Seul-gi: 4

The Unexpected (Book 2)

His name was Sehun. I keep remembering what he did for me last night. I could've handled it on my own, though. I mean I'm not really good at anything related to martial arts, but I had a pepper spray, and I am a fast runner. I could've ran towards the building.

 

I quickly changed to my uniform when a fellow crew tapped my back.

 

"Yes?"

"Someone asked for you." She told me and left quickly.

 

When I went out of the locker room, I saw a food tray and the number was for table number 7. When I looked for number 7, I saw Edison fiddling with his phone. Wait, him?

 

Relax, Seul-gi. He probably recognizes you as Tiffany's- not an appropriate term, but will have to do- friend. I was almost shaking, but luckily, I already placed the tray in his table.

 

"Thanks." He smiled at me, and his smile was replaced with a curious look. He was looking at the ring I was wearing. "That ring... Where did you get that?"

 

I badly wanted to just run away and never return, but I'd be fired- again- if I did that. "It..." Why does it matter to him? "Can I not answer that, sir?"

 

"I just find it familiar." He reached out his hand, and before I could even think, I already hid my hand behind my back.

 

"If you don't need anything, I'll leave now, sir." I said anxiously and ran off towards the locker room.

 

For now, I just want to be inside. But I can't. I just tried to avoid him as much as I can. Fortunately, he was in a hurry. But it did not stop him from glancing towards me every now and then. It's almost as if he's trying to remember where he saw that ring.

 

This ring... I should've given it back to Mr. Choi. It was his in the first place. I don't deserve this. But then, how can I see him again? Ugh! This is so frustrating! I hate myself for forgetting the very vital details.

 

But I didn't have the ring at that time. I purposely gave it to someone else. I didn't want to have any connection with Mr. Choi. Not even as acquaintances. I don't know why. I don't have ill feelings for him. It's just... we'd be too cliche. He's rich, I'm poor. And I don't want to hear other people talk about me like I'm some kind of just because I'm poor. Why the should I bear that in my chest?

 

 

*

 

Today, I think Ms. Song was in a hurry, so our class ended early. I went home first so I could eat dinner, then back to work. I hope I could see Mr. Choi so I could return the ring to him.

 

I saw Edison again, with the same company. It's just the two of them, but I really feel uncomfortable being in the same place as them ever since the incident. Ever since yesterday? Gosh! I really hate this feeling! I don't even know them for goodness sake!

 

"Margarita here." I heard a lady yell, but when I looked back, she was sitting on a high stool in front of the bar. The person beside her was familiar. And when I was about to look away, he turned to the girl. Kris? What's he doing here? Before I could even go near them, they were kissing like mad!

 

I've never seen this side of Kris before! What happened to him? Is he living a secret life? He's so warm and kind when it's just.. us. Does Seohyun know about this? I will never know.

 

I quickly placed the tray on the table at the bar counter and grabbed Kris' hand and headed outside the club. I also sent a text to Seohyun, telling her about how drunk her brother is.

 

"Kris? Are you okay?" I asked him, and he smiled at me. But I could see pain in his eyes.

"Seul-gi! What a pleasant surprise!" He said and gave me a hug. Before I could react, he was already crying in my arms. "You're the only pleasant thing I've seen so far."

"What's wrong, cous?" I finally called. I'm beginning to worry about my cousin.

 

He quickly let go of his hug and ran towards a dark corner. I heard him throw up, so I patted his back. I told him I'll get him water. I asked the staff to fill in for me for a while. I had to lie. I had to tell him a customer demanded for a water. Luckily, he bought it.

 

But when I went out, he was already already cursing everyone in his sight. He rode his car and a guy followed him inside. I saw two other people, a male and a female hail for a cab and followed Kris' car.

 

I had no choice but to hail for a cab, as well. I mean, that's my cousin! He'll be in danger! And as if on cue, the cab stopped when I looked up to see what's happening. I saw his white Lamborghini crash into a tree.

 

My tears were uncontrollable as I took out a bill and gave it to the driver and didn't wait for the change. I went towards the car and knocked on his windshield. This can't be happening! NO! I won't allow it!

 

"Kris! Kris!" I yelled, and when I looked around, I saw Ms. Song on the ground, and Sehun helping her up. Why is she here? Why is she affected? Is she dating Kris? Or the person who was with Kris?

 

I received a call from Tiffany. And before I could react, I already heard her loud voice.

 

"Seul-gi. Where's Kris? He's in so much trouble!"

 

I couldn't answer her... I mean... I could, but... What will I say?

 

"Kris..." I said and I felt the warm tear escape from my eyes. How will I say it?

"Seul-gi!" It was Seohyun. "It's me, Seo. Where are you? Can you take him home? We're still out of town."

"Seo... Kris..." Before I could tell her, a loud siren coming from an ambulance rang to my ears.

"Wait, Seul-gi, what's going on!?" She was already yelling.

"Kris' car bumped into a tree." I finally said, scared and stiff.

 

The other line was quiet. I felt someone trying to take me away from the door. I tried to look up, it was Sehun. His look was stern. I looked back at Kris, who is now being handled carefully so he could be transferred to the ambulance.

 

"Ma'am, may I ask you some questions?" I heard someone talk to me. I instinctively nodded. "Do you know who are those people inside the vehicle?"

"My cousin... he was driving-" I bawled. I didn't expect this. What will Seohyun say? Will she be mad at me? And more importantly, will Kris be okay? I hope he'll be okay. He doesn't deserve any of this!

 

"What's the name of the victim?"

"Kris Wu." I said, trying to give them correct information.

"How old is the victim?"

"21 years old."

 

He asked me a bunch of questions, and I tried to answer them as much as I could. But I still couldn't believe it. The officer escorted me towards the police car and told me they'll drop me off the hospital. Good thing because I just want to look after my cousin.

 

I saw Ms. Song looking worried, and a beautiful lady, probably same age as Kris, or older, sit beside her. I wanted to ask Ms. Song why is she still here. Is Kris or the person who was with Kris her student? But they look extremely anxious. I went over towards the emergency room and waited. But Ms. Song didn't notice me. So did the lady.

 

I decided to call Seohyun. She needs to know. And I have to apologize because I haven't told her anything yet. I was about to dial her number when I saw her name pop up. I answered the call as I was walking towards the exit.

 

"Seul-gi. Any updates? Is he okay?" She said frantically.

"He's in the emergency room. He's having an operation right now."

"Okay..." She was quiet for a few moments. "Is someone there aside from you?"

I hesitated. But she asked, so I'll tell her. "My instructor was there. I don't know why she's here, but it looks like she's here for Kris? Or the guy who was with Kris."

Seohyun was quiet for a while. I thought she ended the call, but didn't. "I'll be there. Text me the details." And hang up.

 

I texted her which hospital, and gave her an update every now and then. Will Kris be okay?