Picture Perfect

Umma Plz Accept Me

Part 1

Sehun walked into his home. He's only been working for a few months, but his job has begun to tire him.

But that's no excuse for a successful person. Especially when you are Sehun.

"Sehun~ah? Is that you?"

Sehun smiled, seeing Suho walk out of the kitchen. "Umma! Dinner smells wonderful!"

Suho kissed her son on the cheek. "Your father is upstairs. He came in not long before you."

Sehun took a deep breath, and smiled nervously at his mother. "Okay."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" and he ran up to his room.

 

 

"I don't believe you."

"Noona... I'm telling you the truth. Now please, come over. It'll be ready in half and hour."

"Okay... but I still don't feel to good about this."

"Don't worry. Saranghae."

Sehun hung up, and wiped his sweaty palms on his pants. He took a deep breath, wihich served no purpose since the knock on his bedroom door freaked him out.

"Ha-Who is it?"

"Your father."

"Oh, appa, come in."

Kris opened the door, and closed it again. He sat on the bed next to his son.

"How is she like?"

"What- what are you-"

Kris sighed and put his hand on Sehun's shoulder. "I know your bringing a girl. And I know she means a lot to you."

He stood up. "And I know whoever it is, your making the right decision. Just... make sure your mother realizes this."

And Kris walked out the room, leaving his son dumbfounded. What was that?

 

 

Luhan entered the living room, where the maid told her to wait.

She walked the perimeter. Trophies, medals, certificates.

Her heart began to beat quickly. Why am I here? she wondered.

She saw a big picture behind above the couch. It was of the family. They were picture perfect. Suho and Kris stood next to each other. Sehun sat in a chair in front of them, with his parents' hands on each shoulder. They were smiling. Luhan began to feel out of place. She could never fit in such a beautiful family picture, she felt.

"Luhan!"

She turned to see Sehun proudly smile at her. "Sehun!" she walked towards him. "I-"

"Come on, dinner's ready." and he lead her out of the room.

 

The table was absolutely silent.

Suho couldn't bear to look Luhan in the eye.

"So..." Kris started. "You said you're going into law."

"Y-yes actually." Luhan was grateful for the break in the silence. She smiled shyly. "I actually got my first client yesterday."

"Really?" Kris smiled, and looked at his wife. "Young, beautiful, smart. What more could we wish for our son?"

Suho only glared. "This is an unpleasent surprise." She glared at her son's girlfriend. "I want this out of here! Now!"

Everyone at the table had their eyes widened and their jaws dropped. "Umma," Sehun started.

Never had any of them seen this side of Suho.

Luhan, shocked, had tears in her eyes. "Sehun, I think I should go..." But before she could stand, Kris stopped her.

"Please excuse us. Suho, follow me."

And they walked into the kitchen.

Sehun took his napkin and wiped Luhan's eyes. "Umma isn't usually like this. I don't think she hates you. But she's just very clingy. She'll accept you. It'll be okay."

I hope.

 

Suho followed Kris into the kitchen. "He told you, but he didn't tell me?"

Kris took a deep breath. Sometimes, his wife was a piece of work. "He didn't tell me, but I knew."

Suho huffed. "How could he be keeping secrets like this?! Aigoo!"

Kris forced his wife to look him in the eye. "Sehun has always made the right decisions. We can always trust him to do that. Why don't you trust him now?"

Suho gasped. What could she say? Why was she so upset?

She let out another huff.

"Give Luhan a chance."

Suho stood silently. Then said, "Okay," quietly.

 

Sehun's parents returned to the table and Luhan stood up.

Kris motioned with his hand for her to sit down, and said, "No, please we don't want you to go."

But Luhan didn't sit. She turned to Suho.

"Umma, I know you love your son. I know that you are proud of him being a doctor. I know you want the best for him, and I know you don't want him to get hurt."

Suho just stared. She hadn't expected this!

"But, I promise you that I will love him as much as you do, if not more. I promise to make him happy, and to make sure that all his needs are taken care of."

Suho stood up. "Luhan-"

Luhan wasn't done. She bowed, and said, "I also promise to love you as I love my own mother, and to be a good daughter to you! I will make sure that you will never be hurt, and that your needs are taken care of! Umma Suho, I promise to never replace you. Umma, pl"

Suho had tears in her eyes. How could she have mistaken such a lady for a bad choice? Like Her husband said, Sehun's always made the right choices.

She touched Luhan's shoulder gently, and Luhan looked up. "Of course I'll accept you. If your Sehun's girlfriend, of course you can be my daughter. I know he will choose the right girl."

Sehun was surprised. "But Umma, what about that girl you were talking about-"

Suho glared at him, like "really?". "Don't worry, I'll tall her it's not going to work out."

Sehun smiled. YEHET!

The room brightened. Everyone smiled, sat down, and continued dinner. The more they learned about Luhan, the more Kris and Suho learned that she was perfect for Sehun.

 

"Thank you so much for dinner. It was delicious." Luhan said.

Suho grabbed Luhan's arm. "Honey, you're not about to leave, are you? We have to take a family picture!"

"Picture..." Luhan was not ready for a picture! But then she smiled brightly. "Family picture?"

Kris smiled. "Of course, so we can brag about you to everyone we know."

Sehun smiled shyly. "My family takes pictures all the time. You'll have to get used to it."

Luhan kissed him on the cheek. "I can do that."

So the maid, also the family photographer, got everyone situated. Like always, Suho and Kris side by side with Sehun sitting in front of them. Only this time, an addition to the family: Luhan, sitting next to Sehun, their fingers laced, and everyone with the happiest smiles anyone could know.