Revealing The Truth

Poles Apart

"Heey Tao why are you crying?." Luhan asked the moment he saw Tao's tears that he was trying hard to hold back.

"Y-you don't believe me. I hate this... I'm not lying Luhan. I know what I saw. It was him.. His face.. His voice.. He is the one I saw." Tao tried to explain himself while swallowing the lump in his throat.

"Tao what about his hair huh? Didn't you make that huge difference?" 

"W-what d-do you mean? He was wearing a beanie." Tao was so confused why would his hair look different in the cafeteria and why is Luhan acting like this? he was so nice when he first talked to him.

"Okay look the guy sitting in the lap right there is Yifan, The one who stole your food is Kris and they are in twins." Luhan said pointing at the directions of the lap and the cafeteria.

"T-twins?" Tao was dumbfounded.

"Yes twins! That's why I was asking you about his hair, Yifan is a brunet while Kris' hair is in bright blond it's even brighter than the in sun." Luhan was spitting venom every time he said something about Kris.

Tao kept silent, he was trying to take it in. All of this seemed like a joke to him but when he looked at Luhan and remembered how Yifan got so mad he knew it's true.

"But Tao there's something I need to tell you.." 

"What is it?" Tao searched for answers looking into Luhan's eyes he wanted to know everything.

"l can't go with you to Kris. I've been avoiding him for so long I don't want to see him or talk to him. I'm sorry I know I should help you but please Tao I don't want to see him at all." Luhan pleaded hoping that Tao would change his mind and just let it slip for once.

"It's okay.. But why?" Tao was trying to put the pieces together. Luhan and Yifan are best friends, Yifan and Kris are brother. So doesn't that make Luhan and Kris friends too. Unless they were in love and broke up.

"Ugh it's just.. Let's say we're not on a good terms."

"Were you two in love?" Tao was thinking out loud he didn't know the consequences of saying such a thing.

"WHAAT THEE K? No no no, why would I be with an like him." He was so annoyed of what Tao has just said he threw some punches and asked him not say something like that ever again. 

"I don't know Luhan. I don't understand all of this." Tao was shrugging his shoulders. He wanted to know more, he wanted to know the whole story and mostly he wanted to apologize to Yifan.

"Okay I'll tell you the whole story but right now we have to get back to our classes. How about we meet after school? There’s this cafe down the road."

"Alright I'll meet you there.”


Tao couldn't wait for the last two hours of school to end. He doesn't care about his food or money right now. All he wants is to know more about Yifan and Kris. And if you ask why then Tao himself wouldn't give you a convincing reason. 

The school was over and Tao was the first one to get out through the gates. He reached the coffee shop that Luhan has mentioned and waited for 15 minutes till he showed up.

"Sorry man I had to collect some paperwork and give it to our teacher." Luhan was panting, it seems like he was running all the way here.

"It's okay I understand you're busy."

"Hey let's order something it's my treat I'll make it up to you." Luhan pulled Tao out of his chair before he could say anything. They ordered a Vanilla Iced Shaken for Tao. And Caffè Americano for Luhan also a Cheesecake because Tao was starving. 


"So let's start with the story." Luhan said when they got back to their seats. "But first you have to promise me not to tell anyone, well everybody already know it but we don't talk about it anymore." 

"Luhan you're scaring me what is it? I only know you in the whole school I won't tell anyone." 

"Okay well you see Yifan and Kris are twins but they're not. They're strangers no no let's say they're enemies. When their mother was pregnant she used to get into lots of fights with their father so they decided to get divorced and each one takes a baby and that what actually happened after they were born the father took Kris with him and went to Canada and Yifan stayed in China with his mother."

"Oh my god!! This is horrible." He exclaimed.

"Nop we didn't get to the horrible part yet. So after they separated the twins they decided not to tell them about it." 

"What? What do you mean ‘not to tell them about it’?? They didn't know they had a brother on the other side of the world??" Tao was yelling not believing what he's hearing and how can someone be so cruel to do this to their own children. 

"At first the mother wanted to tell Yifan when he gets a bit older but then their father got married again and said that he'll settle in Canada for the rest of his life so she decided to keep it. As long as the twins will never meet. But their little secret wouldn't be hidden forever the mother started dating a Korean singer he's not that famous but they were so in love he wanted her to move in with him. She talked to him about Yifan and he didn't mind the little boy. So Yifan moved to Seoul at the age of 6 and that's why his Korean is better than his brother and that's how he got so much into music his Mom's boyfriend started to teach him how to play instruments and sing and other stuff.." 

"He must be a genius he started to learn at young age.." Tao was stunned of the story he's hearing..

"Maybe well you see when we went to the lap to talk to him he wasn't studying he was actually writing music and that's how we cover it up for him we just say 'he's studying'. Anyway let's get back to our story when Yifan was 14 his mother passed away. And thank god his mother had bought a small house before that or else Yifan would be living in streets. So he came to this house and this how we became neighbors, his Mom's boyfriend said that he'll be taking care of him and all that but none of that has happened. Yifan would go to sleep alone every single night and sometimes he would knock our door saying that he was hungry. So my Mom decided to take him in, she would feed him, clean his room and do homework together she treated him like her own son or even better that I would get jealous sometimes. It was till he turned 16 and got a job.."

"this so heartbreaking he was just kid why would they do this to him." Tao got so emotional he knew that soon he'll be sobbing.

"Yeah it is. So when they were 16 their father decided to open a branch of his fashion line in Seoul. He decided to move here and stay up to 5 years and he brought Kris with him. And guess what happened after 3 qmonths? a friend of Yifan told him that he saw someone who looks exactly like him but with blond hair. Yifan thought that they were joking till he met him in person and it was the first day of the school we're going to. Well what random twins would do is hug and cry and just be happy but not for them. That day world war 3 has started. They just glared at each other and then left without saying a word. Kris went back to his house throwing stuff and breaking the house down before his dad came and told him that yes they were twins and he didn't know that the other lived in Seoul and all that. The next day was when Kris took actions, he held Yifan's collar and pushed him into the wall he said that he don't want to have another version of him and one of them should stay and Tao oh my god I've been talking for so long my mouth started to hurt that should be enough." Luhan was massaging his face. 

"But Luhan I want to know it all please?" Tao begged he was so into this.

"That's all of it Tao the rest it's just them fighting or pushing each other around." 

"But you didn't tell me how did Yifan react to this whole thing?" 

"Tao please is it that important? I swear my mouth hurts and I'm so tired. Let's go home now and we'll continue tomorrow." Luhan said while standing up already leaving.

"Luhan wait you didn't tell me were you in love with Kris? Is that why you don't want to talk to him?" Tao followed Luhan, and by saying these words no one is sure if he got home safe without bruisings.

 

A/N: sorry guys for the confusion I’ve caused in the first chapter I hope things got a bit clearer now. and yeah just wanted to say that this fanfic is actually based on a real life events so if you found what Kris and Yifan parents has done is too cruel well believe it or not it has happened in our world already.