Dinner

Torn Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6 – Dinner

 

* * * *

 

Past

 

Minho walked up to the front door, opened it and going inside. He smiled alone, loving the fact that Jonghyun's parents told him if he spent nearly every day there, he might as well be able to let himself in without ringing the doorbell or something. They were even kind enough to give him their own house key in case if he would come by when there was no one home and he could still enjoy his time there.

When Minho went inside, he was instantly hit with the delicious aroma of Mrs. Choi's cooking. He follow his nose into the kitchen and got there just in time to see her pulling out a batch of double chocolate cookies, he was almost drooling at the smell.

She turned to put cookies on the table when she spotted Minho at the doorway. She grinned. "Hey Minho. You must have a sixth sense that tells you when I'm baking. You always managed to show up just when I'm pulling something out of the oven."

Minho chuckled, remembered all the times he got freshly baked snacks off her. "Well yes, probably I do have sixth sense. I could even smell them ever since I stepped out of my house. They are too yummy to resist. Are you sure I couldn't persuade you to leave uncle and marry me instead?"

She laughed, shaking her head as she placed a few cookies on a plate and held them out for him. "I know kid, you just only want me because of my cooking."

Minho smiled thankfully and took a big bite of one of the cookies, savouring the taste. "What can I say auntie, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and you've definitely stolen mine." They laughed together and Minho asked, "Is Jonghyun here?"

She shook her head as she piled more cookies on another plate. "You are out of luck dear. Jonghyun is out running a few errands for me. I guess he should be home in about an hour." She looked up and grinned. "But of course, my handsome Minho is more than welcome to wait for him."

Minho smiled. "Thanks my beautiful auntie."

She chuckled and then passed him another plate of cookies and a glass of milk. "Then please do your beautiful auntie a favor and take this down to Jinri. That kid is been holed up in her dark room all morning."

Minho nodded eagerly and straightened up. "Sure thing auntie."

He grabbed the plate and glass of milk, heading towards the basement. Minho was happy as he was all smiling, he hadn't been able to have one on one moment with Jinri since her birthday. It killed him to be so close to his love yet not be able to hold her, kiss her or even just cuddle up with her and watch a movie together. Since they had started their little relationship secretly, they always had to be so careful, to make sure that no one saw them. They were waiting for the right time to talk to Jonghyun, neither one of them wanted him to freak out so they came to a decision wanting to wait for him to be in a good mood, a really good mood.

Minho quietly made his way down the basement stairs, the only guide of the way to find her was the red light on the other side of the basement. Minho halted a stop when he finally saw Jinri. Smiling, he stood there for a few minutes watching her work. Jinri was dressed in a simple jeans and a plain blue t-shirt with her hair tied back in a messy ponytail. She was so busy studying one of her photos that she didn't even notice Minho was watching her.

Minho carefully put the plate and glass on the table beside him and quietly came up behind her, leaning in so he could whisper in her ear. "Have I ever told you how gorgeous you are?"

Jinri jumped a little before turning around to face him. She hit him lightly. "Yah oppa, you scared me."

Minho laughed and he wrapped Jinri in his arms before leaning in closer, trailing kissing along her neck. "You know you love it."

Jinri giggled a little before pushing him away. "Oppa! We can't do this here. Jonghyun op--"

Minho silenced her with a kiss on her lips and pulled out a few seconds later. "Jonghyun is out running errands for your mum. He won't be back for at least an hour."

Jinri slowly grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Really?" She questioned.

"Really." Replied Minho before capturing with his again. Minho didn't know how long they were standing there making out but something behind him made Jinri pull away quickly. He saw her face turn as white as a ghost.

Minho spun around and his mouth dropped when he saw Jinri's older sister Sooyoung staring at them. Her jaw wide open and her eyes bouncing back and forth between the two younger.

Minho and Jinri exchanged glances, knowing full well that they were just busted.

 

- - - -

 

Present

 

Minho arrived at Jonghyun's house and stood right at the front door. The place didn't seem to change since the last time he was here. Lots of memories emerged through his invisible vision where he constantly spent almost every day here back then.

Now standing there, Minho did something he hadn't done since he first met them, which was ringing the front doorbell. He actually still had the key of the house but after five years, he wasn't game enough to use it anymore.

A few seconds later, Sooyoung was the one to answer the door. Minho greeted her as she also greeted back. Her voice was even but somewhat cold. Minho could figure out that she didn't like him very much anymore and he was sure it had something to do with the fact that she knew that he was Hannah's father.

"Suit yourself. Dinner is about ready soon." Said Sooyoung.

Minho smiled. "Thanks noona. I will just borrow a bathroom for a minute."

Sooyoung stopped him. "Then you should probably go upstairs to Jonghyun's room. Jinri is currently using the ones downstairs."

"Jinri?" Asked Minho. It was a huge surprise to know she was here as well and it enlightened him more when he heard some giggles from kitchen. He guess, not just Jinri alone but even their daughter was here. "Oh it's okay noona. I'll find a bathroom upstairs."

Sooyoung nodded and she walked away, disappeared into the kitchen. Knowing Jinri was there Minho had the sudden urge to talk to her so before he even thought about greeting everybody there, he pulled himself together and snuck into Mr. Choi's office which was right next to the bathroom. Once he heard the toilet flush and the door open, Minho waited until Jinri was walking past the office before he pulled her inside. They had a little talk and settled on him coming to see her tomorrow.

Minho left the office after Jinri and found her with Hannah in the hallway. So that was his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter