Seul-gi: 34

The Unexpected (Book 2)

"What happened to you?" He asked me.I was leaning against his shoulder, so I sat straight. 

"Nothing."I saw him shrug. I secretly looked at him, he's still wearing his pajamas. So did I. I just rubbed my eyes and looked at the TV. He's still watching the same movie. I shrugged. When I got up, I heard someone knock on the door. I told Sehun I'll get it, but he says he'll do it.I heard him talk in a hushed tone, but his expressions are really strong. I couldn't stand being here, so I went to their doorsteps  and I saw Sulli and Minho. The suitcases near them did not escape my sight. I'm not sure what happened, but I saw Minho scratching his head. 

 

"What are you doing here?" I sound really rude, but I hope they don't take it the wrong way. 

"I think we're disturbing something..." Sulli said softly and looked away from us. 

"No, I'm sorry. But I was just... asking." I looked at them and I saw the question in Minho's eyes, as well. "I just got invited."

"I'm sorry, man. We'll look for another place." He turned around and grabbed Sulli by her waist. 

"Wait..." I said, and they both looked back. "I think Sehun could spare some room for the both of you." I said and looked at Sehun. "Right?" 

I saw him roll his eyes and turned to Minho. "Get inside." 

 

I saw their faces light up and Minho quickly grabbed Sulli's bag. I offered to help them, but he just refused. Sehun led them to a room across his. Sehun opened the door, and I saw how beautiful it was. Compared to Sehun's clean room, this one is also clean, but not really bright. The wallpapers and bedsheets are red. The pillows are black, but the light is fine. It just doesn't match the room well. 

 

"Why is this room so ?" Sulli asked innocently. 

We both didn't know what to say. I mean, I have my reason- I don't know why- But Sehun is pretty quiet today. "Let's not talk about it." He turned to Minho. "Can we talk?" 

 

*

 

Sulli and I left the boys upstairs. I'm preparing snacks for Sulli and Minho. I glanced at her. She looked so scared, but I don't know why. Should I ask her? But I'm scared. I went to her side and offered her the sandwich I was making. She nodded and took one. 

 

"So... What happened?" I handed her the juice, and she took it. 

"Our family found out?" She said and laughed. "I mean, I'm adopted, so I don't see why we're forbidden." 

"Oh..." I said and patted her back. "I'm sorry." 

"No, it's okay. We just decided to run away." She drank her juice then faced me. "Yuri might come here and look for us. If she does, please tell her I'll meet her somewhere else." 

"Why? Why not here?" I asked her. 

"Because she might do something undesirable." She held my hand and stared into my eyes. "I don't even know what to do, anymore."

"I'll try to help you as much as I can." I told her, and she nodded. 

 

*

 

I asked Sehun if I could go home. At first, he was reluctant, but then he offered to drive me home. I just nodded and wore the clothes I wore a few hours ago. It was quiet on the way home, but there was no awkwardness, whatsoever.He dropped me off, then I rode the elevator. When I got into the right floor, I went out and saw Yuri. Wait, so how did she know where I live? I walked up to her, and she looks really stressed right now. She noticed me, so she stood straight. 

 

"Can I talk to you?" She said, so I just nodded. 

 

We both went inside my unit, and she sat down on the couch. I asked her if she wanted anything, but she just shook her head. I still brought some juice and glasses, though. I sat in front of her. Now what? 

 

"I know you know where Sulli and Minho are." She said that confidently. "Just tell them that if they need financial help, I can give them that."

"Aren't you against them from the very beginning?" I am in no position to defend them, but I just had to ask this."So you do know where." She laughed and handed me a blank cheque (A/N: Not sure for the spelling if it's "cheque" or "check"). "That's for them. I don't have a lot of money, but if Minho decides to take away my money, then tell him I'll let him." 

"Why?" 

"Because it was his money from the very beginning." She said and stood up. "And tell Sulli I'm sorry for everything I did." She walked away. 

But before she could leave my unit, I chased her down. "Why are you doing this?" 

"Because no matter how I look at it, they're still my cousins." She said and wiped the tears away. "It has always been us from the very beginning, I intend to keep it that way."I watched her walk away. 

 

This was the most decent I have seen Yuri act. And it's so sad because I could feel her pain by the way she talked to me. I went back to my unit and the TV. It's been a while since I watched TV alone. I don't turn this on usually, though. Because I easily get bored. But this news channel caught my attention. 

 

"Choi Sulli ends her engagement with Choi Seung-hyun."

 

I didn't know Sulli was that popular. I kept the channel on as I prepared for dinner. While cooking the chicken, I heard Sulli's name again. I dropped my plate after hearing the news. 

 

"It's been a rumor lately that Ms. Choi Sulli has been cold towards her fiancee, until it was confirmed by Mr. Choi Seung-hyun himself. When asked what the reason of their break-up was, this is what he said."

 

"Sulli and I broke up." The reporter asked something I couldn't make out of. "No, no ill-feelings were involved. We're both busy people... We're not even compatible, and I'm pretty sure she loves someone else."I quickly went to the couch and looked at my phone. I wanted to text Sehun, but the news reporter went on about how the netizens reacted. 

 

I can't believe Sulli is really that popular. I thought she's just like Sehun who's rich. But what would I know? I've never been rich or popular!I also read the comments from an article about Sulli and her ex-fiancee's breakup. 

 

"I don't think Sulli should be blamed. I mean, Isn't he considered a very infamous playboy?" 

"This is obviously Seung-hyun's fault!"

 

I was reading the same comments, all of them are blaming this "Choi Seung-hyun". But one particular comment caught my eyes. 

 

"Sulli? Ah, I've seen her kiss this guy. She was still together with Seung-hyun at that time. I think she cheated on him. Let's not judge Seung-hyun because of his past."

 

I texted Sehun that Sulli's break up with her ex-fiancee was televised. I hope he reads my text as soon as possible.