Uncertain decision

Torn Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4 – Uncertain decision

 

* * * *

 

Past

 

When he was younger, Minho always thought his parents had the perfect marriage ever. They seemed so in love that it was almost sickening to watch them couldn't get enough of each other. But for the past year, thing started to change. His dad has been spending more time at the office, most likely those times he devoted to his twenty three year old drop dead gorgeous secretary, if you catch his drift. His mother had kept quiet to start off with, she was a very reserve person and wanted to keep peace in family. Minho didn't understand why though, his father was terrible as far as he was concerned and his mother deserved so much better than him.

Minho cranked his music up full blast to drown out the loud screams coming from down stairs. And there it was, his parents were at it again.

Minho couldn't stand it. He threw opened his closet and started packing his overnight bag, there was no way this fight was going to end anytime soon so he was going to go and stay at his best friend's place again. Jonghyun and him had gotten closer over the past year and whenever his mum and dad had one of their screaming matches, Minho would always crash on his couch. He just couldn't believe how great that family had been to him, his parents even called him their second son.

As Minho started zipping up his bag, he hesitated, remembering what had happened the last time he stayed there. That night Jinri and him were both insomniacs and turned out they had their second midnight snack together in the kitchen but this time was different. Minho knew he was so attracted to Jinri and it increased day by day, even he himself admitted that. It was honestly hard to suppress those feelings but he had to. Jonghyun was like a brother to him and very protective over his little sister, he would kill him if he ever made a move on her.

But the memory of that night flashed in his mind again. Both of them were in the kitchen chatting away and eating the chocolate chip ice cream Minho bought.

"Btw Oppa, how could you even know that I craved for this thing?" Said Jinri as she dug her spoon into the carton and grinned. "You are always at the right timings."

Minho chuckled. "I don't know. Probably you can think of me as a worm in your stomach."

Jinri laughed. "Should I? Let's see if you would know what I'm dying to have next?"

Both laughed as Minho watched Jinri enjoyed her ice cream like a kid.

"Oppa, say ah.…" Said Jinri as she lifted the spoon in front of his mouth.

Minho smiled and then obediently opened his mouth to accept her sweet offer. Jinri smiled and she also fed herself after. By then Minho noticed she had some smear on the side of her lips. Chuckling, Minho leaned in, gently brushing the cream off with his thumb, part of it running across her bottom lip. Her lips were so soft and felt so warm and before he could stop himself, Minho leaned in further placing his own lips against hers. At first Jinri was stunned but within a few seconds she started to relax and slowly closed her eyes.

After what seemed like forever, both came to their senses at the same time and pulled away. Neither of them said a word as jolt of awkwardness filled in the air and they couldn't even look at each other straight in the face.

Minho sighed. From that night, he guessed he had been avoiding Jinri since then and here he was thinking about spending the night at their house again.

Before Minho had time to think about it too much, he heard a loud knock on his bedroom door. He turned down the volume of his music level as he thought that probably his parents finally called a truce for tonight.

"Come in." Yelled Minho. The door instantly opened to reveal an angry Jinri in the doorway. "Ri…Riri!" Stuttered Minho for almost not believing his eyes. He was surprise to see the girl he just kissed two weeks ago standing right in front of him. And all he could do was looking at her as he didn't know what right word to say.

Jinri scowled at him. Walking into his bedroom, she crossed her arms over her chest. "Why are you avoiding me Minho?"

Minho sighed as he took a seat on his bed. Well, no one could ever accuse her about beating round the bush. "I haven't been avoiding you."

Jinri sat down next to Minho. "Very funny! I haven't seen you over at the house for two weeks."

Minho took a deep breath. Jinri was sitting so close to him that he could smell her perfume. "I-I've been busy."

Jinri sighed. "Look oppa! If this is about the kiss--"

Minho immediately stood up, cutting Jinri off. He walked over to the other side of the room trying to put as much distance between the two of them as possible. "It's not about the kiss." Okay, lying to her would be the best solution he could think of.

Jinri stared at Minho for a moment and then she sighed again. "Okay, if it's not because of that….then let's forget it ever happened. Look Minho oppa, I don't want it to be weird between us and considering you practically live at our place but now you haven't been there in two weeks and I call that abnormal."

Minho felt relief that Jinri suggested them to forget about that kiss but a small part of him was slightly disappointed. He wanted her so bad but guess they just weren't mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter