Track 07

mellifluous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold Coffee // Ed Sheeran
Album: Songs I Wrote With Amy EP

She's like cold coffee in the morning/I'm drunk off last night’s whisky and coke/She'll make me shiver without warning/And make me laugh as if I'm in on the joke/And you can stay with me forever/Or you could stay with me for now/Tell me if I'm wrong/Tell me if I'm right/Tell me if you need a loving hand/To help you fall asleep tonight/Tell me if I know/Tell me if I do/Tell me how to fall in love the way you want me to/I'll wake with coffee in the morning/But she prefers two lumps of sugar and tea/Outside the day is up and calling/But I don't have to be so, please go back to sleep/Stay with me forever/Or you could stay with me for now/'Cause I love the way you wake me up/For goodness sake will my love not be enough?

POV: Mino and Irene
Genre: Fluff

(Warning: This one-shot is too fluffy or too cheesy, sorry lol)

-MINO POV-

My eyes shot open as a furry creature woke me up by lovingly scratching my face with his tiny paws. I smiled then looked at my right. Irene was smiling as well.

“Johnny-ah, you woke daddy up.” She caressed the cat lying down my chest. “Good morning love” she looked at me.

“Good morning.” I said in my husky morning voice.

Perfect. If I could describe my life right now it was perfect. I’m living together with the love of my life in the suburbs, in a quiet neighborhood, we had Johnny with us, our pet cat, so it was indeed perfect. Mornings are perfect, afternoons are perfect, and nights are perfect. I couldn’t ask for more, waking up and seeing Irene every morning is the best thing God can give me in this world.

Johnny hopped off the bed and went back to his bed, Irene then rolled over and laid on top of me. We stared in each other’s eyes, planting kisses here and there. She smelled nice as I whiff a smell off of her hair.

“Are you my second cat?”

“Maybe?” She smiled.

“A gorgeous cat.” I kissed her forehead. “I love you Irene.”

“I love you too.” She kissed my lips then stood up. I took the time admiring her from the bed. Her long, dark brown hair that has the perfect curls, her tiny frame that gets buried in my large frame every night, she turned around and looked at me with a eyes full of curiosity, as if asking me ‘what the hell do you want’ and I just shook my head and smiled. She smiled back, her smile that can lighten up the whole room, her eyes that can express all the feelings in the world, that speak beautiful words and her lips as red as rose. She was perfect and she was mine.

She tied her hair up in a bun and went out our room, probably to prepare breakfast. I also stood up from our bed and fixed myself a little. I went out of our room and took the morning paper in front of our porch. It was a Sunday, no work for the both of us, my favorite day, because on Sundays her time belongs to me only and to be honest I don’t like sharing her, with her ‘girlfriends’ or even with her family, yes I’m selfish like that. I went to the coffee table to begin reading the news, but she distracted me as always. I rested my chin in my hands and stared at her, being with her still feels surreal, a woman like her deserve nothing but the best and I still rack my brain every now and then on how did I make the cut.

She was frying eggs and bacon, wearing my white shirt and nothing but her underwear, she’s still perfect in my eyes. I stood up and hugged her from behind, I kissed her nape in which she replied with a giggle.

“Do you know how much I love you?”

“Yes, you tell me every day.” She laughed.

“How about, how much I feel lucky because I have the most beautiful lady staying with me?”

“Yes, you also tell me that every day.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” She sighed. “No matter how gross or cheesy you are, I must admit you make me giddy every time.” She laughed.

She turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me tenderly which sent shivers down my spine. It’s funny that even after how many years we are together she still has that effect on me, she’s my first love and she will be my last, and every action she does, every form of affection she gives me sends me to nirvana.

“Now let me finish our food cheeseball.” She playfully pushed me and I laughed. “Coffee’s ready in the machine.”

“I don’t need coffee, you’re my coffee every morning.” She laughed loud.

“Oh my God” she’s still laughing, her voice music to my ears. I’m the happiest when I make her happy and make her laugh. “Stop that and just get your coffee .”

I complied, I always loved coffee ever since I was a student, it energizes me and my morning will turn sour if I don’t have a cup of coffee to start it with. That’s why I always compare Irene to a cup of coffee, because seeing her first thing in the morning makes my day bright and it energizes me. I prepared my coffee and prepared her tea then went back to our breakfast table, now, being able to read the newspaper while waiting for the breakfast to be done.

After reading business statistics and stocks rising and declining my mind wandered on how we met. It was complicated, Irene’s ex-boyfriend before me was my boss and she always go out of his office crying and heartbroken. I became her knight and cheered her up, she loved that man so much that even though he was rude to her or cheats she can’t break up with him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter