Chapter 6

Under The Rain

12725195_1054452517933936_1098675939_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5NDAyNDM0NjIzOTE3NjAyMw%3D%3D.2

He ordered his men to blindfold us as well as to tie our hands and take us to his car. Both Tiffany and I struggled, but we had no chance to break free from masculine guys like them, especially when they were all trained cops for years. We were forced into Taksony's car and his men were sitting beside us, I automatically searched for my wife's hand behind our back and intertwined her fingers with mine. Sensing the contact, she squeezed my hand. "Tsk. Typical lesbians." Taksony voiced out annoyingly, I was quite surprised that he could see our hands even though they were behind our backs. Soon the car was heated up. and he started driving. "Our love is stronger than any heteroual's love." Tiffany, who was sitting beside me, replied bravely. "Oh, I doubt that. You wouldn't even be here if it weren't for your father's and your mother's ovum." He bombed back. Hearing that, I put more pressure on her hand, I know how much she hated when someone mentioned about her parents, especially when it was something so not soothing for the ears. She was really sensitive when it comes to this matter. After that, she remained silent, so was that jerk. I was worrying as to where he could be taking us, it had been about 10 minutes since he drove from where he abducted us. 

"This is so wrong. This is illegal." She said in the middle of the journey, out of the blue. "What is illegal, sweetie?" He answered sarcastically, emphasising the 'sweetie' as I felt cold chills ran down my spine. "Cops should be serving and protecting the country, not making it worse." Tiffany exclaimed out loud as he laughed his off after hearing her statement. "Did you really expect that every cop is like those perfect people who do their duty 24/7 investigating the cases that sometimes wouldn't even be solved in years like in CSI or NCIS? NO, pumpkin. Only brainless police officer would do that, why wouldn't we use our power to control the citizen instead? I'll tell you petite girls a secret, I like shooting people for no apparent reason. My minions who are sitting beside you guys do that too." I heard the person beside me let out a proud smirk after hearing his boss' words. I felt the car turned three lefts, four rights and two high ways, I was really afraid that he would bring us into a jungle and murder us there. As he mentioned before, he likes shooting people without a reason. My tears were lining up when I thought about what could happen to us. "Wh-what are you going to do to us?" I finally got the courage to speak after remaining silent for as long as we were in the car, it came out barely a whisper...but it was hearable. "Hmm...no one knows." He answered relaxedly. 
Suddenly I felt a soft cheek rubbing mine, I panicked for a while. But I was relieved when I realised that it was Tiffany's, she was searching for my ear using her cheek since our hands were tied up. When she found it, I felt she turned her head, facing me. was on the same level of my ear because I could feel her hot breath. "Don't worry, Taeyeon. I'm here, aren't I? I'm here with you. Even if something happens, I'm ready to die. As long as I'm with you." She whispered, every breath that was exhaled when she said those words calmed me down. Because I knew I wasn't alone. Fortunately, those men didn't hear because neither of them spoke, even Taksony. She gave me a peck on the cheek afterwards, making sure that it left no 'pop' sound when she released. 

The car then was put to a halt, we have arrived wherever they were taking us. The journey was worth around 35 minutes of our lives. When Taksony went out, both sides of the door opened and we were pulled out from the car, losing the contact of her hands. I would've thought that we went our separate ways if it wasn't for her shouting 'Let me go!' while kicking the ground, the place was dangerously quiet. I was guessing that we were in the middle of a jungle, and when our blindfolds were taken off, I was shocked to find out that my guess was right, we were in the middle of a jungle. It was so quiet that we could hear our own breathing. And it concerned me that if they do anything to us and we yell for help, even if as loud as we can, nobody will hear us. We were standing in front of a medium-sized, red container while Taksony opened the door and his men pushed us in. 

"Tie Taeyeon on a chair and hold that animal still in front of her." He ordered and my heart stung when he referred Tiffany as an animal. I was trying to fight back when one of them had my hands behind a chair that I was forced to sit on and nearly broke free from him. But Taksony fished out his Glock 22 handgun and pointed towards me without saying anything, I was so shocked by his action.

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany who was being held by the other man 20 feet in front of me called out, the man held both of her hands at the back. I turned to look at her, she smiled sadly and shook her head, signalling that I shouldn't fight back or Taksony would hurt me. I let myself being tied on the chair with my head low. Taksony went to Tiffany and snatched her from the man, he cuffed one of her hand on the steel pole using his handcuff and let the other one being free. "I told you didn't I? You can't protect her" He stated and Tiffany glared at him, she suddenly spat at Taksony's face with a mouthful of saliva, without any hesitations. He wiped her saliva on his face and scoffed. The next thing he did really caught me off guard for I did not see it coming. 

Taksony punched her on the face, her beautiful face. Seeing how giant and well-built he was, I couldn't even imagine the pain that lingered on her face. My tears welled up when another punch landed on Tiffany. 

And another.

And another.

"Stop...." I whispered between my sobs, unfortunately no one in the room heard my voice. Seeing Tiffany suffered like that broke my heart into million of pieces as my tears rolled down uncontrollably. He went behind her, grabbed her hair and pulled it hardly, forcing her head to point upwards. I studied her face and it was covered with bruises and blood, her lower lip was bleeding. She wasn't the Tiffany I know, her face was horribly injured. Her eyes never left mine and it felt like the whole world stopped. A tear that escaped from her left eye didn't go unnoticed by me, but somehow they glittered out of love and sadness. She gave me the look that I feared, the look that only I can read as she managed to throw me a small, sincere smile and another tear rolled down as well as mine. She was mentally telling me that 'If this is what I have to go through to save you, then I'll gladly do it. Even if that means giving up my beauty.' 

She screamed her heart out, it was too sudden that my heart did a backflip as the pace increased. Her body was vibrating as she slid down the pole and landed her head beside it. That was when I noticed Taksony had his electroshock weapon in his hand with the biggest grin he wore. 

He had just electrified Tiffany from behind.

He crouched down beside her, planning to electrify her one more time when she has just stopped vibrating. Taksony positioned his electroshock weapon on her stomach. I stared at his two men who were standing near the door, doing naught but watching helplessly at the scene. 

"STOOOOP!!" I roared and Taksony's weapon slipped from his hand as he stood up immediately, clearly surprised by my voice. "Please..stop hurting her." I begged. 

He took a step forward with lots of hesitations. "Catherine?" Taksony muttered as he ran towards me and hugged me. "It is you! Catherine! I missed you so much!" He then went behind me and untied me, liberating both of my hands. From that onwards, I felt really weird. He was a completely different person than the one from 30 seconds ago. I was about to run towards Tiffany when two strong grips grabbed both of my wrists. "Tell me. Who was in our house? Huh? Huh? I will kill that person!" He spat, his face was red in anger. I was very confused with his actions but worried at the same time, because Tiffany was still there on the ground, helpless and slightly lifeless. I turned to look at her and unexpectedly, he followed my step. "Was it her?" He let go of my wrists and took out his handgun. "I will kill you, ! How dare you intrude our house?!" He stomped forward, nearer and nearer towards Tiffany. I couldn't bear to see her being hurt again, knowing that her life was at risk. Taksony was serious about murdering her. 

"Taksony, don't!" 

I ran with all my heart towards him and pushed him. I gasped when I caught his eyes, it was full of hatred and disappointment but at the same time empty. "Taksony? Did you just call me by my name? What happened to 'pumpkin'?" He grabbed my cheeks tightly and I hissed in pain, four of his fingers were on the left side while his thumb was on the right as he pressed harder. "What happened to you when you were gone, when I was gone? You've become less committed in our marriage!" He fumed in anger, his chest moving up and down quickly and his eyes were red in color. "I will teach you a lesson, Catherine!" He ended and pulled me out from the container, I tried to fight him but to no avail for his size doubled as mine. I turned to look at Tiffany and she was already standing up, shouting at him to not take me away. But he didn't listen. 

Taksony pulled me to a tree not too far from the container and smashed my body there as he stood firmly in front of me. "I will teach you a lesson." He stuttered with a deep voice as he wrapped his hand around my neck. "I...will... teach...you...a lesson." He said again as he added pressure to each word that slipped his mouth, I was being strangled. I felt that my feet were no longer on the ground, he lifted me and added extra pressure on my neck, closing my vocal folds as I felt no oxygen was coming in. I ran out of breath as I felt my eyes would pop out of their sockets anytime soon. All of a sudden...

'Bang!'

A gunshot was heard right in front of me as I felt him loosened his grip from my neck. I instantly fell to the ground on my knees, a hand on the tree and another on my chest, breathing heavily to regain the oxygen in my body. I looked up and saw that Taksony was laying on the ground with a pool of blood beside him and the blood kept oozing out from the hole on his chest area. I froze for a while for this was the first time I actually see something like this in real life. I blinked my eyes numerous times to bring myself back to reality and got up to crouch next to him, I held his arm and placed the tip of my index and middle fingers on his carotid artery to check for his pulse. 

And...

No pulse could be detected.

This man is dead. 

"Taeyeon!" A familiar voice called out. It was so weak that it was almost unrecognisable, I turned to where that voice came from and widened my eyes. There, Tiffany with her weakest condition slowly and forcefully walked to my direction. I could see that she was enduring the pain by looking at her face. I wasted no time as I ran to her and pulled her into an embrace. "Tiffany!" A river of tears escaped my eyes as I felt the warm body of hers pressed against mine. 

"Oh Taeyeon, you're all right." She muttered gratefully as she broke the hug to see my face.

"How did you get out?" I questioned. 

"That's not important right now. Let's get out of here first."