Fight

Torn Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14 – Fight

 

* * * *

 

Past

 

Jinri sat on the bathroom floor and took a deep breath, she was trying to control her nausea as she just finished throwing up for the third time this morning. God! How could this thing happen to her? She would kill for it to be food poisoning or something like that, not morning sickness, not pregnancy. She was just about turning eighteen in a few months but in less than nine months she was going to be somebody's mother and it really scared her to death.

When she had started getting sick Jinri thought it was just emotional, Minho had left for over a month beforehand and she still missed him every day. Jinri didn't cry as much as she used to and she was actually eating again but not having him here still felt wrong. So when she started throwing up and having little dizzy spells, she thought it was because of what she had been going through but when she missed her period, her mind clicked. However it still took three positive pregnancy tests for Jinri to believe that she was really pregnant.

Jinri was so scared to tell her parents, not wanting to see the looks of disappointment on their faces, not to mention that they didn't even know she was dating, let alone dating their almost-like-a-son Minho. However in the end she took all the courage to tell Sooyoung and Luna to find solution. Eventually it took them standing either side of her for her to have a gut telling her parents that she was pregnant.

They spent the rest of the morning in complete silence. Jinri had already had a few days to get over the shock so now it was their turn. But by the end of the day, her mother had made her a doctor's appointment to check on the baby. They weren't exactly thrilled at the thought of being grandparents so early but they said they would stand by her no matter what she chose.

That got Jinri thinking, what was she going to choose? Did she want to have this baby? Did she want to do the unthinkable and have an abortion? Or even have the baby and give it up? Jinri placed her hands over her stomach, rubbing it as she thought about the baby growing inside of her. This child was going to be a constant reminder of her relationship with Minho, of the feelings they once had shared together. Could she even handle raising a child?

Suddenly there was a loud banging at the bathroom door and that brought Jinri's mind back to reality.

The doorknob turned quickly and an angry Jonghyun stormed in. "Tell me what the hell is going on Jinri?" He demanded loudly. "You're pregnant!"

Jonghyun wasn't around when she told their parents the news, he had gone to a trip with some old friends. To be honest, Jinri thought it would be easier that way to tackle a few people at a time and she didn't think he was going to be home until tomorrow, she even had this whole speech planned out about how she was going to tell him but now he found out.

Jinri grabbed hold of the toilet to use it for leverage as she stood up. "Oppa….I--"

Jonghyun held a hand up to stop her. "Just tell me who the hell is that jackass and where can I find him? Because I'm going to tear him to shred."

Jinri was scared, she had never seen her brother this angry before and with everything that had been going on she just couldn't help but burst out in tears. Maybe it was the hormone that was doing it or the fact that she was emotionally exhausted and was having a nervous breakdown. But through her tear filled eyes, she saw Jonghyun's own melt in a second as he moved towards her pulling her in for a tight hug.

"Shhh baby." Soothed Jonghyun, kissing her lightly on the forehead and rubbing her back gently. "Oppa is sorry for getting angry, I promise it won't happen again. It's okay, I'm here for you."

 

- - - -

 

Present

 

Jinri took a deep breath as she placed her hand on the door knob. "Okay I'm coming out."

Getting through an average door in a not so average door was not the easiest thing in the world but she managed it. Jinri smoothed her wedding dress out and fixed her veil before she looked up to find Sooyoung and Luna who were both standing before her with their jaws wide in shock.

"It is bad, isn't it? I knew it! I look like a marshmallow, don't I?" Said Jinri as she groaned softly.

Luna shook her head as she gave her dear friend an incredulous look. "Marshmallow? Are you kidding me? You look so beautiful Jinri, absolutely stunning."

Jinri calmed down a little and was so glad that they approved her look. Somehow she just didn't think the dress suited her that perfect.

Hannah giggled. "Wow….You look like a pwincess mummy."

Jinri smiled as she watched her daughter spin around in her little flower girl dress. It was a sleeveless, floor length dress with scattered beading on the bodice and an A-line skirt that looked very similar to the skirt of her dress.

"So do you baby girl." Replied Jinri, smiling.

Now they had gotten ready in the back room of the church. It was like a mini hotel suite with its own entrance and bathroom.

There was a soft knock on the door and Jinri's mother poked her head through it. "Ten minute warning girls."

Jinri beamed at the girls. "You ready for this, ladies?"

Sooyoung smiled back. "I think the question should be us asking you little sis, are you ready for this?"

Jinri nodded. "You guys head out first, I'll be out in a minute."

They agreed as she watched the girls grab their bouquets and lead Hannah out to the entrance of the church. Once they were gone with the door closed, Jinri lost her smile as she turned to study her reflection in the mirror, she looked like she belonged on top of a wedding cake and couldn't really believe that in less than an hour she was going to be Mrs. Ahn Jinri.

As she looked in the mirror, she continued to study her makeup, looking at the excellent job the makeup artist had done. She had covered up the dark circle under her eyes and the worry lines on her face. Jinri had stayed up with Hannah until two o'clock this morning, the poor little girl wouldn't stop crying about her daddy leaving but eventually she fell asleep and the monkey still clutched tightly in her arms. She nearly cried herself when Minho gave Hannah that monkey, it was such a sweet gesture of a father to his daughter.

Jinri couldn't believe Minho was leaving today, most likely already on the plane at this very second. Minho hadn't been in her life for five years and after just one month he appeared again, it felt like those years he had never left at all and now it felt like she was losing him all over again.

Jinri saw something moving out of the corner of her eye and when she looked in the mirror again properly she saw Minho's reflection staring back at her. Jinri blinked a few times, thinking it was just her imagination playing tricks on her but finally she spun around and realized his reflection wasn't going to go away. dropped in shock.

"Minho, what are you doing here?"

Minho was panting heavily. "Minseok hyung insisted to ride on his car and unfortunately it broke down half way here so I had to run and then there was the climbing of that back fence to avoid all the guests."

"Okay oppa…" Replied Jinri, interrupting him. "I get how you got here but what I'm asking is why are you here?"

Minho's eyes caught Jinri's as he took a few steps closer to her. "I'm here for you Riri. You made the statement the other week that I never fought for us, that I cared more about soccer than I did about you but the truth is that I don't. I've spent the last five years playing the sport I love but there was always something missing in my life and that is you."

Jinri felt her vision became blurred until a few tears ran down her cheeks, ruining her professional applied makeup. "Minho, what are you saying?"

Minho was now right in front of Jinri, brushing her tears away. "I'm saying that I love you, I've loved you since the day I met you and I'm going to keep loving you with my last breath. I don't want you to marry Ahn Jaehyun, I want you to marry me. I want you and Hannah to come to England with me. Hell! If you want I will quit soccer and come back here. I don't care where we live, if I ever play soccer again as long as I'm with you Riri because I know there are only you and Hannah who can complete me in life."

"Minho please.…" Pleaded Jinri as tears kept running down her face. "Please…don't do this to me." His fingers brushed her cheek lightly sending shivers down her spine.

Minho looked into her eyes emotionally. "I'm ready to fight for us Riri, what I want to know is if you are ready to fight for us too. I need to know if you still love me."

Jinri felt like she was suffocating, here she was standing before him in a wedding dress, about to get married to another man and he was telling her everything she wanted him to tell her for the last five years. Jinri was totally and utterly speechless, on one hand she cared for Jaehyun but those feelings she had for Minho so many years ago were still as strong as ever.

Jinri started fidgeting with her engagement ring as she bit her bottom lip hard. "I….. I'm getting married today Minho."

Minho stared her. "Is that all you can say? I have just poured my heart out to you and that is all you can say in return."

Jinri groaned in frustration. "What do you want me to say? I'm standing here in a wedding dress about to get married to a man who has been very good to me. You come in here and tell me all these things and expect me to leave him at the alter?" She held up her left hand. "You see this ring here? It was given to me as a gesture of promise. He gave me this ring and I gave him my word."

Minho stayed composed, his hands slipped into his pockets as he stood before her. "And that's your final decision?"

Jinri didn't say a word. She didn't really trust herself to talk right now because her heart was screaming at her to hug Minho, to tell him that she wanted nothing more than to run away with him. But she had families and many guests waiting to watch her walk down the aisle, to exchange vows with Jaehyun and become his wife.

In the end, she nodded her head silently.

Minho took a deep breath. "Okay then, I guess I've got a plane to catch then. Good luck with everything Riri, I hope you're happy."

But as Minho turned to leave she grabbed his arm. "Minho I…"

Minho pulled himself out of her grip. "You don't need to explain Rir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter