Are There Even Enough Chairs?

It's Like Looking in a Mirror. Only...Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2015/06/28

"Thank you for the hard work!" Ryeowook grinned at the radio staff, returning their bows with his own.  After his routinely exchange of good nights and farewells with the staff members, who were now scrambling to set up the recording studio for the next DJ, the young man followed his manager towards the lobby.  

Despite the fact that it was already midnight and his schedule of the day had included what seemed like a never-ending photo session, followed by a grueling few hours of dance and vocal practice, Ryeowook still steered away from his sleepy manager, who let out a knowing huff, in order to greet the remaining fans.  Like any other day, an impressive amount of fans (mainly female adolescents) gathered in the lobby after viewing another two hour long recording session of Kiss the Radio.  Not wanting to irritate the exhausted manager, the blonde quickly flashed a bright smile towards the group of young girls (who really should have been sleeping by now, especially since there was school the next day), before waving farewell for the night.

-----

“I’m sure the fans would still adore you even if you did forgo greeting them for one night,” The manager joked as he started the engine of the dark color van.

Ryeowook leaned back in the passenger seat, stretching out his fatigued limbs.  “Maybe,” he hummed, letting out a small, catlike yawn.  “Although I would have to blame you if they end up finding a new favorite member that isn’t me.”

The manager chuckled at the younger man as he proceeded to unlock the van windows.  As expected, when the vehicle drove out of the parking garage, the blonde idol quickly rolled down the window, sleepily waving once again to the same group of fan girls before the van merged into the still busy streets of Seoul.

With his eyes focused on the road, the manager smiled unconsciously as he took notice of Ryeowook’s continuous sequences of yawns.  “The amount of energy in the youth is really something isn’t it?  Some of them even look like they could be our children.”

Midway through another yawn, the blonde idol paused momentarily before he turned towards the teasing manager, narrowing his eyes at the older man as his lips curved into a small frown.  “Are you calling me old?  I’ll have you know that I’m still not as old as Teukie hyung!”

The manager only chuckled in response as Ryeowook once again let out a drowsy yawn.

-----

As the dark van silently parked alongside the street of the apartment building, the manager reached behind the driver’s seat, pulling out a small stack of papers from his backpack.  Wordlessly, he handed them to Ryeowook, who by now seemed to be struggling to keep his eyes open.  “Next week’s radio schedule,” the older man explained.  “Most of the guests next week are the regulars, except for the second half of Friday.  Along with Mikyung-sshi, the guests will be a rookie group who debuted just a few months ago.”

Despite his mind sleepily protesting, the slightly curious man flipped through the stack of papers, easily finding the papers for Friday’s recording.

“Seb…sebeuntin?”

“Seventeen.” The manager corrected.  “Aren't you excited at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter