Chapter 3

❣ Key To My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he had told you yesterday that you had to give it time and that people would forget little by little you had been stupid enough to believe him. Of course you should have known better, at your school it never passed just like that. When you walked through the halls the next day everyone seemed to give you strange looks and they all seemed to be silently laughing at you, they were giving you those grimaces that made you want to turn around and run out of the building again. But you kept your head up and just walked through until you reached your mocker, but the sight of it made you stiffen on your spot. Someone had spread a word all over your locker door with some kind of black pin and you couldn’t look past it. Even if you’d be standing on the other end of the hall you’d still be able to read it and the word was now burned onto your eyelids. A heavy breath left your lips as the words replayed in your mind, ‘Nerd er…’ First of all, Baekhyun was not just a nerd and second of all, you hadn’t ed anyone…

 

 

In a smooth movement you turned around and looked around, seeing how people were all snickering at you as they saw your reaction. It made you feel so angry, but you knew better than to let it out right now, that would only make things worse. Was this what you got for helping someone innocent? With one strong pull you opened your locker door and began to push all your book sin, trying to ignore the tears that were burning at the back of your eyes. The person who had done this was so low, this was so cowardly that you didn’t even want to know who had done it, he wasn’t worth your time or your anger. Without looking at any of the people who were in the corridor with you, you walked towards your next class room and told yourself that you were better than this. You weren’t going to let this bring you down and you weren’t going to let it seem as if this hit you, because then they’d only get even more drifted to go on with this. If you’d pretend like you didn’t care then eventually they’d get bored of you and they’d let you go. 

 

 

But deep inside your heart was clenching by all those eyes that seemed to judge you from afar for something that you hadn’t do. Before you used to be liked by all of those people, but now they all seemed as if they were disgusted of you, and it hurt you. As you arrived at the classroom you were glad to see that it was almost empty and you took place on your spot next to the window. There wouldn’t be a lot of this class that would be stuck in your mind, there was no way you’d be able to concentrate after everything that had happened. You had only been at school for a few minutes and it was already starting to go wrong, the only thing you could hope for was that this day couldn’t get any worse. You were grabbing your note book when the others stormed into the room, having to hurry to get towards their seats. You pretended as if you were busy with other things and tried not to catch any attention. So this was how Baekhyun always felt, that he had to stay into the background so others wouldn’t pick on him. Now you were feeling exactly the same way and you had only been handling it for a few minutes, he had been for his whole high school years. 

 

 

Just when you thought that everything was calming down and everyone had found their ways to their chairs, Chanyeol appeared in front of your desk. You blinked your eyes at him, surprised that he was coming up to you just like that without any glimpse of shame on his face for what he had done to you. No, he just had that idiotic smile on his face that made him seem as if he was unbreakable and as if nothing could hit him. His self-confidence made the hate boil inside of you and you believed that if you wanted, you could hit him, but you weren’t going to lower yourself to his level. “So, how was it?” He asked and his voice was so sweet and gently that it seemed as if he was asking you something nice, as if he was truly interested in your life. But you knew better than to believe that, by now you knew what was underneath that tone and you knew he was evil. “I’m sorry but I have no idea what you’re talking about.” You had decided that staying polite was the only way that you could make him feel frustrated, because then he’d feel as if he’s plan wasn’t working. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter