01. Prologue.

Blind Love.

"Where are you, Kyungsoo?"

"Why haven't you texted me back?"

"Kyungsoo, how do I talk to you? It's been so long. I miss you."

 

Kyungsoo stared at his phone, frowning at the text message. It was from none other than his first love, Kim Minseok. The idiot who found someone else to run off to, leaving the small male with a pain in his chest and a broken heart.

 

All that was going through his head was, 'lie, lie, lie, lie. Why are you lying to me, Minseok?'

 

The other hasn't texted him in a week, and when he does, its because he has no one else to talk to or he's just talking to Kyungsoo cause he wants to. It never lasts long though, which is why it hurt.

 

He was in love. He swore they both were, that was until Minseok stopped giving him all of his attention, making him his very own back up plan. That's when Kyungsoo knew things were never going to be the same.

 

He would always be texted last when Minseok would be going out or having a performance, being invited last to events as well. Kyungsoo would even be forgotten sometimes; leaving him to wonder if he was even important to the other anymore. He stopped messaging Minseok first because the conversations would just die out anyways.

 

He really thought he could live with Minseok being happy with his new love interest and his new best friend, but he couldn't. It all hurt too much and he couldn't bear the aching pain in his heart after so many months of watching.

 

So he gave up.

 

All the empty promises he made with Minseok, he had to forget them and let it go.

He would. He tried.

 

 


 

 

"I can't believe you brought me here." Kyungsoo groaned. His best friend had just dragged him into a tall building, covered in pink paint from head to toe. This building wasn't just any building. Oh no. It was a building famous for bringing two people together; matching 'soulmates'. A matchmaking service, you could say. Inamorato ?

 

Kyungsoo had believed in soulmates once. He and Minseok swore they were soulmates, but it looks like that wasn't true apparently. Not that it matters, because Chanyeol was going to do whatever he had to do to make Kyungsoo fall out of love with that , Kim Minseok.

 

He wasn't going to force his best friend in the whole entire world to do this sort of thing, but he really wanted him to at least try. Chanyeol just wanted to at least distract Kyungsoo from that ing idiot.

 

"Chanyeol hyung, this is stupid." He slumped into his seat as they were in the waiting room.

The said man pouted out his lips and crossed his arms.

 

"I'll have you know that I met Baekhyun here." He said proudly, his nose stuck up into the air.

 

"Yeah, yeah." Kyungsoo mumbled, shifting into the uncomfortable leather seat.

 

Eyes roaming around the sickening pink room, he started to notice the different kinds of people in the waiting room as well. There were ones who looked just like him: bored, heartbroken, forced. Then there were also girls with hopeful looks in her eyes; desperate, pathetic. There were the boys who looked just like the girls, wanting to get their hands on anything that breathed or had a heartbeat as well.

 

Being in Korea, there weren't much openly gay people because it was definitely frowned upon. The difference in this building was that it was all accepted. When Chanyeol had told Kyungsoo that, and that they pair up the same as well; he couldn't lie and say he wasn't shocked. That was possibly one of the only reasons why Kyungsoo had agreed to come along: they accepted same- relationships because love is love. That's how Chanyeol had met his current boyfriend.

 

How this whole dating system worked was that you were supposed to apply, signing all these papers with a bunch of useless information to be paired with your 'soulmate'. Then they make you wait in a waiting room for hours and hours, later leading you to a room with your partner in there after your name is called.

He didn't believe in this mumbo jumbo and doubted it would affect him, but he decided to humor Chanyeol anyways.

 

About an hour later, Kyungsoo's name was called. Chanyeol smacked his shoulder harshly, causing him to jolt from his sleep.

 

"Go, go, go!" He said excitedly. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes while he yawned. "I am, I am." He sighed. "Now go home and I'll tell you about this horrible experience at home."

 

Kyungsoo was led into an elevator, one of the staff members stepping in with him. The petite woman pressed the button with the number '43' on it. He guessed it was the floor he would be going to.

He was correct as the small woman finally started talking to him. She introduced herself as Luna.

 

Kyungsoo definitely got bad vibes from this chick, as she was smiling so widely, you could see her gums. Not only that, her voice was high pitched and overly excited. Every word ended with a squeak and her smile never faltered.

 

"So, Kyungsoo-ssi. . . This is what will be happening once we reach your floor." She began to speak, flipping through pages on the clipboard in her hands. "You will be arriving on floor 43. Since today is really jam packed, I won't be able to you to your room, but I think a handsome man like you has the brains to find his room by himself." Luna giggled quite annoyingly, making Kyungsoo cringe. She didn't notice, thankfully.

 

"This is your key," she pulled out a card key from her pocket and handed it over to him. "And your 'soulmate' will already be in there. I assume he would be sitting at the dining table, waiting for you." She nodded, going back to the pages. "Ah, yeah. It says here that he will be there."

 

'What kind of place is this. . . ' He questioned inside his head. It didn't make much sense to him as to why they would even put that on paper, but whatever makes this place successful, he couldn't complain.

 

"Oh! We're here!" Luna jumped in place excitedly, clutching the clipboard closer to her chest. "Aren't you excited, Kyungsoo-ssi? You're one step closer to your soulmate." She made it sound so special and exciting, but that didn't phase Kyungsoo.

 

"Hooray." He said with a monotone voice, stepping out of the elevator.

"Now off you go!" She smiled, bowing her head. "I hope you enjoy your time! Oh-- and the room you should be going to is B-1004. Good luck!" Luna giggled before the elevator door shut closed.

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh of relief and wiped the invisible bead of sweat on his forehead. "Thank god she's gone." He said, beginning to walk down the walls. Anymore of her and he would have tried to smash his head against the elevator wall hard enough.

 

He didn't know whether it was because he was overwhelmed with the excitement Luna was giving off, or because he skipped breakfast that morning, but the walls of the long hallway started to make him sick. They were all covered in a disgusting hot pink, sappy love quotes, and cheesy drawings of stick figures holding hands. He may have been imagining it, but his eyes were beginning to burn.

 

Turning his attention away from the eye-catching walls, he began to look at the numbers on the white painted doors.

 

'B-1000, B-1001, B-1002, B-1003. . . '

 

B-1004.
 

This was the room with his so-called 'soulmate' in it.

 

Kyungsoo didn't know why his palms felt sweaty and he felt hot in his thin t-shirt as he lifted his card key closer to the slot.

 

"This is so stupid." He muttered, putting his hand back down and wiping his palms after sliding the card into the pocket of his jeans. He thought of turning back and just leaving the building, telling Chanyeol that they couldn't find a pair for him, but that would have sounded ridiculous. Not only that, but he began to think of the person on the other side of this door. This man could have been waiting forever for this moment, possibly believing in such a thing as a soulmate. It wouldn't have been fair to the other man if he just decided to leave right there.

 

Maybe that was what made him pull out the card key again , shakily pushing it into the slot; a loud woosh sound filling the quiet hallway.

 

The door opened and the view to the dining room was clear.

 

The man was faced away from the door, sitting in a chair. The only thing Kyungsoo could see was the male’s dark hair, styled in a fashionable way. Kyungsoo didn’t want to observe too much, nor did he want to assume too much.

 

Gulping quite audibly, Kyungsoo cleared his throat and tried to casually slide into the seat right in front of the other. “Hello…” He greeted quietly. “I’m… your partner. I am Do Kyungsoo.”

 

Flickering his gaze up towards the other, he’s almost frozen in his place as he’s completely mesmerized by the sight in front of him. His partner not only looked handsome in his seat, but he had a special feature about him.

 

His eyes. They were gleaming silver.

 

“Hey.” The stranger greeted with a slightly deeper voice than Kyungsoo’s.

 

“I’m Kim Jongin. I’m your soulmate.”