The cutest girl - Onew

Bed Time

That day you were so bored at work. The shop was desperately empty. You already had tidied up everything, washed the shelfs, washed the floor, the casher, there was nothing left to do. You were only drawing cute animals on a flying paper waiting for someone to brighten up your lonely day, until he entered in. 
The shop you were working in was a women clothes store, so seeing a man entered was a surprise. Well since Christmas was coming, maybe it was to make a present to his girlfriend. 
“Hello sir! Can I help you? – You asked all happy to finally have a customer. 
-I am looking for a cute, fluffy, warm scarf for the cutest girl, please. 
-I see, please follow me.”
That man must love his girlfriend very deeply you though while taking him in front of the scarf side. You showed him all the design, size and color. For whatever reason he looked at you letting a long silence settle.  Then he broke it. 
“Which one do you prefer? I am really bad at choosing for girl.”
This was a usual question but the way he said it was kind of strange. More, tastes are really personal and so what she would like could not be of his girlfriend taste. 
“Well I don’t know. What if it doesn’t fit your woman taste? – You tried to make him make a choice. 
-It’s ok, choose for me. –He closed the conversation.”
He turned tail and waited for you at the casher. You looked at him clueless, as only answer you got him gesture “go, make a choice”. You shrugged and chose the scarf that had the more success in the shop according to his requests. 
While coming back you saw that the man was writing a small note. 
“A message for the cutest girl? – You joked with him. 
-Exactly – He smiled.”
His smile was the prettiest you ever saw. So pretty that it erased everything you were doing and made you pause to look at him only. That cutest girl was the so lucky to see that smile a lot. 
He stopped smiling and looked at you with questions in his eyes. “Sorry” you simply said before going back to your job. 
“This is the warmest of all, right?
-Yes sir. She will be all warm inside.
-Ok perfect. How much?”
You told him the price and he gave you the right amount of money. Before leaving he looked at you again and smiled. For a second you really thought that this smile was for you, not for the politeness. Then seeing how he left made you rethink about it. 

You said goodbye and wished him a good day before he left. But when he passed the door you realized that he didn't have his bag. You grabbed it and tried to catch him up but too late he was already out of sight. 

You bite your lips and went back inside the shop. You were about to save the package somewhere for when that man would comeback for it when your eyes met the small note. You were curious what would this handsome man would say for his cutest girl. 

He wouldn't know if you read it anyway. So you took it from inside and started to read it. 

"To the cutest girl, 

Since last week, I got this job from the other side of the street. My office has a window that have a street view, a street view that makes me able to see the cutest girl on earth all day long. I see her smile, laugh, and work hard, getting scold and being bored. I see her drawing on a paper she will then throw away. Last morning I saw her coming to work with no scarf when it was freezing cold. So here, use this one cutest girl and don't get sick. 

Your smiles bright up my days.

Lee Jinki, the man next door."

Was this message for you? No, it couldn’t right? You put back the note in the package and waited all day for this Lee Jinki to come back. However he didn’t that day, and since the scarf was paid already, well, you took it for you.

Some days later, a cute pair of gloves was waiting in from of the shop door in a cute paper bag. On the bag, with the same pretty handwriting, “To the cutest girl” was written. So that scarf was really for you? How could you be the cutest girl? You were just a lonely, strange girl. You took the bag and entered.

While taking of your coat in the back shop you opened the little bag to see  the gloves better. They were of a really good quality and the colors matched the scarfs. While trying them on you found a note hidden in one glove.

“Hello cutest girl,

Your throat is now kept warm in your scarf but why don’t you have something for your hands? You know how cold this winter is planned by the meteorologist? I don’t want you to be sick so keep the gloves. I looked for some that match perfectly with your scarf.

I’ll keep looking after you.

Your smiles bright up my days.

Lee Jinki, the man next door.”

To be honest in was creepy but so cute. This man was buying you things even without knowing the weird you. You blushed a bit and put the gloves delicately in your case on your scarf.

You tried to see from where he could look at you all day. But the building in front of yours had too many windows, how to guess? It was impossible. So instead of being able to find him you took a blank sheet of white paper and wrote something on it with a red pen. Then you stuck it on the display window of the shop.

The next day, you took work only after noon so you didn’t expect anything from Lee Jinki. But when you reach the front door a cup of coffee named “the cutest girl” was waiting. You took it up not expecting it to be hot, but it was. You could feel it warmth from behind the gloves. He knew you would only take at 1pm.

On the cup with another handwriting than the barista, there was “I should be the one saying thank you ♥” written in red with the same style than your “thank you ♥ - Lili from yesterday.

It made you smile and look at your window. You bowed and mouth thank you, hoping that Lee Jinki would see it. During the whole rest of the week you would find cute gifts from him.

Then two week passed and no more news of your fan boy. You actually were sad a little to see no sweet attention in front of the door anymore. You spent your days looking at the building and being scold about it. Each time a man would cross the door, you would ran to him but, no, it was never Lee Jinki.

You were going to give up about it when the third week started. However on Tuesday morning when you came to work a huge package was waiting for “The cutest Lili”. Your heart skipped a beat. The word “girl” changed into your name and it was really amazing. It sounded amazing in your head. You took your package and entered the shop. This box was lighter than you thought and you were happy it was.

You went in the break room and unboxed your present. When you saw what was inside, it surprised you. What was this? You laughed with full lungs and even teared up. Lee Jinki was so cute. He was the cutest not you. In this huge box there was a huge giraffe soft toy going with a card saying “I fell in love with this giraffe like I fell in love with you ♥”. How weird was that. You grabbed the giraffe and looked at her.

“So you are like me? Loved by someone you barely know.” You told the softy. Then you hugged her, because this was true, this giraffe was so cute. It was all soft, and huggable.

This is when you saw a second letter, a bigger letter in the bottom of the box. You read it while hugging your present. It was an apology. Lee Jinki was saying sorry. He was sorry for being overbooked for the last two weeks. He was sorry for not contacting you. He was sorry for all the sad face you made while waiting for him. Because yes, he didn’t had time for small attentions but he was still looking at you from afar. At the end of the letter he wrote the kindest thing a man ever told you.

“The so small distance from my office to your shop is so big and it’s killing me. I want to see you face to face but I can’t. I want to take care of you by own but I can’t. I want to hug you but I can’t. I want to kiss you but I can’t. I want to be with you, I want to date you. I want to love you more and more every day. I want you.

But

Will you accept me?”

You were speechless. You couldn’t move anymore. This was so deep, so honest that it cut your smile and thoughts short. What should you do? You didn’t know. You were happy for all the cute attention. You really missed him when he was gone. No one ever talked about you that way. Yes, yes all was true but… But you saw him only once. You barely could remember his face, or the sound of his voice. You wanted to accept him but you couldn’t. His love was burning too much and you were scared to become ash if you were to be with him.

This day you spent the day avoiding the window. You didn’t want him to see your face. He shouldn’t see your facial expression because even you didn’t like it. When you left work you also hid your face into your scarf scared he could still be in his office looking for you going back home.

You were really lost and not even agreeing with your feels. You were the kind of people listening to their reason before their heart. In fact you really didn’t know him. You didn’t know what his job is. Was he really working there and not a stalker? How old was he? What he likes or hate, etc. You knew nothing about him and it was a problem at that moment.

But on another hand, he always has been a sweetie and took care of you. He looked after you with several cute attentions and it made you smile each time. You heart was warmer when he was there. You felt so alone and lost when he didn’t give sign of life. You even got worried that something happened to him.

You barely slept that night and the next morning was really hard.

You walked to work with the more exhausted face you never had and the worst headache. What will you answer seriously?

You weren’t looking in front of you because you were lost in your thought and you ended up bumping on someone. “I am sorry.” You said with a sleepy voice and bowed before heading to work again but that someone grabbed your arm.

“I said I am sorry. – You repeated yourself.

-Lili, I should be the one to be sorry. – The man voice said.

-Lili?”

You were surprised that someone you don’t know knew your name. You took your head off your scarf and looked up.

“If you don’t want to answer it’s okay. If you don’t want me it’s okay. But please don’t hide from me. Not seeing you at all is worse than not having you. I can understand if you can’t accept me. So please don’t hide.

-Don’t hide – You repeated again. You really weren’t at it today. Can’t accept. EH?”

You suddenly realized that the man in front of you was Lee Jinki and you froze. He was so handsome in front of you and you were miserable. He shined so much and you were so dark. How could he love you that much when you were is complete opposite?

“It’s not that I can’t accept you it’s just that … I know nothing about you. – You tried to find an excuse.

-I am Lee Jinki, 30 years old. I am an architect in the office of the third floor in the building in front of yours. I am new in this neighborhood but I am from this town. And I love animals, anatomy and astrology. I once dreamed of being a cosmonaut. What else…

-It’s okay, it’s okay. I’m sorry.”

He was just so ideal in your eyes. He was a real sun and for you, a small flower, it was too hot but you still wanted to taste what it’s like to be love by the sun.

“I can give you a chance.” You finally said still scared of what could happen.

When you just finished your word his face wore the brightest smile. The same smile you saw weeks ago. That same smile you found the most beautiful on earth. The smile that made your heart beat crazy. You were just there looking at him until he stopped smiling and grabbed you to hug you.

A very tight and warm hug. “I’ll see you tonight after work.” He just said before running inside.

Evening came fast and you reach him outside and he asked you for dinner. You accepted it and ate with him. After that he insisted in driving you back home. You were in front of your door and somehow you didn’t want it end.

You wondered if this was what they call love. Anyway you really were out of idea to have a talk but you both were still looking at each other. You were like waiting for time to go faster or slower. He saw that you didn’t want him to leave so he walked to you.

There were just few centimeters in between you but you weren’t bothered by it. You could see his eyes, nose, lips, cheeks and eyebrows better. He was so handsome. How could a man that handsome could have fell in love with an ordinary girl like you?

You felt his hands taking you by your hips to make you closer to him. You swallowed hardly when your noses touched each other. He leaned in front to let his forehead meet yours. “Can I?” he simply asked. You weren’t in condition to be able to speak so as answer you tip toed and let your lips met his.

One of his hands left your hips to hold your cheek. The kiss got deeper and soon his tongue was playing with yours. He was such a good kisser. He broke it to be able to breath. When his lips met yours a second time you felt a smile. You found that so cute.

This relation was going to be amazing.