Chapter 4

❣ Key To My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days passed slowly, but long not fast enough for you. Though you had thought that they’d forget about you soon and they’d leave you alone, you had clearly been wrong to think that. Because even though almost a whole week had passed ever since you had turned Chanyeol down and you had decided to stand up for Baekhyun, people were still picking on you. It almost seemed as if Chanyeol had just given the start sign and eventually everyone was going along with his bullying. People no longer wanted you to sit next to them in class and always pushed you back until you were at the back corner of the room. Even your best friend Hana hadn’t spoken to you anymore ever since that day, but you couldn’t blame her for that, otherwise she’d have the same faith as you. Students would call you by names if you walked past them in the hallway or would point their finger at you and then start laughing. 

 

 

The only person you still had to hold yourself up to was Baekhyun, who was still supporting you. Since you were both going through the same thing right now it almost felt as if the two of you were bounded by faith. He always told you that you shouldn’t take it personally and that eventually people would cool down and would let things slip. But you had no idea how long you’d still be able to handle this before you’d finally break. The insults that they were throwing into your direction were horrible and you had never felt this hated in your entire life. You had had to stop the athletic club because they no longer wanted you there and the only thing people in the side lines did was scolding you. Every day you felt your self-confidence disappear more and more, knowing that you were slowly falling into a black hole. Of course you knew you shouldn’t believe the things people said to you, but after they called you ugly, fat and dumb for so many times, it was really hard to still think otherwise. 

 

 

You had the feeling you were about to go crazy as you were writing down the words in your notebook, trying to make sense out of the letters playing in front of your eyes. Everything seemed to be so blurry and it seemed as if you were in a daze, but it wasn’t a good one. The room around you seemed to disappear and and the only noises you could hear was coming from your pen crawling over the paper. You didn’t even notice that someone who was sitting across of you was staring at you with a worried frown on his face. “Hey.” Baekhyun grabbed your hand and kept it still above your paper, making your pen make a big line all over your sheet. Your eyes widened before you squeezed them together in anger, knowing he had just ruined your homework. Though, you didn’t pull away, actually you were quite happy he had finally stopped you from writing, your hand was cramped. “You have to breath okay, I can seriously feel the heat coming from you.” He was right, you were so angry right now that you could feel your cheeks getting hot. 

 

 

When you looked up at him his look was gentle and supportive as always, you knew that he was only trying to help you. But you had come to  point that you suddenly didn’t care anymore and you roughly pulled your hand away from his, feeling how your skin tingled where he had touched you. “I am breathing! Although I know there are people who rather wouldn’t have that.” You threw your pen down on the table and shoved back your chair, deciding this was the perfect moment for you to get some distraction and go look for the second book you needed to finish your homework. You walked between the bookshelves and stared at the covers of the books, without actually seeing anything. Of course you should have known that he would never let you go off while you were that upset and that he’d come after you. But still when you felt a hand on your shoulder, you were surprised. With a loud gasp you turned around and with that shook his hand off of you, making it hand back to his side. 

 

 

“Maybe you should stay home for a few days, this thing seriously got to you.” You couldn’t believe he was saying that like that, as if it wasn’t normal and it wasn’t supposed to happen. In a wild movement you lifted your arms before dropping them again, but not once did Baekhyun flinch at your movement, he knew that you would never hurt him. “Oh, so it is that wrong from me that it hurts me to hear what other people are saying about me? I don’t know but isn’t it kind of normal to mind that other people are talking trash about you, right into your face? This morning, this girl who I had never seen before, she called me a . How the hell did I become a over the past few days?! i didn’t do anything wrong? The only thing I did was confess honestly about my feelings because I didn’t want to fool myself and the other person and this is what I get? The only thing I did was helping someone who didn’t deserve to be treated badly and this it what happens?” You could feel that you were getting to the point of crying so you quickly turned your back at him, not wanting him to see you break down like this. You didn’t want him to feel bad or guilty because all of this was happening to you so for most of the times you had kept your feelings in, but now it was seriously getting too much. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter