Chapter 1

❣ Key To My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t understand. he’s hot, why don’t you want to go out with him?” Hana said and you looked at her out of the corner of your eye. She was your best friend and had almost grown up with you, how could she not know that you would never go for a guy like him. Yes, he was insanely good looking and it seemed as if all the people in this school wanted to date him, but you couldn’t see yourself going out with him. You weren’t the kind of girl that he wanted to be seen with, you weren’t his type. Not that you were a nerd or something you surely weren’t someone who had gone unnoticed for the past few years. You were part of the athletic team and you had already won some prices for your school, which made that many people knew you from that. You were outgoing, but not a social butterfly which meant that you weren’t someone who was sitting at the lunch table with the popular people. No, you had your own group of friends who were really important to you and who meant a lot to you. You also couldn’t imagine belonging elsewhere, you were happy with the way things were. 

 

 

But you also knew that if you’d start dating Chanyeol that things would change forever and that he would you into a whole different world. Then there would be other people who would notice you and you knew how harsh those popular girls could be. They all had that perfect sense of fashion and that perfect styled hair, but you weren’t someone who was making a lot of time for that. With a little bit of foundation and a bit of mascara your face should be covered for the rest of the day, you weren’t interested in those kind of things. But what if that was what he expected from you, what if he wanted you to change for him? You were never going to be able to pretend as if you were one of them and you also didn’t want to. The both of you stared in the direction of the group which was standing close to the entrance of the school building. The gathered there every morning so that they could all go in together, for some reason they always seemed much more spectacular if they were all together. 

 

 

When Chanyeol looked your was you quickly looked away and pretended as if you were watching someone that interested you much more than him. The last thing you wanted was to make him think that you returned his feelings and that you were willing to date him. You knew that once you’d get in it that it’d be very hard to get out again. Chanyeol was a good guy, he had always been nice and friendly to you but you had never really looked at him the way he apparently looked at you and you felt kind of guilty or that. He liked you and the thought that you had to turn him down made you feel really bad, you didn’t want to hurt his feelings in that kind of way but you knew it was the only option for you. Your friends would call you crazy for turning someone like him down and they would even call you insane if you’d tell them the reason why. Because no matter how great Chanyeol was, you just knew he wasn’t the one you were looking for. There was one guy on this planet who could make you turn into the happiest girl on the earth, but that wasn’t him. 

 

 

Hana looked back at you and was quick to notice your reaction and to figure out your facial expressions. “But you don’t like him do you?” She asked and you looked back at her with a guilty look inside of your eyes. If you didn’t like him then why did this make you feel so bad, then why did this bother you this much? You guessed you just always wanted to be the good person, the one who’d always think about others their feelings and who didn’t want to be the bad guy. But in this kind of situation that was the only thing for you to do, yo didn’t have another choice. There was no way you’d change your thoughts, Chanyeol wasn’t your type and you didn’t like him, no matter how hard you tried. Giving it time, like the others had given you as advice, wasn’t going to help as well, you didn’t have those feelings now and you weren’t ever going to get them. “Then who do you like? I don’t understand, you’ve been single for such a long time. If you don’t like someone like Chanyeol then who do you like?” Hana asked and you studied her face. That was a question you had already asked yourself over a million times, but you still hadn’t found the answer. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter