Exe's and Oh's

Oxycontin, Cigarettes, and Sunflowers

“Have you told him yet?” Baekhyun asks Kyungsoo as he holds the next pill cup for his patient. She’s an old woman who can hardly hear a semi honking its horn in her ear, yet still acts as if she knows what’s going on.

    Kyungsoo shrugs, resting his arm against his knee as he sits in the chair. “I don’t really know what I would say.”

    Baekhyun lets out a sigh and hands the woman the rest of her pills and watches as she swallows. “Tell him that Sehun is the spawn of Satan and is pure trash like you always said he was and that he’s faking everything.”

    “That’s the thing, though,” Kyungsoo whines. “He’s not. He’s faking being nice, but how is that going to change Jongin’s mind about him? Sehun is in love with Jongin and Jongin is in love with Sehun and right now I’m just the nurse that’s trying to be too involved in their lives.”

    Baekhyun helps the woman with her water and takes the pill container to toss into the trash. “You are involved in their lives, you’re just forcing yourself to not see that.”

    Kyungsoo bites his fingernail and mulls it over before his work phone starts ringing. He shifts so he can pull it out of his pocket and answer it. “Kyungsoo,” he states, sticking his fingernail back in his mouth so he can pick off a piece that’s bothering him. Baekhyun slaps his hand away from his mouth and Kyungsoo gives him a dirty look as he listens to Seulgi explain one of his patient’s symptoms. “I’ll be up in a minute, Seulgi,” he says and finishes up the phone call.

    “Promise me when you get home, you’ll talk to Jongin?” Baekhyun asks and Kyungsoo gives a hesitant nod as he stands up and heads back to his floor.

    When he gets back to the ICU, Seulgi sees him from one of her rooms and smiles brightly, waving him into the room. Kyungsoo walks in and gives her a curious look. “Do you need help?” Kyungsoo asks, reaching for a pair of gloves and Seulgi shakes her head.

    “You’re acting different lately,” she starts and Kyungsoo’s hand falls to his side. “It started after that car crash victim came in. Did something happen?”

    Kyungsoo chortles. “It’s a long story.” He scratches the back of his neck and Seulgi nods her head.

    “If you ever want to talk about it or have me fight someone, I will, okay? Like that guy that came in earlier this week.” Seulgi frowns. “Your were crying after going to lunch with him.”

    “Was I?” Kyungsoo asks, thinking that he had been pretty careful about letting his emotions show after the elevator ride with Baekhyun.

    “I mean, your eyes were red and puffy and I looked in on you when you were charting and saw some tears.” Seulgi shrugs. “Then again, it is allergy season and what do I know?”

    Kyungsoo watches as Seulgi hangs another IV bag on the hanger before smiling at her. “Thanks, Seulgi.” She looks over at him with a little of a surprised face. “Thanks for caring about me.”

    She returns his smile and pulls off her gloves, throwing them into the trash. “I’d do anything for you, Kyungsoo.”

    Kyungsoo’s smile falters and he’s afraid that he’s led her on without realizing it and Seulgi seems to notice. “Kyungsoo, I’ve seen curly fries straighter than you. I don’t mean that I’d do anything for you like some sort of crush. But when I was going through a lot, you always smiled and talked to me and let me cry on your shoulder that one day when I really couldn’t handle being here.”

    Kyungsoo remembers that now and doesn’t know why he forgot it in the first place. His smile grows again and he walks out of the room to finish his day up.

 

    When he gets back to the apartment, Jongin is flipping boredly through the channels with a plate of take out on the side table. He looks excited for a second before he remembers that Kyungsoo has been awkward and hasn’t talked ever since he and Sehun went out for lunch. Kyungsoo watches as his excitement is completely erased and he goes back to pressing the channel button over and over again.

    Kyungsoo hangs up bag and kicks off his shoes and heads over to the couch and sits as far away from Jongin as he can. Jongin’s channel flipping falters for a second before it picks back up again and Kyungsoo has to grab the remote and turn it off so he doesn’t go crazy. “Let’s talk.”

    Jongin side eyes him , his broken leg kicked up on the coffee table with pillows underneath it. “About what? The weather?”

    “About Monday.”

    Jongin seems to perk up at this and he sits himself upright on the couch. “Okay.”

    Kyungsoo pauses and tries to find the right words to start off this long conversation. His mouth open and closes many times, trying to find the thing that would offend Jongin the least. “I strongly dislike Sehun.” Brilliant. Pure genius.

    “O-oh. Well, why not?” Jongin asks and Kyungsoo starts with opening and closing his mouth again before just taking a deep breath and letting it out.

    “He’s spoiled for one. His ego is way too big for him and he’s an outright for lack of better words.” Kyungsoo breathes out and lets Jongin take it in.

    Instead of the argument that Kyungsoo was expecting, Jongin just starts laughing and Kyungsoo has to wait for him to finish to continue speaking. “Your idea of fun for him and I by telling him to take me out to lunch was a complete disaster. I told him I didn’t like him and he went on about how I shouldn’t even care because I’m not part of it.”

    “That’s not what he said,” Jongin replies and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

    “No, of course that wouldn’t be what he said because he didn’t want to tell you that I left in tears. He’s a sneaky little rat who is always trying to take everything away from everyone by lying and flirting and being a .” Kyungsoo lets out a deep breath to try and calm himself, but it’s not really working.

    “What are you saying? He’s trying to get something from me?” Jongin asks

    “No, he actually loves you. Even a blind kid could see it.” Kyungsoo rubs his eyes.

    “Then why do you sound so angry? Isn’t that good?” Jongin asks and Kyungsoo freezes. Of course it’s good that Sehun is being true to Jongin for once, so why is it that Kyungsoo is so angry that Sehun isn’t lying? Oh, right, because Kyungsoo is still blindly in love with Jongin. “Kyungsoo?”

    “Y-yeah, it’s great.” His voice is emotionless and he keeps his eyes locked on the couch cushion beneath him. “It’s just great.”

    A few moments of silence pass before Kyungsoo starts to stand up, only to have Jongin grab his hand. Kyungsoo’s eyes shoot to Jongin to see what he wants and it looks like he’s going to say something serious but then changes his mind and asks if Kyungsoo wants to watch the news.

    “I’ve had a long day at work, I’m just gonna chill in my room.” Jongin looks slightly hurt before nodding and lets go of Kyungsoo’s hand. Kyungsoo chews on his lip and contemplates changing his mind and sitting with Jongin, but instead decides to actually go to his room where he pulls the pain medication out of his drawer and swallows another one dry.


a/n SO WOW THIS TOOK A WHILE WHOOPS

school got really busy and i was traveling and so i never had time.

THANKS AGAIN FOR READING THIS I LOVE YOU ALL