Track 14

mellifluous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

하루 끝 // IU
Album: Spring of a 20 year old

Monday, Better day/처음처럼 설레이는 그런 날/Sunday, Better day/종일 너만 생각하는 그런 날/욕심이 나, 우리 사이 요만큼만 더 가까이/딱 한 발짝, 그만큼 더 가까이/혼잣말이, 속삭임이/너도 궁금할 순 있잖아/네가 좋아서 그래/나 차가운 척 표정 짓고 있지만/내 마음은 그게 아닌데 거짓말인데/바보 같은 네가 난 답답해/너무 좋아서 그래/나 시무룩한 얼굴하고 있지만/또 기다리다, 고민만 하다/흘러가는 하루 끝에서 하는 말/내가 널 사랑해/One day, Holiday/혼자 있긴 너무너무 싫은 날/One day, Cloudy day/울 것처럼 하늘도 찌푸린 날/눈물이 와, 서글픈/내 맘을 닮은 눈물이 와/꾹 참았다 쏟아지는/내 맘이 온 하늘에, 온 세상에/그저 슬픈 건 아닐 거야/내 입술엔 거짓말/내 눈 속엔 정말 하고픈 말/맘속에 숨어 있는 말/많이 좋아서 그래/뒤돌아서 느려진 발걸음을 봐/널 기다리는 맘인 거잖아/날 지켜본 너라면 알잖아/많이 좋아서 그래/뒤돌아서 느려진 발걸음을 봐/널 기다리는 맘인 거잖아/날 지켜본 너라면 알잖아/내가 몰라서 그래/네 마음이 들리게 내게 말해줘/손 내밀면, 될 것 같은데/망설이는 이유가 나와 같다면/이제 다가와 줘

POV: Irene
Genre: Drama, Romance, Fluff

Sunday

It’s the day I can’t help but think about him all day. It’s the day where I look forward for tomorrow. I usually go to my grandparents during weekends and despite being busy tending to my old grandma I still can’t stop thinking about him. It annoys me a lot that Sundays are the longest day of my life because Mondays comes after.

No matter how much he disappoints me, I always look forward to my meetings with him. No matter how much he annoys me he still can make a gloomy day bright and sunny. He’s not my boyfriend, but he’s not just a friend as well. It’s frustrating on how we act so sweet and how we act so lovely but I still can’t say those three words to him. Why? Why? Why? I kept on racking my brain why I can’t, maybe no matter how much I enjoy his company I’m still scared of the idea of him leaving me.

“Where’s the young man you brought here the other day?” My grandma asked.

They live seaside, my grandma loves the sea and me. It was her two favorite things.

“That was a long time ago gran.”

“He’s handsome.”

I brought him here and it brought happiness to her, she already has a bad case of dementia but she’s usually a happy old woman. I’m surprised she can actually remember him, I brought him here once and it never happened again. Unfortunately he was too busy during weekends.

“Aren’t you two getting married?”

She asked that as well when he was here. During that time we were feeding her oranges and I stared at him while my grandma pop that silly question.

‘Should I?’ his eyes twinkled and he has a broad smile in his face. ‘I’ll marry her in a heartbeat if only she’ll let me granny.’

His answer got me. He’ll marry me, he loves me. I know that, he tells me every day, yet I kept denying and I kept evading every time he asks me or declares his love for me.

‘I love you’

‘Thank you.’ I kept my face straight while uttering those stupid words as if I don’t love him back. Despite that he’s still stupid to stick with me and he’s still stupid enough to say those beautiful words to me every single time he can. He listen to me whine, he feeds me what I want when I’m on my period.

He was there when I was so depressed I tried to kill myself. He loved me during my worse, when I hated myself, when I thought no one could love me, he did. He cried for me, he told me it was going to be okay. Yet, I kept on a stoic face and coldly say thank you when he says he loves me.

“Would you be happy when we get married gran?”

“Anything that can make you happy will make me happy.” She smiled softly while looking towards the sea.

“Marrying him will make me happy? How did you know that?” I asked, I was actually curious.

“I can tell…” She said while cupping my face. “You grew up as a very lonely kid, your parents always away, you have no friends because you have a strange personality. You never smiled, when you became a young fine teenager everyone hated you because you’re pretty.” She my hair.

It was true. I grew up alone, I never had friends. Everyone thought I was weird and the girls hated me for having this face. Boys only wanted to get close to me because they want to take me to bed. The world disgusts me, I hated everyone, even my parents.

“You never brought friends here…” She continued. “So it surprised me that you brought a fine young man here, and for the first time, I saw you smile.”

“I was?”

“You were staring at him and smiling. I felt very happy because my baby is finally happy, I feel accomplished because I didn’t die never seeing those beautiful fine lines of yours.” She touched my cheeks.

It’s true, when I’m with him, I can’t help but smile and look like an idiot. Especially when he catch me off guard, and I hated that. I’m the type of person who will say that it’s a bad day even though the sky is blue and birds are chirping but with him even grey skies looks bright and thunder could be a beautiful music to my ears.

“He’s the one, Joohyun-ah.”

I sighed and hugged her. It was time to go, I need to catch the train to go back to Seoul.

“I’ll come back here next week gran, gramps.” I told to the old couple and wave.

“I hope you can come with him.” My grandma said cheerfully.

I chuckled and went my way. Lost in my thoughts, of him, of course.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

Monday

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter