Seul-gi: 31

The Unexpected (Book 2)

Kris settled for a coffee shop since he loves coffee. Today was the opening, and as a partner, I had to be here. I don't want to classify myself as one, though. I mean, everything, from the building, to the ideas, everything belongs to Kris. I only invested a few cash, but that was about it. 

 

We both cut the ribbon, then everyone clapped their hands. We're officially open!Kris thought it would be a good idea to give away cookies for every coffee the customers bought. We had our bakers do the work. They suggested oatmeal cookies, buttercream cookies and the classic, chocolate chip. I just let them do it since they know what's best. 

 

The shop was busy, especially because of Seohyun's expanded network.She's contacted the famous celebrities, politicians, and the rich-and-famous. I felt a bit out of place, but it's a good thing I know a few people. I saw Taeyeon and she smiled at me. She's with Tiffany. I went to their table, and they both hugged me. 

"Congratulations for the very successful opening, Seul-gi!" Taeyeon said. 

"You should congratulate Kris. This is all his." I said, and Tiffany playfully rolled her eyes on me. 

"Stop being so modest, Seul-gi!" She smiled at me warmly and gave me the tightest hug. "I had to be here on your opening day, so stop putting yourself down."

"Thanks. Well, you're enjoying yourselves, right?" I asked them, and they nodded. "Good. I'll just roam around to see if the guests are having fun!" I saw them nod, then I left them. 

 

I went upstairs to check on everyone, and they're all having fun. Most of them are popular personalities. Then my eyes landed on one of the customers. It's Mrs. Oh. I went to her table. I saw her put down her cup and looked at me. I gave her a smile, and she returned the favor. She motioned me to sit in front of her. 

 

"Ms. Kang..." She smiled at me faintly. "How's life?" 

"I'm good. How about you, Mrs. Oh?" I asked her. 

"I'm fine..." She said and looked at me. "But my son isn't." My smile faded, but I let her continue. "Ms. Kang, Sehun did not ask me to come here. I came her as a mother. I won't force you to love my son, because that's absurd. But if you're going to continue to hurt my son this way, then I'll take him to New York with me." 

"Mrs. Oh, with all due respect, I would like to tell you my side before you do what you have to do..." I said and took a deep breath. "I stopped... whatever we had, because Yuri is hurting. I also don't want to hurt anyone. Especially when I remembered that Sehun is Yuri's fiancee-" 

"What?" I heard Mrs. Oh laugh. "Fiancee? They're not engaged, Ms. Kang."

"What?" I am dumbfounded. 

"They are childhood friends, but I don't remember them being engaged." 

"But Yuri told me-" 

"She lied." She casually said and sipped her coffee. "Yuri... She's not the nicest, but she's something. Sehun is a bit protective of her because she's been in so much pain. Because of her cousins, she's been stressed out. I feel pity, but it hurts Sehun, too. They are friends, after all." 

"But Sehun told me you forced him to marry Yuri." Why did he lie to me!?

"Again, he lied. For Sehun, he'd rather hurt himself than hurt the people he love." She sighed. "But, sometimes, that protective instinct from him is bad. He's hurting himself too much." 

"I'm sorry..." I said. I held back my tears. I can't cry. Not now, please... 

"Ah, you should talk to him. Settle things, so I would know if I should bring him with me or not." She said and stood up. She patted my shoulder. "You're a good girl. I know that. And you had a good effect on Sehun, but right now, he's hurting himself because of you. I can't stand seeing my son like that."

 

*

 

I need to keep my cool. I can't panic, I can't be nervous. But my knees are shaking right now. I pinched myself to stop shaking, but my knees won't. I really need to kick something. I saw him walk towards me, then sat beside me. We're in a park. I looked at Mark who is now eating an ice cream. I looked down. Mark held my hand, then I looked at him. 

 

"Mark. I'm scared. What if he won't tell me the truth this time?" I asked him. 

"Then don't bother chasing him." I hate that he's so casual about everything. 

"Mark!" He just laughed at me. What an idiot. 

"Seriously, Seul-gi. Don't force yourself to someone who won't see your worth."

When he said that, I felt pain in my chest. That's exactly what I did to Sehun!"Mark. Don't you think it's time for me to... you know... do some effort?" 

"Effort?" He his ice cream. 

"I mean, he's been telling me how much he loves me, showing me, proving to me that he's sincere... But, I kept on pushing him away." 

"Well, that's your fault." 

"I know that!" I smacked his arm, and he complained. "I mean, I love Sehun. That's for sure. But I'm not sure on how to make him realize that." 

"Maybe tell him that personally?" Mark his ice cream again, then looked at me. "Listen, if you love him, then show it to him. You're right. Do some effort. You'll regret not doing anything." 

"But... what if my efforts will be in vain?" I asked him that."Then..." He moved away from me. "That's what you call karma." I saw him laugh, then ran away. What an idiot. But I just nodded.It might be karma. But I'll try. No- I'll do it. It's my turn to convey my feelings for him. Because if I don't, we both might live in regret.

 

 

I was about to stand up, but when I looked up, it was Sehun. I was frozen in my seat. He sat beside me... Now what? He smiled at me, and I did the same. Seul-gi, act casual. Please, be composed this time. Don't break down, don't... ugh! Don't embarrass yourself, Seul-gi!

 

"You wanted to talk to me?" I looked at his pale skin. What happened to him?

"Ah, yes. I just..." The words won't come out of my mouth. Seul-gi, talk!

"If you wanted to say sorry, that's fine. I'm partly at fault-"

"No," I quickly cut him off. "It was all my fault."

"Seul-gi, don't blame yourself." He said that, but I know... he blames me.

"Sehun, listen." I said and held his hand. I felt him flinch, but I don't mind. "I love you."

I heard him laugh, then took his hand. "Love me? Are you that happy toying with my feelings, Seul-gi?"

I shook my head. "No, Sehun... It's my mistake. I should've told you how I felt. I should've..." I took a deep breath. "I got scared, Sehun. You said it yourself, you're Yuri's fiancee, but now that I know you're not-"

"Wait, how'd you know that?" I looked away. I was about to say something when he cut me off. "No, it doesn't matter. Yes, I'm not really engaged to Yuri. But did you just do that because you found out we're not engaged?" I stayed still, not knowing what to say. No, It's because I realized that even if you're Yuri's fiancee, I won't mind. I don't care if people see me as a bad person. It won't matter to me. But why can't I find myself to say these words? "I thought so..."

"Sehun, please." I stood in front of him. "What do I have to do?"

"Nothing." He said and looked away.

 

 

I took all my guts with me and lowered my body to kneel. I'm letting go of my pride, because I am very in love with Sehun. I don't care if people think I'm crazy. I just want him. I want him back. I want him mine.