Smart Grandchildren, please!!

Umma Plz Accept Me

Part 3

    Even though Sehun was nervous at first, he felt more comfortable seeing that all the foods at the table were the ones he liked most.

    He started by putting some sushi on his plate.

    “I tried to cook all your favorites, so I hope you enjoy,” Key said with a smile.

    Sehun dipped the sushi in eel sauce bit into it. It was simple: a piece of shrimp on salted rice. But it was the way he liked it. “It’s delicious! Thank you, Umma!”

    Key smiled and nudged her husband in excitement. He called me Umma!

    Jonghyun cleared his throat. “So, uh, Sehun. You’re a doctor right?”

    “Yes, sir.”

    “It pays well, doesn’t it?”

    “Well, it’s only been a few months, but I the pay is pretty good.” Sehun smiled because that is the most cliche question he gets when asked about that job.

    “Do you like it?”

    “Well, we work long hours, and it’s a little stressful, but I like my job. I like to help people, so the end result is what keeps me going.”

    Jonghyun smiled. Which worried Luhan. She could see that something was about to happen…

“So, since you’re a doctor, and my daughter is studying to be a lawyer, that means we’ll have extra-smart grandchildren!”

That’s what she was dreading.

Both Luhan and Sehun’s faces flushed on cue, and their appetites left them that instant. Luhan wished she had warned him earlier because it was going downhill from there.

“How many children do you want, Sehun?” Key was excited that this topic was brought up. “Because I want lots of grandchildren, okay? Oooohh!” She closed her eyes and grinned at the comment.

“Umma~nim…” Luhan quietly begged. But she had become invisible.

“Listen, son.” Jonghyun leaned forward. “I want lots of boys, okay? I love girls, but I never had a son, so grandsons are good.”

Sehun nodded. “Ah, ageh seumnida…”

“And you have to protect your daughters, okay? Make sure they stay away from harm. And them boys? You gotta teach them how to fight. From looking at you, I can guess you were not the fighting type. But, you see, boys gotta be strong and know how to defend themselves. And their girls.”

Luhan covered her face. Why why why why….

At first Sehun was embarrassed, and a little offended. But looking into Jonghyun’s eyes, Sehun could tell that Jonghyun wasn’t necessarily talking about children anymore.

So he smiled. “Ageh seumnida, appa. I will take very good care of her.”

Luhan looked at Sehun in shock. He no longer looked uncomfortable.

Jonghyun smiled and leaned back in his chair. “Well, good. Now, I want lot’s of grandchildren so that we can doctors and lawyers and they can live well and be rich.” He laughed. “Then some can get into politics and become president.”

Sehun laughed. “Of course.”

Him and Luhan looked at each other and smiled. Dinner wasn’t going to be so bad after all. They were able to eat again.

Key smiled at Jonghyun’s comment. “Oh! I can’t wait! I should go shopping tomorrow for baby clothes! Oh, my grandchildren will be so cute!”

Luhan’s eyes widened. “Umma~nim, I’m not pregnant!”

“That’s okay, it’s never too early.” She laughed as she took a bite of her rice.

“Yes, actually, it’s way too early.” Luhan complained.

 

“That was… interesting.” Sehun told Luhan as she walked him to the car. “The food was perfect, though.”

‘Sorry if they caused you any trouble.”

“No, I really like them. They’re… very straightforward.”

Luhan laughed. “Well, so is your mother.”

Sehun nodded. “That’s true.”

Suddenly, he had this faraway look as he gazed at the stars. “But they made me think of things that I was too afraid to think of.”

“Like what?” Luhan looked worried. But Sehun just smiled.

“Like… marriage.”