Dinner Date

Umma Plz Accept Me

“Umma~nim, I’m nervous.”

Luhan looked in the mirror while in her room, wiping her sweaty hands on her dress to smooth it out.

“No need to be,” Key brushed her daughter’s hair and took a step back.

Luhan’s phone buzzed on her dresser. It was Sehun.

 

Sehun: On my way to pick you up :)

 

Luhan took a deep breath. “Do I look good?”

“You’re beautiful, sweetie.” Key rested her hands on her daughter’s shoulders and gave her a reassuring look.

 

Sehun and Luhan rode in the car silent the whole way, saving their thoughts for when they reach the restaurant.

When they were seated, it was in a room with one table. He made reservations for it to be private, Luhan thought. She bit her lip. Was he going to officially propose?

Sehun took her jacket and pulled the chair out from under the chair.

Luhan smiled as she sat down. She was glad her parents convinced her to come. Sehun was such a gentleman to her, she didn’t need to be afraid of advancing her relationship with him.

Sehun took his seat. The two looked at each other, then laughed awkwardly and looked down. They hadn’t seen each other for what felt like forever and didn’t know what to say.

“You look nice,” Luhan said.

“You look great,” Sehun smiled in amazement. “But of course, you always do.”

Luhan blushed at the compliment. Before they could say anything more, the waiter had come. Obviously, the food had been previously ordered as well. They were served Cantonese Lobster noodle dish, which Luhan looked at in amazement. It looked delicious…

But she remembered why she had come. Luhan had to tell Sehun something. And he said he had something to say to her.

Sehun thanked the waiter and nodded his head at his girlfriend, letting her know to eat.

Luhan scooted the food around on her plate. Sehun slurped one noodle. Both of them had the same thought: to get straight to the point.

“Um,” they both said at the same time, setting down their forks.

If I let her talk first, she might dump me!

What would he say if I don’t tell him first!

Both wanted to be the first to talk. So it quickly went from a quiet date to a battle.

“I wanna tell you something. Can I go first? It’s really important.”

They kept saying it at the same time.

Before Luhan could say another word, Sehun held out his hand for her to stop.

“Luhan, this is important. I have to tell you right now, so please don’t dump me just yet!”

Sehun’s face instantly turned red, embarrassed at how straightforward his statement was.

‘What are you talking about?” Luhan laughed. “I wasn’t gonna dump you! I was trying to say that if you want to get married, then I’m fine with that!”

Sehun’s jaw dropped. “But my mother said that you aren’t ready!”

Luhan’s face twisted in confusion. “My parents said that you were ready to settle down, and that I should marry you before it’s too late!”

“Too late for what?”

“Before you dump me…”

The two stared at each other before laughing.

“I think our mother’s met up and talked to each other,” Sehun said.

“Not only that, but they didn’t communicate that well, either,” Luhan said.

After an awkward silence, they continued to eat.

“Why did you want to marry me, anyway?”

Sehun chuckled, embarrassed. “I wasn’t necessarily ready to get married just yet, but I… your parents kinda made me think about… how much I’d love to spend the rest of my life with you.” Sehun looked at his girlfriend nervously with a shy smile. “I’m sorry if I scared you.”

“It’s okay,” Luhan waved her hand. “I think part of it was the embarrassment I’ve always felt about the subject due to my parents. I’m actually… flattered that you felt that way.”

“I still do…” Sehun glanced at Luhan and back to his food and started stuffing his face so he wouldn’t have to say anymore.

Luhan bit her lip and looked down. She thought of what Baekhyun said. No, she wouldn’t marry Sehun because he’s a doctor. She would marry him because she loves him.

 


Hello there readers! I appreciate that you are enjoying my story!

If there is anything I love most about writing stories, it's knowing that I'm giving you what you want.

So please subscribe, upvote, and comment! Feedback helps me to improve :)

Have a nice day!!