Chapter 2

❣ Key To My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You don’t understand, it’s not that I don’t like you, it’s just that I believe we don’t fit together like that. I’d love to stay friends but that’s all I can give you.” The hurt was visible on his face and you hated it to be the cause of it, but you didn’t have any other choice. If you’d tell him otherwise then you’d only food yourself and him, keeping the both of you away from your actual love that maybe you’d find someday. So you stayed put and ignored the guilt that was rushing through you because of his expression and how much you wanted to take your words back and tell him that you could at least try it. Because the truth was, you didn’t want to try, or at least not with him. “It’s okay, at least you were honest.” He said and it wasn’t the reaction you had expected from the popular guy being turned down by a girl but you were happy he wasn’t cruel to you. 

 

 

The two of you turned silent, you had no idea what else to say to him. You had just hurt his feelings, it wasn’t like you could pretend as if nothing had happened already, you’d probably have to give it some time. So you looked at Chanyeol and smiled, deciding that leaving was the only option for you that was left. Somewhere in this crowd Hana was waiting for you to get back to her, she told you that she’d be waiting for you. At first you had been really scared to tell Chanyeol the truth, but she had cheered you up and now you felt a lot better. You were happy it was finally off you chest and you didn’t have to worry about it anymore, that you could move forward from this. So you lifted yourself from your chair and opened your mouth to say goodbye to him, but got interrupted. A squeal escaped from your lips as liquid splashed all over your shirt and ruined your entire outfit, making it stick to your chest. Your jaw dropped as you stared down on yourself in shock and saw the coffee being smothered all over you. 

 

 

A hiss got through your clenched teeth as it was still hot and you quickly pulled the shirt off of you, not wanting it to burn your skin. You looked up at the boy standing in front of you and your look softened, though you had first planned to give the person a burner. “What the hell looser! Can’t you see where you’re going? You ruined her shirt! Who the do you think you are?!” Chanyeol had now also raised from his chair and it seemed as if he didn’t feel sorry for the person who had caused this as much as you did. You opened your mouth again to say something but he didn’t even let you say anything as he pulled you aside and took a big step towards the guy who was at least half a head smaller than him. “Listen to me smart , you better make sure that this gets fixed or I’ll make you pay for it.” Baekhyun blinked his eyes a few times and you could see how they were getting watery, making you feel bad instead of Chanyeol. How could he scream to him like this, while everyone else in the cafeteria was staring at the two of them?

 

 

A few people started laughing as Baekhyun seemed completely off the map, the kid had no idea what to say or what to do and his head was as red as a tomato. Now you understood why he didn’t want to be in the attention, why he always stayed at the background. Because if he’d disappear form it then his life would become hell, where he’d get bullied and everyone made fun of him. This could have happened to anyone, it could’ve been anyone who had thrown this coffee over you, but it had had to be him. “I’m sorry…” Baekhyun quickly stuttered into your direction an you smiled at him, waving your hand at him to motion that it was fine, but the taller one didn’t seem to think about tit like that. “Is that all you got head?! You just spoiled hot coffee over a girl and that’s all you’ve got to say? How low can you fall? Now I understand why no one likes you here and why you don’t have a girlfriend.” You could see Baekhyun flinch by his insults and suddenly you had heard enough, though normally you weren’t someone to speak in during something like this, you couldn’t bare to hear this anymore. 

 

 

“Chanyeol that’s enough.” Your voice was stern and loud and was enough to make everyone else in the room shut their mouth instantly, their laughter died out. He turned around towards you and blinked his eyes in surprise, it seemed as if this was even worse to him than what you had said to him before. “Excuse me?” He asked and you could see in his eyes that he was frustrated because you had interrupted his bullying, but now there was no more turning back. Now that you had gotten this far you could better just say what you had to say. “You didn’t even give me the chance to say anything. I’m not angry, it could’ve been anyone standing here and anyone holding the coffee. It happens and now we’ll all just move on from it. It’s not like I’ve only got one shirt and after I washed this one you won’t even see it anymore. He apologized, I think that’s more than enough.” With each sentence you said Chanyeol’s face seemed to become harder and more icy, which made you slightly scared. But then he laughed at your words, straight into your face and the rest of the students soon followed. 

 

 

You squeezed your eyes at him and hugged your arms closer around your waist, not believing that this was actually happening. Never before you had been made fun at like this and you felt as if someone was putting a knife though your heart. So this was how it felt like for someone like Baekhyun, every day all over and over again? “Oh my god, she’s taking the nerd’s side.” He pointed at you with a accusing finger and you felt as if you had to throw up. You had just been trying to be nice and this was what you got? Instead of saying anything you grabbed your back and swung it over your shoulder,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter