Caught Between a Friend and a Dream (pt. 1)

It's Like Looking in a Mirror. Only...Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2015/07/04

“Have you decided?”

Standing away from the others, Ryeowook and the radio producer, Hong Soonyoung, peered at the hanging corkboard.  On the board hung a sheet of paper listing the names of the radio’s fixed guests, as well as the segments that they were a part of.  In the past few months, there had been some modifications in the radio schedule, which resulted in some changes in the fixed guests.

“We need a new person in the next two weeks.  Like I said before, someone from Seventeen might be a good choice since they’re more affordable and most likely will have less scheduling conflicts.”

“Can I pick more than one?  Maybe two?” Ryeowook asked hopefully, glancing through the glass window and into the recording studio where the members of Seventeen were being photographed one by one.

The producer shrugged.  “It all depends on how well they do.  There's a chance that someone else might get the spot if they don’t meet the standards.  Who do you have in mind?”

The blonde DJ hummed, thoughtfully his chin.  There were so many good candidates out of the thirteen, but he unfortunately couldn’t pick all of them.  Regardless, after learning more about each member (and getting over the initial shock of the meeting Jun, the Heechul clone, who acted nothing like his hyung), Ryeowook had been closely examining some members to find the one who would fit the role as a fixed guest.  The first pick was undeniably Seungkwan, who ended up being the one of the most talkative individuals within the group and also seemed most comfortable during the hour long broadcast.  The Seventeen member’s gift in singing, as demonstrated by both the live performance and one of the games that were played, also contributed in Ryeowook’s choice, especially since he had an undeniable bias towards main vocalists (though he would never admit it out loud).  However, Ryeowook’s attention turned towards another member of the group, whose charming eye smile seemed to instantly brighten the room’s atmosphere as he playfully fanned Vernon with his newly acquired Hello Kitty fan.

“Let’s bring in those two- Seungkwan-sshi and Dokyeom-sshi.”

-----

“Gather around.”  The head manager of Seventeen stated the moment he stepped into the dorm, motioning for the tired group members to join him in the living room.  One by one, the members removed their shoes before quietly shuffling into the living room, forming into a half circle with the manager in the middle.

“I just wanted to let to know that you all did an excellent job tonight.  Some of you were more nervous than others, but that’s okay.  In the end, every single one of you managed to make a good first impression to the Sukira staff.”  Hearing this, the members happily cheered (with Soonyoung even letting out an enthusiastic “whoop”), feeling reenergized at the fact that they had done well, especially when working with the DJ who was ten years their senior.

The manager raised his hands, quickly hushing the group as they all turned their attention towards him.  “I want you all to keep a hold onto that enthusiasm. You all have a broadcast that you need to prepare for later,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter