Part 2

Mirror mirror on the wall

Author note: Sorry it's short.. I try to write and upload the next part faster. Sorry for all mistales, English isn't my mother tongue.


It was Monday evening, after an exhausting day full of training and scolding from the management. While the majority of Exo went home afterwards to shower and sleep, Joonmyeon and me went to the gym to get some of the stress out of our systems.

Lately I observed that Joonmyeon’s usually gentle face held a grim look and his warm brown eyes, that reminded me of melted chocolate, looked sad and exhausted. Considering his role as leader I understood that he had more stress than we others. The management often called him in the night to scold him about the most trivial of things or inform him about last minute changes in the schedules.

I observed him from across the gym, while he was lifting weights. To me his whole being seemed tired, tired and broken. How much can a human endure until he breaks?

Kim Joonmyeon is strong, physical as mental. He proved that in his many years as trainee and in his composed behaviour in every situation. But a human can only endure so much and now it seemed that this was the point where he would break. It was too much pressure for one person, I thought. After Kris and Luhan left, the management loaded more and more on the remaining members. They pressured us in every way possible. It was regularly that one of us broke down from the stress and cried himself to sleep. I’ve seen it enough in the last few weeks.

Joonmyeon was another case. He endured it all with his head held high, no matter what.

But now he has reached his point and would break soon, I noticed with a sigh escaping my lips. How long would it take, I wondered.

 

It was 10.30pm. Me and Suho were in the shower after the training. The hot water hit my body stark and eased the tension in my muscles. The leader stood some meters away from me with his head down. He began shaking slightly and the realisation hit me like a rock. The time of his breakdown was now.

I walked to him, got a grip on his wrist and gently got him out of the shower. I put a big towel around his shaking form, his face still downcast out of view and there was no sound that escaped his lips. I dried myself as fast as possible and put on some clothes. He hadn’t moved one centimetre in the time. Stood still on the same place and was shaking even more. A quiet tiny whimper left his lips, but in the silent room my ears could hear it. I rushed to him in time before he fell to his knees, and hold him up. I got us to the benches from the changing room and comforted him there. I embraced him and combed my fingers through his still wet hairs to calm him down. The shaking got worse and miserable sobs and whimpers left his lips. He was a wreck and my heart clenched at this pitiful sight.

What did we do to deserve such a treatment from the management, that we had regularly breakdowns, I wondered.

After I calmed him down enough, I called our manager to drive us home and tucked him in bed.

 

This night was like no other. I woke up in the middle of the night and stood in front of the mirror. My reflexion showed me a disapproving, grim look. It seemed to scold me for not taking better care of our group and I agreed. I was to self-absorbed with my weight and working out and let the group down, especially Joonmyeon.

An emotion flared up in the eyes of my reflexion.

You little piggish are just thinking about yourself! What is with the others?! They are way more important than you. They have talent and are working hard for their achievements, but you’re letting them down. You’re too fat, you’re voice sounds like and a drunk cat can dance better than you ever will. You’re exchangeable, but the others are not. So get a ing grip of yourself and try to help them, that’s the only reason you’re here.

His reflexion spit at him and the hatred in his eyes grew.