Parents' Meeting

Umma Plz Accept Me

 

“Is this the house?” Jonghyun asked his wife.

Key nodded. “This is the address that she gave me.”

“Wa~~ this is great? So our son in law lives here?”

Key lightly hit her husband’s arm with a laugh. “He’s not out son in law just yet.”

Jonghyun continued to look at the house that belonged to Kris and his wife, Suho. It was a big house, at least to him. Not quite a mansion, but none the less, big, belonging to people with a fat income.

“Well are we here to admire the house or to greet the owners?” Key smiled at her husband jokingly.

“Just give me a second to soak it all in, okay?” Jonghyun laughed and shook his head. He then walked to the door and gave it a knock.

Suho opened the door with a smile, seeing Key. “Hello, it’s nice to see you again. This must be your husband?”

Key nodded. “This is Jonghyun. Honey, this is Suho, Sehun’s mother.”

Jonghyun and Suho slightly bowed and shook hands. “Nice to meet you.”

Suho brought them to the living room, where green tea was already set on the table for the guests. “Kris and Sehun aren’t here, but they will arrive soon.” The guests nodded.

“How is your daughter?’ Suho asked eagerly. “I heard she’ll be graduating soon, and that she’s already got her second client.”

“She’s only working at a ticket law firm right now, but she’ll soon move on to civil cases when she graduates and finds the right law firm.” Jonghyun answered.

“I see,” Suho smiled and sipped her tea. “Well, Sehun seems pretty excited about it anyways.”

Jonghyun and Key looked at each other and quietly chuckled. “He’s so supportive,” Key said.

“Oh, also,” Suho looked eagerly at Jonghyun. “ I thought it would be good if you, Kris and Sehun could go out together and, ya know, play golf or something and get to know each other better.”

Jonghyun hadn’t planned on it, but he agreed to it quickly, since he didn’t have any plans for the rest of the day. Besides, what could be more important than bonding with your son in law?

“Luhan can come over then,” Key said. “Then we three can also have our own little get together.”

“Sounds like a good idea. Especially since Sehun didn’t fill me in on the details of their date last night.”

“Oh, really?” Key smiled. “LuLu told us everything. It’s kinda funny, she said there was a misunderstanding at first, but they promised not to even mention marriage until they both have steady jobs.”

“Oh, okay. That’s a good idea. I’m glad they could come to an agreement.”

Key and Jonghyun looked at each other, saying nothing. Of course, they wished that their daughter would just marry the boy already, but it was out of their hands.

“Um, this might be kind of late, but I’m not sure if you heard about my first meeting with Lu. I wasn’t very kind to your daughter, but I would like to apologize for that. I’ve always been overprotective of my son, but I’ve realized that he’s an adult now. And I appreciate that your daughter is a very caring person towards him, even after the problems they’ve run into.”

“Thank you for the honesty…” Jonghyun replied. “By contrast, we loved Sehun the moment we saw him.”

They all laughed. “Just guilt me, why don’t you,” Suho quietly said as she sipped her tea. At that moment, Sehun and Kris walked in. Suho stood to greet them.

Sehun looked surprised seeing the guests as he bowed and greeted them.

“I was thinking that the two of you could go out with Mr. Kim this evening.”

Sehun nodded. “I’ll be down quickly.”

“Take your time,” Jonghyun smiled at him. Sehun smiled back before turning around and walking upstairs.

Jonghyun and Key stood to greet Kris before he followed his son up the stairs.

“After the boys leave, we can go out to eat or something.”

Key nodded. “We can go on the way to pick my daughter up.”

 

“What does he look like?”

“Very handsome.” Luhan smiled at her friend.

“Hannie!” Baekhyun pouted. “Show me a picture or something!”

“Hey, don’t you have a boyfriend?”

“What?! I just want to know what he looks like, since you’ve been dating him forever, and it doesn’t seem like I’ll ever get to meet him.”

“You’ll meet him soon enough.”

Baekhyun huffed. “I’m your bestfriend and I’m not allowed to see a single picture of your boyfriend? I see how it is.”

“Huh, fine. It’s just you’re weird when it comes to this kind of thing…” Luhan took the phone out of her purse and showed her lockscreen to her friend.

“Omo…” Baek snatched the phone out Luhan’s hand. “That’s him?”

“Hey!”

“He looks like a model! Or an idol! Omo, he’s so handsome!”

“Yah,” Luhan snatched her phone back. “He’s a doctor, and my boyfriend. Whatever happened to yours?”

“He’s coming to pick me up.” Baekhyun pouted. “Besides. I thought you were gonna marry him!”

“Just because you told me to?” Luhan shook her head. “No. We’re not even going to think about it for a long time.”

“But he’s a doctor!!”

“And I’m a lawyer! That doesn’t matter!”

Baekhyun sighed. “By the way, have you joined any law firm, ya know, besides those ticket places?”

“Not yet, I’m still searching.” Luhan sighed.

“Well, one place actually sent me a letter, requesting for me to come in. I’m going to their interview. You could tag along. Maybe after the interview, you could maybe hand them your resume or something.”

“Really?” Luhan looked surprised. “I mean, would they mind?” She was genuinely surprised at her friend’s kindness, though she didn’t want Baekhyun to know that.

“Well, I don’t see why they wouldn’t.” Baek smiled. “Besides you’re so hard working. Plus you need a steady job so you can marry Sehun.”

“Omo, Baekhyun!” Luhan laughed, although she tried to act irritated. “We’re not getting married anytime soon!”

“Hmm, okay. Well, Chanyeol is here, I’ll see you later.” The two waved each other goodbye and Baek left.

Luhan sighed. All her life she was irritated with the word marriage. She didn’t see why it was such a problem at the time, though, since she had just met Sehun’s family and wanted to know them better. But, she wondered… what if she still fears it years later?