Early Morning Identity Crisis

It's Like Looking in a Mirror. Only...Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re late," the substitute vocal trainer snapped, her tone far too unpleasant in comparison to Youngmin, who was usually much more understanding of the group (as well as individual) schedules. "Go warm up with the others while I gather my supplies.”

Jihoon bowed his head in understanding, murmuring a small apology that went unheard as the vocal coach trailed off in the opposite direction.  Once the woman was out of sight, the pink haired boy wrinkled his nose in her direction, his lips curved downwards in a frown.

“Go warm up with others,” he repeated, grumbling louder than necessary as he sauntered down the hall towards the practice room where he and the remaining members of the vocal unit were scheduled to hold an early morning vocal lesson.  “If I’m so late, shouldn’t we be ready to start?”

Despite the rare occurrence in which he had voluntarily woken early for once, Jihoon was still the last to arrive to practice, leaving his sour mood to worsen.  Not only was the group scheduled to wake up at an unreasonably early time, the pink haired composer had been forced to leave prior to the others due to an even more unreasonably early morning meeting between himself and one of the company representatives who seemed to have developed an overnight interest to hear a sample of the groups’ new title track.  This last minute meeting resulted in no breakfast (as well as a much needed dosage of caffeine) for Jihoon, who had stayed up later than usual to work on said title track.  

Regardless of the much appreciated positive feedback he had received (though he had spent a large portion of the meeting full of resentment as he watched the company representative makes his comments whilst simultaneously sipping his steaming cup of coffee and nibbling on a jelly smeared piece of toast), the torturously loud grumbling from his stomach, mixed with the hostile attitude of their substitute vocal trainer, did nothing to improve his already dreadful morning, but instead made him want to express his irritability by shouting vulgarities to the world.

As he silently turned the knob of the practice room door, Jihoon felt his frown deepen.  Instead of the trills and vocal runs he had been expecting to hear, he was met with the other four members of the vocal unit loudly bickering over what seemed to be a plain piece of computer paper.

“As one of the group's lead vocals, I think I should decide!”

“What about me!?  I’m a lead vocal too you know!”

“Doesn’t matter!  Seniority always wins in Korea!  I’m the oldest, so I should make the final decision.”

“Guys, we could use a random number generator off the internet.”

Seungkwan plopped himself onto the hardwood ground of the practice room, his lips curled into a pout as he crossed his arms over his chest.  “We should go with BooSeokWooJiJeong”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter