Luhan's Parents

Umma Plz Accept Me

Part 2

 

    “Sehun~ah, pick up…”

    Luhan still got the voice message. She huffed. “I guess he still has work…”

    “Luhan!”

    “Hm?”

    Luhan heard Key come up the stairs to her room, and she cracked open the door.

    “Luhan, what is his favorite food?”

    “Umma~nim, I already told you! Besides, it doesn’t matter.”

    “Luhan, I just want to make a good impression! I’m excited and I want to get it right!”

    “Umma~nim, just calm down.” She sighed. “He likes meat and sushi.”

    “Okay, thank you, sweetie.” and she left the doorway.

    Luhan laid down on her bed and huffed. Then smiled to herself. “Why am I worried? He will definitely come.”

    Then she went downstairs to help her mother in the kitchen.

 

    “I’m home!” Jonghyun screamed. “Something smells delicious!”

    Key came to greet her husband, with Luhan right behind her. “You can’t eat it yet, it’s for our guest.

    “Of course,” Jonghyun smiled at his daughter. Then he sat on the couch with a sigh. “A doctor, huh?”

    “Appa, how was work?” Luhan sounded concerned.

    Jonghyun huffed, but he said, “It was work, and now it’s over. Now, I’m going to get ready.” He smiled before he stood up and went upstairs.

 

    Luhan barely noticed her phone was ringing while she was cooking in the kitchen.

    “Hello, Sehun~ah?”

    “Noona, I saw you called me many times while I was at work. Did something happen?”

    Luhan smiled. “No, everything is fine! You are still able to come over, right?”

    “Of course. I’m on my way right now!”

    Right now?

    But the house wasn’t ready!

    “Ah, Sehun~ah-”

    “I’ll have to call you back since I’m on the road now. Saranghae, see you later!”

    And he hung up.

    “Uhhh… Umma, are you able to finish cooking? I will get the table ready.” Luhan took her apron off.

    “Of course, honey. Go set the table, the food will be ready in a few minutes.”

    While Luhan set the table, she say her father come in. “Ah, is he coming now?”

    “Appa, what are you wearing?!”

    “What I always wear.” A t-shirt and jeans.

    “Appa, can’t you dress a little more… formal?”

    “Luhan, you don’t think I’m going to embarrass you, do you?” Jonghyun laughed.

    “Ah- aniyo. Never mind appa.” She slumps on the chair.

    Jonghyun sighs. “I’ll go put on a suit, how about that? And Key, you should change too.”

    “Okay, just setting the table.”

    Luhan pouted. “Umma, hurry, Sehun doesn’t live that far away…”

    “Don’t worry, sweetie. See? Done. I’ll go now.” Key smiled, and her and her husband went to their room to change into something more “presentable”.

    The moment they returned, the bell rang.

    “Oh my gosh, he’s here! Umma, Appa!”

    Of course they looked presentable, but their attitude was still too casual. “Please, Umma, appa, act-”

    “‘Formal’, yeah, yeah, we know Luhan.” Jonghyun said, and opened the door. “Sehun! I’m Luhan’s father, Jonghyun. Come on in!”

    “Ah, thank you.” Sehun bowed.

    “Annyeong Hashimnikka, I’m Luhan’s mother, Key.” And she wrapped her arms around Sehun, surprising Sehun.

    “Welcome to our home!”