to watch over me in case things gets rough.

 

I looked at the reporters who looked confused and excited at the same time. They tried to crowd me, but the staff stopped them. The most common thing I get asked right now is how do I feel about Minho cheating on me, or if I knew about their relationship.

 

"Nobody cheated because Minho and I were never together." I answered them.

"Are you saying that to protect Choi Minho?" Another reporter asked.

"Are you still in love with him?"

"No... I'm not in love with him, and I'm not trying to defend anyone. I'm telling you all the truth."

 

Everyone tried to squeeze themselves at me just to ask the same questions over and over again. The staff controlled them, but I know they had to stop at some point. And I don't think the reporters are ready to give up. I just thanked them, but someone grabbed my hand. I tried to yank it, but that person is too strong. I feel so scared right now, but I felt him let go of my hand.

 

I saw Sehun's very angry expression right now and that made everyone fall silent. I heard the reporters murmur Sehun's name, or what's he doing here, or whatever. I just looked at him, and he's frowning.

 

"Everyone... Let's not harass her." Sehun said blankly and looked at me. He smiled warmly, then turned his head towards the crowd. "Let me tell you first hand that Seul-gi is not Minho's girlfriend. Never have, never will be." I saw some of them write down what he said. "And the reason why I am here is to tell you that Seul-gi is my girlfriend. So I would like to ask everyone to please leave her alone." After he said that, he did something I never thought he would do. He knelt in front of everyone.

 

I quickly knelt so we would be at the same level and I tried to make him stand up. After a few minutes, I finally succeeded in making him do what I want. Why did he have to do that? Everyone was still in shock, but I saw him kneel in front of me. What's he up to now!?

 

"So, Seul-gi..." He called. "I'm flying back to New York next week."

I pulled him up again, but he won't budge. "Sehun..."

"So, marry me, and let's live happily." He said and pulled out a ring from his pocket.

 

I felt my eyes and chest hurt so much. I was about to say something when I felt something on my skin. I looked up, and the rose petals with various colors rained down because of the staff. I looked around, and even the reporters are surprised. I unknowingly nodded, and I saw him stand up. He leaned closer to me. I could feel him press his forehead against mine.

 

"I need you to say it, Seul-gi..." His warm breath brushing against my skin. "Please."

"Sehun..." I said and smiled. I can't believe this! "Yes!"

 

The moment I said that, I felt his lips kissing mine. It wasn't deep, but I could feel the electric bolts shoot through my veins. I felt him smile, and we both let go. We created a scandal. I thought everyone would shoot pictures of us kissing in front of them. Instead, they let their cameras hang loose from their necks and clapped their hands.

The next thing I knew, Kris was already behind us, making everyone sit down. Then the staff were out to serve the guests coffee and desserts. We just enjoyed the food and coffee. I can't believe this is happening.

 

"Hey..." Sehun called, and I looked at him. "You were serious, right?

"As long as you are." I said, and I saw him frown.

"When it's you, I'm always serious." He took my hand and kissed it. "I'm so in love with you."

 

*

 

We went to his house so we could spend some time. When I got home, I heard a popping sound. I looked at Minho who is pouring some champagne in the glasses placed on top of the table. Sulli went to my side and hugged me. I smiled.

 

"Congratulations." She said and she showed me her phone. There was an article!

"Thanks." I said and smiled at her. "And I'm sorry if I said something that might have made you two uncomfortable."

"Nah, we're fine. We'll handle it." She said and smiled faintly. "Sehun."

"Thanks, Sulli." Sulli went back to Minho's side.

 

I saw Sehun answer his phone. I excused myself, so I went near the couple. They gave me a glass. We were waiting for Sehun. We talked about a bunch of things, like how we all started out. Minho even apologized for using me for Yuri's benefit. All this time, I was involved because Yuri had no one to divert Minho's attention, and she saw me by chance.

 

We heard Sehun talking, and when he got here, he was with Yuri. We were all surprised. I looked at Sulli and Minho. Sulli's eyes was filled with tears, and they both ran towards each other and hugged. In the end, I am sure they still love each other.

 

"I'm sorry." Yuri said in between her sobs.

"No, I'm sorry!" Sulli said and Minho joined them.

 

Sehun and I left them to reunite. We went to his room and sat on his bed. I looked at him, and I could see him smile. His phone rang once again, and he put it on loud speaker. I could hear Edison's voice on the other line.

 

"er! Congratulations!" Before Edison could say anything, Sehun already ended the call and threw his phone to his bed.

"Aren't you curious on what Edison has to say?" I asked him, then he laid me down his bed.

"Nope." He kissed my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, Sehun."

 

And we did it...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kidding!