Crowd Control

改變 // Change

Crowd Control

 
 

 

"OH MY GOD ISN'T THAT KAI FROM EXO HOLY-"

"Yes, it is, Kyungsoo. Calm yourself down and stop being an embarrassment." Chanyeol groaned as his best friend continued fawning over his favorite idol from a distance. 

Now, don't get me wrong. Kyungsoo was Kai's biggest fan, and he definitely wanted to see him up close, but there were just a few problems. FIrstly, Kyungsoo is too shy. The boy can't even get a 'hi' across without stuttering when talking to strangers. Secondly, he was too kind. Fans always had to be a little rough and push their way through the crowd to get closer to their idols. Kyungsoo was too nice to actually shove anyone without muttering apologies at least a hundred times. Lastly, Kyungsoo was highly claustrophobic. He felt like he couldn't breathe in tight and enclosed areas, meaning mosh pits or crowds of fans were a huge no-no for him. This made him unable to see his favorite Kai face to face without fainting (literally).

Chanyeol always felt bad for the little boy, as he was too nice and deserved the whole world. Although Chanyeol felt some sort of embarrassment while Kyungsoo had his fanboy moments, it still warmed his heart, and he thus made it his mission to take Kyungsoo to every fanmeet and concert, and protect him from crazy fans who might hurt his poor friend.

Suddenly, Kai was headed towards Kyungsoo's direction due to the carpark being behind him. A wave of fans pulsed through, and soon enough, Kyungsoo's head was reeling from the sudden lack of space, and Chanyeol lost him in the crowd.

"KYUNGSOO! WHERE ARE YOU?"

Chanyeol ducked down instinctively, knowing that Kyungsoo always huddled up in a ball when he was scared. But this time, someone else was there to save him.

"Are you okay?"

"EVERYONE! LET UP AND GIVE HIM SOME SPACE!"

Kyungsoo slowly opened his eyes, and struggled to breathe. Habitually, he muttered out without looking up, "Thanks, Chanyeol."

The blonde kneeling in front of him chuckled. "I believe my name is Kai."

 

Alarmed, Kyungsoo whipped his head up, and came face-to-face with his idol. Oh God.

"I-I-H-Hello." "Hello to you, too."

"Kyungsoo are you okay? Thanks Kai!" Chanyeol panted as he sprinted towards them. Kyungsoo blushed, and immediately hid behind Chanyeol's tall frame. 

"Is your friend okay? He seems traumatized."

"He's definitely okay after seeing you."

Kai's eyes widened, and he broke into a lopsided smile. Whispering to his manager, he got 2 backstage passes and slipped it into Kyungsoo's hands, who immediately refused.

"A-Ah! N-no I can-can't take this i-it's too exp-expensive a-and other people might wa-want it too....."

 

Brushing past the wide-eyed boy to get to his car, Kai whispered, "See you then, my number one fan."

 
Author's Notes

Thanks for reading! It was based on my real-life experiences with claustrophobia.

0Y0Lz4y.gif