Track 01

mellifluous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stutter // Maroon 5
Album: Hands All Over

This time I really need to do things right/Shivers that you give me keep me freezing all night/You make me shudder/I can't believe it, I'm not myself/Suddenly I'm thinkin' about no one else/You make me shudder/I really need to know/Or else you gotta let me go/You're just a fantasy girl/It's an impossible world/All I want is to be with you always/I give you everything/Pay some attention to me/All I want is just you and me always/Give me affection/I need your perfection/Cause you feel so good/You make me stutter/If I could touch you, I'd never let go/Now you got me screaming and I cannot shut up/Now I am lying on the bedroom floor barely even speaking/And I cannot get up, get /You knock me down, I can't get up, I'm stuck/Gotta stop shaking me up/I can't eat, can't sleep, can't think/Sinking under, I'm sinking under.

POV: Mino
Genre: Fluff, Comedy
Setting: High school

Dark brown hair that falls perfectly in her back, eyes as round and luminescent as the moon and a smile that can capture everyone including me, in fact all I do nowadays is picture her face and memorize every crease and line it shows, every expression it makes.

Every of my pencil aim for perfection as Bae Joohyun or more known in school as Irene. No matter how good of an artist I am I never give justice to someone like her, no one can copy the elegance her face exudes. I really like her but truth is I never really get to talk to her, there is this one time she looked in our direction because my best friend Pyo Jihoon was causing a huge ruckus in the school cafeteria, maybe I should pick carefully of the people I hang out with. That’s about it, that’s the most we had as an interaction and probably be the only one, she just looked at me, our eyes met and she giggled oh so cutely because of how much of a loser we are, I am.

As the final for my sketch of her ended I wrote a short poem and folded it prettily. I excused myself to go out and go to the restroom, at least that’s what I said, but truth is I’m just going to put it in her locker. I always do it during class so that no one will see me, I mean it’s a perfect plan, everyone is in their classroom, busy taking down notes or sleeping, then I tell my teacher that I need to go to the rest room, and carefully slide my drawing slash love letter to her locker then go back to class as if nothing happened.

“Wow another one of those loser drawings”

I overheard Wendy, Irene’s best friend, saying spitefully towards my drawing full of love and effort.

“Hey, don’t be so mean.” Irene smiled. “The guy has talent, he’s an artist, he can definitely draw and write.” She said all the while and still admiring the drawing with eyes that twinkle like the stars. She has the sweetest gaze ever I thought I’ll have a heart attack.

“Well fine he has talent but whoever did that is still a wuss.” Wendy scoffed. “I mean why can’t you just man up and write your name on your confession letter. Like literally it’s your 12th this school year. Seriously, not to mention you also receive this type of things since last school year.”

Irene shrugged. “It’s adorable.”

“Nah dude, it’s freaking creepy. That guy must be watching you 24/7. What if he watches you sleep?”

“Now that is ridiculous.”

“No dude, it’s possible, I mean he literally says that you are his fantasy. How creepy is that?”

Irene just laughed and shook her head. I swear to God she’s a Goddess, she’s the most beautiful creature in the entire univer…

“Look at you staring.” A voice annoyingly cut off my train of thought

“What?” I said in the most stupid tone there is, I almost punched myself in the face for being so uncool in front of my ultimate crush.

“Are you the one who gives these drawings to my best friend?” Wendy looked at me with the most annoying squinted, judging eyes. Lucky for her, my mom told me that it’s unforgiveable to harm a girl if you’re a guy, but that’s what I want to do right now, poke her in her annoying eyes.

“Uhh, mm, uhh I… Ahh...” Great, wow, I would like to applaud myself for speaking such intelligent language no one has ever heard before.

“Wendy, stop tripping. He’s not staring, he’s zoning out because maybe something’s just bothering him.” Irene smiled at me, I can’t believe it, she smiled at me, I swear I can die happily now. “I’m sorry if my friend is bothering you…” she looked and read my nameplate cutely.

“Song Minho-ssi.” She smiled at me again and I swear I almost told her ‘I love you’ but I just let out an unintelligent sound or squeak whatever was that and she giggled, I don’t know if I should be sad or glad that I made her smile.

She then walked away backwards looking at my direction, while literally dragging Wendy with her and waving at me “See you on Monday.” She said and luckily I was able to wave back as normal as I can without making myself look more stupid than I already am.

“Who you’re waving to man?”

Apparently I was still waving even though there was no trace of Irene anymore. Embarrassed I just scratched my nape and walked away.

“Hey man, hey! Wait up!” I heard Jihoon call out, but I was so happy that I did not bother to look behind and just continued walking with the biggest smile on my face. Finally she took notice of me, though not in the most suave way, but still, she smiled at me, she waved at me, she told me ‘see you on Monday’, she said my name.

When I entered high school, girls actually thought that I’m handsome and hot, no kidding, but then when I started talking, everyone says that I’m just a big derp who can be everyone’s friend, so from a hottie to a class clown immediately. My circle of friends did not help, Pyo Jihoon was my bestfriend, the neighborhood pabo who does nothing but stupid things, Lee Seunghoon was also a friend who can make people laugh without even opening his mouth, Oh Hyuk who never opens his mouth, and other bunch of weird kids, so with that I’m just known as one of the ‘weird’ kids, and my confidence in girls kinda plummeted down.

Especially when you’re crushing hard on someone like Irene, she’s the most beautiful and kindest person on our school, she’s smart as well, and she has the most adorable laugh on earth. We’re not on the same class though, because she’s in the best section, I was just somewhere in the middle. Hey, I’m not stupid okay? I’m just average. Anyways, I always wanted to talk to her but she seem so busy and I’m scared of rejection. Yes that’s it, fear of rejection because no matter how much I rack my brain I know she’ll reject me.

“You wouldn’t know unless you try man.” The only intelligent thing Jihoon said in his entire life. True, but I’m still a and continued on this one-sided love journey for a year and a half.

One year and a half of sleepless nights because her face keeps on flashing in my mind. My friends told me that I can scare her away because I’m being so obsessed over her, which is creepy according to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter