Unfold

Torn Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8 – Unfold

 

* * * *

 

Past

 

Minho had moved into a new apartment by himself. After a whole long month, he finally found this really nice one bedroom unit which not too far away from work or the soccer field. His mum had just remodeled the entire house after she kicked their father's out, so she allowed Minho to take whatever furniture he needed for his new place.

Minho groaned as he tried to keep hold of his end of the couch, it was the last of the furniture that needed to be brought in, which was a good thing because he was definitely getting tired. Minho had spent the last two hours bringing in all the main stuff from the moving van. Once the couch was set down, he collapsed on top of it.

Minho breathed in and out rapidly as he felt his muscles ache. "Ahhh...I am so tired."

Jonghyun lounged next to Minho. His leg move slightly as he kicked Minho lightly in the shin. Not different from Minho, he was also as drained out as him. "I really hate you right now!" Stated Jonghyun.

Minho chuckled softly at his reaction. He guess it was what he get for making Jonghyun get up at six in the morning to pack up the moving van and then help him move it into this place. "C'mon dude, you know you don't hate me." Said Minho.

Jonghyun punched him in the arm this time, harder than before so Minho punched him back and before they knew it, they were both on the ground wrestle like boys half of their ages. Minho had Jonghyun's arm behind his back but seconds later Jonghyun was out of Minho's grip and had him in a head lock.

Minho looked up when he heard someone clear their throat from the other side of the room. Jinri was standing in the door way, a box in her arms and a smirk on her face. She shook her head and walked over to place the box amongst the others.

Jinri turned back to them crossing her arms and shaking her head again. "Seriously! Do I need to separate the two of you and give you both a time out?"

Jonghyun removed his arm from Minho's neck and pouted. "But mum! We're just having some fun." He whined playfully.

Jinri laughed. "How old are you guys? Two?" She pointed over to the mess. "How about you saved the fun until after we finish sorting through this mess."

Jinri headed towards the kitchen and started unpacking the boxes on the counter which were labelled kitchen. As she unwrapped the coffee mugs, Minho couldn't help but stare at her. Jinri was wearing a pair on old navy blue jeans and one of Jonghyun's t-shirt which she had to knot it in the back so it would actually fit her. Her long hair was held back by a bright pink bandana and even with no make-up on, all Minho could see was how beautiful she was.

It was hard to believe that she was his girlfriend. They had been going out for nearly five months now but they still had to keep it a secret to everyone.…well except Sooyoung who already knew it.

The sound of someone's mobile ringing made Minho tear his eyes from Jinri. He looked away and saw Jonghyun yanking his phone out of his pocket. It was only a text message, Minho watched as Jonghyun scrolled down, a big grin forming on his face as he put his phone back in his pocket.

"Sorry Minho I know I promised to help you out but this girl…. I mean, I've been trying to get her to go out with me for the past weeks and she has finally agreed."

"Ok, no problem." Said Minho and then he glanced over at Jinri. He smiled as he saw the pretend gagging look on her face.

Jonghyun also caught his sister and rolled his eyes. "That's not very nice, little sis. Can't you at least wish your brother a good luck?" He told her, his arm folded over his chest.

Jinri laughed and shook her head. "Come on oppa, every girl you found were total barbie! Nothing but plastic. What make it different this time? And not to mention it weren't even last over a week."

"Aish this girl! Do I give you a hard time about the guys you date?" Protested Jonghyun.

Jinri crinkled her nose. "Last time you broke the nose of someone from my classmates and he didn't even do anything, just to confess that he had a crush on me."

Jonghyun laughed. "I was just being proactive. That kid wasn't good enough for you."

"And who is then?" Queried Jinri as she rolled her eyes.

Jonghyun sighed. "Well….You need to date..." He looked around. "You need to date someone like Minho."

Jinri's face was written dread. She threw Minho a worried look but somewhat a glimpse of hope planted on her feature. "Minho oppa?!" She stuttered.

Minho smiled back at Jinri. He thought maybe this was the perfect time to tell Jonghyun. He looked happy and had even suggested it so maybe he would be more open to them than they thought.

All of a sudden Jonghyun burst out laughing, his face turning red as he gripped his stomach.

Minho frowned. "What's so funny?" His question seemed to make him laugh louder, tears forming in his eyes as he struggled to breathe and Minho was even more confused.

Jonghyun wiped the tears from his eyes, trying to catch his breath. "I'm sorry but just the idea of the two of you getting together makes me laugh."

Minho sighed. "Why is that funny?"

Jonghyun glanced at the look on Minho's face and he stopped laughing immediately. "I don't know. I'm sorry mate but you and my sister?" He shook his head. "Come on.…"

Jinri's face fell as if she had come to the same realization as Minho. He knew now that no matter how much time they gave Jonghyun, he was never going to be okay with this. It didn't matter how much him and Jinri cared about each other or how much time they gave him. Jonghyun made it clear that he was never going to deal with the fact that his best friend was in love with his little sister.

"Okay, I should get going now." Said Jonghyun and then he turned his attention to Jinri. "Do you want a lift home Jinri?"

Jinri shook her head. "No thanks, I think I might stay and help Minho oppa unpack." She replied coldly as she turned away from her brother. A look on her face told Minho that she was angry at her brother but Jonghyun just didn't caught on that.

Jonghyun shrugged. "Whatever, I will see you at home then." He approached Minho and punched playfully on his arm. "Drive my sister home safely, okay? I will drop by again tomorrow. See you."

"Yeah I will see you tomorrow." Said Minho as he watched Jonghyun walk out the door. He just stood on the ground in silence until he heard the roar of his car.

Once Minho knew Jonghyun was not going to be coming back, he turned his attention to Jinri. A frown forming on his face as his eyes landed on her panicked face. Minho raced over to the kitchen and slowly pulled Jinri into his arms.

He rested his head on the top of hers and sighed. "I know what you're thinking babe and the answer is no!"

Jinri's arms tightened around Minho. "But Jonghyun oppa.....he's never going to understand."

Minho rubbed her back and kissed her forehead softly. "I know but I will make him understand, I promise."

Jinri's body relaxed against Minho's. "I really hate lying to everyone. I don't want to keep hiding this! I want to be able to walk down the street and be able to hold your hand, not worrying who might see us. I want to be able to introduce you to people as my boyfriend instead of my brother's best friend! This isn't fair."

Minho released the hug and he lifted Jinri's face up to meet his. He smiled tenderly. "Love is never fair."

Jinri's eyes turned red at Minho's statement. "Oppa…. Did you just say 'love'?"

Minho kissed her lips softly. "I love you Riri."

Jinri returned his smile and she cried softly. "I love you too, Minho oppa."

 

- - - -

 

Present

 

The smell of cooking wafting through Minho's room, coxing him out of a deep sleep. He glanced over at the time, it was only seven thirty. His mother was up early. Minho threw back the covers and dragged himself into the bathroom. He let the hot water run over his body and he started to relax. Minho couldn't believe how fast the first week had gone since he came back, it felt like he had just gotten here yesterday. He had spent the majority of the week with Jinri and Hannah. It felt like he was finally making some progress.

Now that he knew about Hannah, Jinri had stopped avoiding him and it felt like they were on their way to becoming friends again. Minho didn't realize how much he missed just being able to talk to her. Jinri had the unique ability of being able to make him open up without even trying. However Minho knew, Jinri was still a little uncomfortable around him, a bit guarded but each day he spent with her, he saw that guard shrinking.

And his daughter…..Minho smiled when remembered her. She was an amazing child. Hannah may look like him physically but on the inside she was a mini version of her mother, strong willed to the point of stubborn, very independent and extremely bright, Minho couldn't get enough of her. He still hate that he had missed so much time with her over the last four years but hopefully once the truth came out he would be able to make it up to her.

Minho got dressed in a nice pair of khaki shorts and a white linen shirt before following his nose down to the kitchen. He leaned against the door frame and breathed in the delicious aroma.

"I did miss your cooking mum."

She glanced up from the frying pan on the stove and grinned at his son. "Goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter