Seul-gi: 30

The Unexpected (Book 2)

I went to the club with Mark and Irene. When I faced Mark, he wasn't there. I looked behind and saw him talking with someone. They look so happy. I just shrugged my shoulders and left him behind. I went with Irene to a table and we both asked the waiter for a bottle of tequila. Since it's the weekend, I feel like we should do it. It's been a few weeks since I stopped clubbing. I'm not even sure why.I drank the shot straight and I laughed. I sipped the lemon and I looked at Irene who is drinking the same thing. 

 

I'm wearing a shiny, black dress and a pair of black pumps. We took a lot of pictures and uploaded them on our social media accounts. I fixed the strap on Irene's dress. She just smiled and we both drank our shots.Irene dragged me towards the dancefloor. We've been dancing like crazy here. I felt someone dance with me, and I just let it happen. I mean, this is a club, you're supposed to dance with people. But when the guy kept on pushing himself to me, I tried to drag Irene out of here. Man, this is hard without Mark. Where is he, anyway? I just left him alone with someone, and he's didn't come back for us. Man, what a jerk! 

 

We both sat down. I pressed my thighs together and tried to massage my feet. Man, how long have I been dancing? I looked up, and I saw Mark across the room, faces with the girl he was talking to earlier. Okay, eww. But whatever. Irene left me alone because her boyfriend is waiting for her outside. I offered to go with her, but she just refused. 

 

I'm feeling a bit dizzy, so I went out. I raised my arm when I saw a cab, but someone grabbed my hand. I tried to open my eyes, and I already know who it is. I smiled at him. But the truth is, I'm so scared. He's frowning right now. I cleared my throat and stared at him. 

"You're here!" I said, and I saw him pout. 

"Let's get you home." He said and dragged me to his car. 

"I can go home by myself." I said, and he stopped walking. 

"You're drunk, you didn't bring your car and you're wearing something boys would ogle at." He glared at me. "Don't worry, I'll bring you to your unit." 

"Sehun... I'm not your responsibility." I looked down. I felt his hand under my chin and raised my head up. He stared into my eyes, and I felt dizzy by his stare. "Sehun..." 

"Listen. I'm back for you. Why won't you let me in?" I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Please... Am I not better?" 

"Sehun... I pushed you away because of Yuri-"

"! Stop sacrificing! Did you know how much it hurt to know you gave up on me for Yuri?" He cupped my face, but I looked away. "I just let you rest. Let us rest. Because I thought we'd be okay if we had the chance to breath."I tried to get away from him, but he hugged me. 

 

I felt my knees tremble. I pushed him away because I didn't want trouble. I shouldn't feel this way because I pushed him away, right? I should stick by that decision. I can't budge. I know I love him, but I'm gonna be really selfish if I won't stop. I don't want to hurt a lot of people. 

 

"Is this what you really wanted? Is this it?" I looked at him. I held back my tears. I'm sorry Sehun. "Because if you bothered to ask me, I would've told you that I hate this. I ing hate this set-up! But I can't do anything about it since it was you who decided! You're so selfish, Seul-gi. You are fully aware that I am yours. But you!? I don't even know if you truly loved me!" He let go of me and stood away from me. "I'm walking away. Let's give each other another break." He walked away from me, leaving me all alone.

 

I was stuck to where I was. Did he give up? I laughed bitterly, but my laughter couldn't take the pain away. I felt the raindrops on my skin, but I don't mind. At least the universe feels a little bit of sympathy for me. The water is cold, but my tears are warm. I must be crazy. I made him give up on me, but why am I hurting so much right now? I felt someone grab my hand, but my body won't budge. The next thing I knew, I am in someone's arms. I tried looking at him, but my vision is blurry. He let out a sigh as he sat me down. I'm so cold, even though I'm already inside the car. The guy sat down his car and before I could say anything, my vision went dark. 

 

*

 

I smelled something delicious. But my head is aching. I opened my eyes, but the lights are blinding. I looked around the unfamiliar place. Am I in a hotel room? It looks like a hotel room, though. I looked at my body. I'm fully clothed, but this isn't what I wore last night! Who took me here? I got up and looked around, half expecting someone to be here, and half hoping someone isn't here. 

 

I saw food on the table. The smoke was still rising from the soup. I went closer to the table and saw a note. 

 

"Eat up. I already paid for your room. Don't worry about it." 

 

I toured the room, but nobody was there. I'm a bit skeptical about the food, but my stomach won't cooperate. I sat down and ate everything. After feeling full, I went back to bed to check if my bag was there. It was in a chair. I opened it to check if my stuff are still in place. It still was. Now, who could've brought me here?I asked Mark if he brought me to a hotel, but he said he didn't. He must've been busy that girl's face. I can't ask Irene, though, because she left first. I really don't know anyone who could bring me here. 

 

Could it be... him?No, he can't be. I mean, why would he bring me here? Why would he bring someone who hurt him so bad to safety? But I can't be sure. I don't know. I want to doubt, and I'm kind of hoping it wasn't him. Because I don't deserve even his kindness. I don't deserve someone like him. I don't deserve being treated like a princess. I'm not worth it.