Track 11

mellifluous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wipe Your Eyes // Maroon 5
Album: Overexposed

I'm afraid that I gotta do what I gotta do/But if I let you go/where you gonna go?/We gotta make a change/time to turn the page/Something isn't right/I don't wanna fight you/We've been through tougher times/you know it gets worse/We can turn this around/please let me be first/And as I feel your tears spilling on my shirt/Something isn't right/I don't wanna fight you/Hey you/come over and let me embrace you/I know that I'm causing you pain too/But remember if you need to cry/I'm here to wipe your eyes/Tonight before you fall asleep/I run my thumb across your cheek /I know I made you feel this way/You gotta breathe, we'll be okay/Cry 'cause I'm here to wipe your eyes/When did we cross the line?/How could we forget?/Why do we let the pressure get into our heads?/Your broken heart requires all of my attention/'cause something isn't right/I don't wanna fight you/Please don't lose your faith/Don't worry 'cause I'm here to keep you safe/I promise if you let me see your face/That I won't let you down/I won't let you down/I'm here to wipe your eyes.

Genre: Drama, Romance, Fluff
POV: No one

“Irene, seriously the two of you need to talk about this.” Seulgi said as she took a sip of her tea. “The day doesn’t always have to end with your eyes swollen and him sleeping in the couch, clueless.”

“I don’t want to disappoint him.”

“You won’t.”

Irene looked at the cup of hot chocolate in her hand. They were at Seulgi’s place, her bestfriend. They always talk about serious stuff and most especially their married life.

“You guys are now married happily, this he will understand.”

“I don’t.” Irene bowed her head and sobbed. “Why me? Why us?”

“There, there.”

“He deserves a family, and I’m a useless woman who can’t conceive.”

“Hey, a woman isn’t defined on whether she can or she can’t conceive.” Seulgi stood up and hugged her best friend. “He loves you and it’s not your fault that you’re not capable, and the doctor never said it’s impossible, he said it’ll be hard.”

“But we’ve been trying, almost every night, and I just. I can’t… he’s eager to have a family with me. And I am failing him.”

“You’ve got to tell him. Irene, he’s your husband.”

Irene heaved a sigh and rested her face in her palms. She stood up and hugged Seulgi, she said she has to go home and prepare for her husband’s dinner. She also bid goodbye to Seulgi’s husband, Seunghoon and little son, Daehan.

“Have a good night!” Said the architect, while his head buried in his blueprints. “Tell Mino, I said hi!”

Irene and Seulgi grew up together, they married the man of their dreams the same time. Seulgi married Seunghoon, they were in the same art classes together, and they ended up to be each other’s artworks. The first time they tried to have a baby, they succeeded and Seulgi delivered a healthy boy, named Daehan, he was a spitting image of his father.

Irene on the other hand married a lawyer, just like herself, Mino was a young lawyer, they both worked for his father’s firm, now owned and run by them, and since they were the only young lawyers around, they sometimes sneak behind the building and talk behind the grumpy, old clients as well as their superiors, they clicked and eventually fell in love. Both the couple are in their 5th year in marriage, both are happy with each other, both are faithful, the only difference is Mino and Irene’s home doesn’t have a little kid running around just yet.

Lately Mino’s desire to have a ‘little sport’ or ‘little princess’ running around their huge house has been vocal compared to then. They always try every time Irene was ovulating but the stick always comes out negative. Mino being the goofy, positive and kind husband just says, ‘ha, let’s try again next month then’, almost a year of trying Irene decided to check whether there was a problem for the both of them. She opted to do the tests first, secretly and unfortunately she has a problem in her ovum and conceiving will be like beating the odds, but just like what Seulgi said it’s not impossible, rather it’s almost impossible. In Irene’s case, being a pessimist, her world crashes down. She failed Mino, and she failed herself. Her dreams of having a kid was crushed.

She always cried, and always lock Mino out of their room, it’s been weeks and she just tells him that she just doesn’t feel good or she fell asleep waiting for him and she forgot she locked the door. The truth is she just cry her eyes out and she just doesn’t want Mino to see it. She knows Mino too much, he’ll blame himself if he sees her devastated, and she doesn’t want that to happen.

She arrived home and to her surprise Mino was already home. He was holding and petting their cat, Johnny. She’s a girl, and to Irene’s curiousness she doesn’t know why Mino would name a lady Johnny. She lets him anyways and just laugh about how adorable her husband is.

“You early today?” She hugged him and kissed his cheeks.

“Fortunately, yes. Went to Seulgi’s?”

“Yes.”

“How’s little Daehan?” Irene felt a pang in her chest.

“Growing up fine.” She managed to smile. “I’m going to cook us dinner.” She gave a quick peck to her husband’s cheek and went to their kitchen. Mino followed along and just stared at her while she prepare the ingredients. She looked at his way and chuckled.

“What?”

“Nothing, I’m thinking how lucky I am to have you as my wife.”

“Shut up.”

“I’m not going to shut up on how perfect my wife is.”

“I’m not perfect Mino.”

“Sure you are.” He said and Irene felt guilty but continued cutting the vegetables. “I love you baby.”

Mino hugged her from behind, and she can’t help it anymore. Tears starting to pour down her face, Mino tensed when he felt her sobbing.

“Wait, why?” He turned her around and let her face him. “Is there something wrong?”

Irene just continued sobbing.

“Do you want me to work from home?” He run his thumb across her cheek. “I can do that.”

Irene hugged her and his suit was soaked in her tears.

“Do you feel lonely baby?”

“I’m sorry.” She murmured.

“What?” He cupped her face and made her look in his eyes. “Sorry for what?”

“I went to the doctor, and he said it’s almost impossible for me to have baby and I kept it from you. I just… I didn’t know how to tell you. I know it’ll break your heart.”

Mino was quiet for a while, staring at her eyes and wiping away her tears.

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter