Chapter 13

Call You Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Turn of events

 

 

 

"You are so tall." Those were the first words he heard from him. "What is your name?"

"...Hyungwon."

"Oh! I'm Kihyun!" He beams up, extending his arm and reaching out his hand towards him. "Nice to meet you, Hyungwon. Let's be friends!"

Sixth grade. That's where everything started; his friendship with his best friend. Hyungwon used to be a lonesome child— unsociable, uncommunicative; other children thought he was mute or disoriented for you would find him either only staring outside the window as the class goes on or sleeping on his desk. He used to be reserved, only minding about his own little world till Kihyun entered his class during sixth grade, and befriended him.

Kihyun was so tiny back then. He was the shortest in the class, opposite to Hyungwon who was the tallest above all. They were the exact opposite of each other, but they seem to best fit each other as best friends. Kihyun was the outspoken one, and Hyungwon prefers to keep everything running inside his mind, but even though they greatly differ from each other, they still have lots of things that they agree together.

Kihyun loves to sing, and Hyungwon loves to dance. The hobbies maybe different, but they share the same passion; music. With music, both males can connect to each other. Whenever Kihyun would sing, Hyungwon would come up with a choreography to dance along the melodic voice of his best friend. They would spend most of their time like that. It never changed even when both of them reached middle school. Both of them joined the 'Dance&Music' club. They were the youngest in their group that time, but it didn't hinder them from doing what they both love. Their friendship just grew stronger.

High school wasn't any different from how they were with each other as well. The bond they have together was still unbreakable. Their group of friends grew, but they were still inseparable. Though it somehow changes when Changkyun came along. Hyungwon knew. He was well aware of the fact how Kihyun never really favored Changkyun with him. He was well aware of the fact that behind him Kihyun never supported his relationship with Changkyun. But he pretended he did not know thinking that he could do something about it, something he could make Kihyun change his mind about Changkyun. The older male never really told him aloud about how he honestly disapproves with Changkyun, but even though his best friend didn't tell him, back then it was honestly obvious. Whenever Changkyun would appear, Kihyun would immediately excuse himself. Other times when he really doesn't have anywhere else to go, he would just avoid starting a conversation with Changkyun or even meeting the latter's eyes. It was clearly evident— way too obvious even if Kihyun never utttered anything.

He tried so hard. He tried to do anything that could change Kihyun's perspective about his relationship with Changkyun, but in the end he became too oblivious about the fact that his attention was already drawn too much to no one but Changkyun. In the end, he had already forgotten about his best friend somehow. But that, Hyungwon never knew anymore. He wasn't aware of that part anymore.

But when Changkyun momentarily disappeared from his sight— when he badly needed a bridge to reach Changkyun when he was bounded to leave, he remembered about Kihyun, his best friend. He came to ask for Kihyun's aid right away— without considering that there was already a gaping hole in their friendship.

Hyungwon left, but his mind still lingered about nothing but Changkyun. Changkyun was his all and Kihyun became a fragment after his lover came along. 

Even so, he never expected that the gaping hole between their friendship that he never considered turning his head to look back at and fix would be the very reason how his romantic life would end. He never viewed Kihyun being able to do such thing even if he knew all too well about Kihyun's disgust in his relationship with Changkyun. It was just too unimaginable for Kihyun to do something so betraying.


 

 

 

 

It broke his heart. It really tore his heart apart after knowing everything what he had missed when he left. His friendship; their once steadfast, faithful, and loyal bond was no longer flawless anymore. And the person, the person he was badly expecting to wait for him was no longer there for him. Everything had already fallen apart before he was even given the chance to be aware of it.

The memories he shared with his best friend, they all started to flash before his eyes like a film fast-forwarded without any time intervals and just keep playing on and on and on. Tears continued to stream down his cheeks as broken sobs continued to break free from his throat. It hurts so much to realize that all those years they spent and took time creating memories together are now crumbling down altogether. The trust they tried so hard to build and conserve was now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter