The Kris Incident

Poles Apart
Tao's POV
 
 
"Hey.. Wait for me.." Kris called as I paced out of the restaurant. "What the is wrong with you?" He caught up to me easily, grabbing my arm.
 
"Let me go!" I screamed as I struggled to get free.
 
He let go of my arm instantly, he didn't say a word but stared at me with an unknown look on his face. I turned around and ran away from him into the empty, dark streets. I didn't know where to go from there, I looked around searching for a taxi but I couldn't find one. I'd rather go home with a stranger than being with Kris in one car. I slowed down, there's no cars on the road and there's no point of blindly walking into the streets with nowhere to go. I wanted to go back to the restaurant and talk to my Mom about it but I know she's going to get really mad and ground me for some weeks or months, she's going to lock me up in my room and take everything away from me including my pc and cell phone and I can't let her do that, Yifan said that he's going to text me everyday, I want to talk to him, I miss him already. 
 
An all black car suddenly parked in front of me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I tried to get a glimpse of the driver but I couldn't see anything through the tinted car windows. I thought I can finally go back home even if I'm really afraid to ride with a stranger but anything is better than Kris. I was about to motion with my hand for the driver to lower the car windows when I heard the door open and saw Kris getting out of the car.
 
"Get in." He ordered, calmly but looking utterly pissed off.
 
I was really scared of him, I couldn't let any word out of my mouth cause I had no control over my shaking voice and stutter. I just glared at him and turned around, continuing my walk.
 
"Don't let me come and get you." He threatened, his voice husky and compelling.
 
"And what? y-you are just going t-to kidnap me?"
 
"I wouldn't do if you listen to me. And I'm not technically kidnapping you Tao, Your Mom allowed me to do this." He said with an annoying smirk on his face.
 
"What do you want from me Kris?"
 
"To get in the car so I can get you home as my Dad ordered."
 
I was so fed up with this whole situation, Kris was never going to leave me alone as long as he has both my mother and Mr.Wu on his side. It was all my Mom's fault, if she just listened to me and knew how dangerous Kris is she wouldn't let me ride the car with him, but after all I think she doesn't even care about me, she only wants to impress her friend 'Mr.Wu' and not only because he's her friend but because he has got some higher power which is money of course and she would do anything and everything for some cash.
 
Kris just stood there staring at me, waiting for an answer, I stared back not knowing what to do. I was thinking about the consequences, 'Kris won't hurt me.. his father asked him to get me home safely.. and if he did something I could always tell my Mom about it.'
 
Without saying a word, I walked to his car and opened the door, I sat in the front seat silently and closed the door aggressively. He got in and I moved further away from him, I stared out the window refusing to look at him but somehow I ended up seeing his reflection on the tinted glass, he was smiling.. Kris never smiled, smirked maybe but never a smile.
 
"Was it that difficult?" He asked, goading me.
 
"Just don't talk to me!!" I yelled, still not looking at him in the eyes.
 
"Alright.." He whispered, something was off about him, Kris never listened, he never stopped annoying me. 
 
Kris was acting very odd, he never tried to make a move on me even though the streets were empty and there was no one there. he actually stopped talking to me and only focused on the road in front of him. I felt in danger, I knew he's going to take it all out on me later... maybe he would murder me and throw my dead body in the river and before that happens I need to warn someone. I got my cell phone out of my pocket and started typing a message to Luhan. My fingers furiously pressed buttons on the touchscreen as I explained to him the whole situation and told him that I'm currently in the car with Kris, before I could press send he snatched the phone from me.
 
"Hey! Give it back." I shouted and leaned over trying to get my phone back but Kris has already hid it in his pocket. 
 
"It's really rude to text people while you're sitting with someone. I'm sure Mama Huang taught you some manners, didn't she?" Kris' lips twisted into a smirk, mocking me.
 
"I'm not going to text anyone okay? Just give it back to me!" I said almost begging. 
 
"Nop." He shook his head like a little child, he was specifically trying to piss me off and he succeeded.
 
"Fine. Whatever!! You can keep the damned phone! Just speed up cause I can't stand a minute with you in here!" I yelled.
 
"Ouch Tao.. that hurts.." He faked a cry and clutched a hand to his heart. 
 
I ignored him for the rest of the ride. I can't even look at him without feeling like slapping that annoying smirk right off his face.
 
The ride seemed to take forever, my heart was racing and my left leg was uncontrollably shaking. I just want to get home before anything happens. Kris was silent I could only hear him breathing, he didn't try to say anything or even make a single sound, he didn't even turn the radio on, unlike Yifan who would blast music immediately after getting inside of the car.
 
As I was looking out through the window the place felt familiar to me. I took a closer look and recognized that huge library and Italian restaurant, I know the road from here, it would take 15 minutes to get home and I don't mind walking.
 
"Stop the car!! Drop me off at that restaurant!." I pointed my finger as I asked him 'or let's say rudely ordered him'.
 
"What? Why? We've just eaten." He asked dumbfoundedly.
 
"I'm not eating stupidhead!! Just drop me off, I'd rather walk than us breathing the same air!" I yelled out through gritted teeth.
 
"Whoa.. You really hate me that much!"
 
He didn't stop the car or even slowed down, he was following the instruction to my house on his mobile phone. I wished if I could just jump out of the car but I didn't want to kill myself when I'm just few minutes away from home, I should have thought about it earlier tho.
 
I couldn't believe it when we were finally parked on my driveway, I opened the door before he hit the brakes to stop the car completely, I jumped out of the car and ran towards the front door. I searched for the spare key that my Mom always kept under the red flower pot and I hurriedly unlocked the door, I went in and before I could close it Kris stuck his right foot in the crack and prevented it from closing.
 
"Go away Kris!! I don't want you in here." I yelled as I tried too hard to push the door not caring about hurting his foot.
 
He was pressing both of his palms against the door and shoving it open, it felt like I was trying to push a cement truck uphill on its rims, I could feel the old wooden door starting to break. There was no point into trying against Kris he was stronger and bigger but I must save myself. Thinking that I was faster I turned around running towards the stairs to hide in my room. The door flew open and Kris ran inside catching up to me before I even get to the stairs. He grabbed me by the collar and shoved me against the wall of my living room. 
 
"Get your hands off me!" I screamed both in panic and pain as I hit my head against the wall.
 
"Who do you think you in are to slam the door into my face?!" He growled, his face getting closer to mine. "What do we call that huh? Lack of respect?" 
 
"Let me go!" I tried to fight Kris, I really did try. I tried so hard, but he was taller and all muscle.
 
"Really, Tao. I'd like to say Mama Huang raised you better than this, but the truth is she never raised you at all." He said, sneering at me. "Shall we do it all over again? Should I teach you how to behave around me?" His voice is cold and sinister.
 
"You should do that to yourself !! You're unwanted in here, so off and leave the house." I didn't know from where these words came out or how I found the courage to say them when my body was uncontrollably shaking in fear.
 
"I come here whenever I want you hear me? I'll do whatever I want to you, I'll play you with my bare hands and throw you away whenever I'm done.." He barked at me, sending chills racing down my spine.
 
I lowered my head and closed my eyes, I didn't want him to see the tears b at my lower lashes, I don't want to give him the satisfaction of getting into me. I don't want to show him how weak I really am. I had meant to be strong but I was failing miserably as a sob escaped my lips before I could stop it. 
 
His grip on my collar has softened, he slowly let go of me completely and backed off. I ended up on my knees as I went weak in the legs. I've heard his footsteps he was stepping back, I still couldn't look at him but I knew he was still there, close to me, looking down on me. I heard him sigh heavily and then he was kneeling in front of me. I flinched at the sudden action, thinking that he was going to hit me, I was so confused. I've already lost it to him, I'm a mess and I'm crying.
 
His hand went back to his pocket and pulled out my mobile phone, he gently placed it down next to me.
 
"I didn't mean to.." His words came out clipped, a little bit regretful "I shouldn't have done this but.. you provoked me..."
 
He paused as I confusedly looked at him. 'What is he even saying? How in hell have I provoked him?'.
 
He stood up and whispered "I'll see you soon." before he just left me and went to the door.
 
I didn't know how long it took as I stared back at the door thinking of all that just happened, my eyes overflowed with tears and body shaking with fear. I thought so hard I could almost hear my thoughts. 'Why is he doing this to me?'
 
--
 
Before I opened my eyes the next morning memories from last night flashed across my mind, and I could swear I've heard Kris' voice coming from downstairs. My eyes shot open and I looked at my alarm clock. '7:49 my Mom must be in the kitchen preparing breakfast'. I jumped out of the bed and ran into the bathroom cut out changing my sleepwear which consists of an oversized blue sweater and an unmatched orange shorts. I need to talk to my Mom about what Kris have done before she goes to work, I fell asleep last night before she was even home.
 
I hurriedly ran down the stairs and with each step I could hear faded voices of my Mom laughing with someone. 'Weird my Mom was never in the mood to laugh in the morning.' I thought.
 
I went into the the kitchen and I was totally shocked. There was my Mom making breakfast as every normal morning but then right next to her was Kris!! He was just standing there looking very comfortable as he sipped on his coffee and laughed with my Mom about some lame old jokes.
 
"What the hell is going on?" I shouted, loud enough for them to hear me.
 
"Oh dear Tao, look who's joining us for breakfast.." She faked a smile at my direction but then looked at Kris with genuine one. "Ha ha excuse Tao's appearance he didn't know that you'll be here or else he would at least consider fixing his hair.." She laughed, mocking me while pointing at my messy bed hair.
 
"What are you doing here?" I asked, ignoring my Mom's and glaring at the tall handsome standing next to her.
 
"I told you that I'll be seeing you soon Tao." He said and winked at me.
 
"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to see you!! I don't want you here! Just in leave right now!!" I yelled angrily.
 
"Tao watch your language!!" She warned curtly "Kris is a family friend now.. he can come and go whenever he wants."
 
"No he in can't!! I don't want to see him. I don't want to be with that in the same in place ever again!!" I was shaking with anger.
 
"Tao I don't like your attitude! don't make me—" I cut her off before she continued.
 
"No this time you have to listen to me. That filthy piece of has been trying to hurt me since school started..hell he even ed up my first day! Even last night he pushed me against the wall and in th—"
 
Before I could say more I felt a stinging sensation that burns my face, it was then when I realized that my Mom had slapped me. it took me by surprise, I couldn't do anything but grab my face and caress the burning area.
 
"Listen to me you spoiled brat! When I tell you something I don't expect you to back talk me and try to give me explanations I don't need. I trust Kris as much as I trust his father, I knew him before you were even born into this world! I don't care if you like Kris or not, he'll be coming here whenever he wanted as if this was his second home! I don't want to hear anything from you about this ever again or I swear that there will be consequence! Now get outta my sight."
 
'I can't believe this' She has never slapped me before. It hurts me, not just physically, but from the inside too, the pain is just unbearable in there, everything hurts and tears blurred my vision, I closed my eyes and tears rolled down my cheeks, it burns even more.
 
I ran up stairs into my room, I collapsed onto the corner of my bed, and cried into my pillow. I wanted to leave the house but I have nowhere to go, I needed someone to be there for me, I sobbed louder as I thought about Luhan and Yifan and how they'll hold me to make me feel better.
 
I don't know how long it took since I've been crying, my pillow is damp and my face is swollen, my tears went dry and I felt so broken and helpless. My chest hurts so much I clutched a hand there trying to stop the pain. 
 
I heard a knock on the door and I glanced to the alarm clock, it was 9:03 and I wondered if my Mom actually missed work to come and check on me, it would take time for me to forgive her so I decided to ignore it, the door isn't locked anyway. I heard some knocking again this time louder and after a while the door slightly opened.
 
"Tao? Can I come in?" That voice belonged to Kris and I in wondered what more damage he wants to cause and who gave him the permission to come upstairs into my room.
 
I ignored him still burying my face in my soaked pillow but then I heard his footsteps coming inside my room. "Leave!.. Kris please just in leave!" I sobbed again even harder.
 
"I swear I won't do anything.." His voice was warm and sincere, "I just ran off to the nearest pharmacy.. I got you this.." I heard some noises from a plastic bag "They said it would help in healing the bruise much faster." He said standing at the edge of the bed.
 
"I don't need it." I muttered. 
 
"But it stings and it would leave an ugly bruise and when I asked they said it—"
 
"It's none of your business just leave me alone!" It took all power left in me to yell out these words.
 
"It is my business.. It was because of me and I'm sorry okay?" He raised his voice a bit louder.
 
I ignored him and he tried again.
 
"Tao I'm really sorry, I know you hate me.. I've been such a to you.. but.. I was trying.. last night I didn't plan on doing that but you made me.. I hate how scared you are around me! I knew that you were Mrs.Huang's son a bit earlier and my dad made it clear to be nice to you. I was ready to apologize but you're always running away from me and hiding behind that er's back."  He said his voice loud and deep; heavily accented.
 
This can't be true that's Kris, he's never gonna change, and even if he did he still going to hurt me somehow. I don't believe him but something about his voice was different this time. I ignored him not knowing what to say.
 
"Tao will you look at me? I promise I'll leave after I make sure you're okay."
 
"I'm fine.."
 
"Let me see your face.. please." He pleaded, his voice filled with guilt.
 
I pushed away from the pillow I was holding and sat up slowly, I lowered my my head not wanting him to look at my swollen face and red eyes. He came closer and sat next to me, I moved to the edge of the bed not wanting to sit that close to him.
 
"Look at me.." His words always seemed to remind me of Yifan, and tears started to fill my eyes again at the thought of him. 
 
I lifted my face looking at Kris, he kinda looked worried. He has the same brown eyes as Yifan and strangely they held the same warmth. His eyes were directed to the area my Mom has slapped, examining it. 
 
"Does it hurt?" He asked gently.
 
I nodded.
 
"Let my apply this please, I promise it would make it better." He said with a bottle of medication in his hand.
 
"Okay."
 
He smiled at me and opened the bottle then his smile fell and he snapped. "Oh.. they said I should apply it gently with a cotton swab.. Wait right here I'll go buy it." He got out of bed running to the door.
 
"I have some.." I said and pointed at the drawer.
 
"Really? Perfect." 
 
He came back sitting closer than before and it actually made me feel uncomfortable. My gaze dropped as he looked directly into my eyes and I was now looking at his big hands while he applied the medication on the cotton swab carefully.
 
Kris really looked exactly like Yifan but their style was very different making them seem like different people. Kris was wearing fancy clothes with lots of accessories like bracelets, necklaces and rings on his index and pinky fingers in both hands, Yifan never wore stuff like these he likes everything simple and casual. They both have the same features, same hight and even their hand size.
 
I hissed at the stinging feeling the medication caused when Kris applied it and he chanted 'sorry' over and over again.
 
"I like your hair by the way.." He complimented so suddenly making me look at him in confusion. "It's fluffy." He smiled.
 
His face was just few inches away from mine and it kinda freaked me out. I'm not used to this, no matter how nice Kris is trying to be, it's still doesn't fit all together. 
 
By the time he was done I thought that he would finally leave but he was still sitting there looking at me. I looked back at him and said 'thank you' it was barely audible but i'm sure he's heard it as he smiled and looked away. 
 
"I'll get going now. I'm sorry." He said standing up and leaving to the door.
 
I was just sitting there in my bed trying to put things together into my mind. 'What's happening? Why is he so confusing?'. Last night he was furious and almost knocked the out of me. And right now he's the nicest guy in the world with such a deep loving voice and warm smiles.
 
I tried to get my mind off of this whole thing. I reached my mobile phone that I haven't used since the last time I tried to send a message to Luhan. There were 5 messages showing on the notification screen. I opened them one by one.
 
 
Luhan
10:43 PM
Ugh Tao I'm dying I need you here with me. My disgusting grandparents are making out in front of me!! Eww I can't take it anymore I wanna go back home.
 
I smiled at the message and went through the other ones expecting that they were all from Luhan.
 
Yifan
5:27 AM
Just touched down:) worst flight in my entire life i had to babysit dumb and dumber most time (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
 
Yifan
6:04 AM
Are u up?ಠ_ಠ
 
Yifan
8:37 AM
Wake up let's talk, i cnt sleep im jet lagged(-﹏-。)
 
Yifan
9:40
Tao u ok?
 
I didn't realize that I was crying again till a tear dropped on the screen. Yifan sent the last text 6 minutes ago, I quickly pressed the 'reply' button to pull up a blank page. I took a deep gusty breath while thinking of what I should write back to him. 
 
Luhan's name sprang into the screen, and the two options of 'accept' and 'reject' were all I could see. I quickly pressed into accept and let out a faint "Hello"
 
"Tao? Oh hey, how you doing?" He asked with his random happy tone of voice.
 
"I'm fine, how are you?"
 
"I'm okay" he paused "umm Tao is there something wrong?"
 
I couldn't hold my sobs back anymore, I just needed to vent it out. I missed Luhan and I really wish he was here with me.
 
"Hey are you crying? Tao tell me what happened?" He sounds worried very badly.
 
I told him about everything that has happened with Kris from the dinner with his father to the hard slap I've received from my mother. Luhan was shocked at first he could barely say anything but then he was so mad.
 
"Tao do not fall for what he's just done! Do not let him fool you, it's just a new game for him. Don't let him inside your house again.."
 
"I can't Lu I really can't. My Mom is okay with it she doesn't want to listen to anything I say about him a-and he's scary.. he's strong I can't push him away." I sobbed harder as I remembered how I was shaking in fear when he shoved me against the wall and barked into my face.
 
"don't cry please. There's nothing I could do when I'm stuck in here! I hate this" He screamed "Tao listen to me, Yifan called me few minutes ago, he said that he was worried about you because you didn't answer his texts, he tried to call you but the line wouldn't go through. I want you to write back to him, tell him that you're okay. Please Tao don't you mention Kris to him please, we'll both tell him about it after the competition. For now just stay at your house. Don't let him fool you Tao."
 
We lost connection as soon as he finished his words, I tried to call him back but his phone went straight to voicemail. I started to write a text for Yifan typing exactly what Luhan just told me, I didn't mention anything about Kris and I just typed few words of 'i'm ok, my phone was dead.' And I asked him about his flight and how cold is the weather there.
 
In less than a minute after I sent the text message my phone buzzed in my hand. It was a fast reply from Yifan and then came another one. He told me that he got worried about me and then talked about how cold it was that turned Chanyeol's ears red and how much he suffered in airport as Yixing forgot his suitcase in the airplane.
 
We spent the next few hours texting and I couldn't get any happier. I didn't know it was possible to get attached to someone through texts till I've experienced it with Yifan. He made me smile, not just once but several times and now it's seems that I cannot stop smiling. Few hours ago I was miserably crying and now I'm giggling to myself. Yifan had just saved my day.
 
It was already past midnight for Yifan when he said that he's going to sleep because they have such a busy day tomorrow. My stomach growled and I remembered that I haven't eaten anything yet. I went downstairs into the kitchen. I made a sandwich but only ate half of it. As the time passed slowly I got really bored and there was nothing I could do, I wanted to go out and just walk around but my face was swollen and there was a visible dark shade of red on my cheek.
 
I was ready to go to bed when my Mom came back home later at night, I heard the front door open and then some noises coming from her room just across mine. I decided to ignore her and just go to sleep, 'tomorrow is going to be better', I hoped.
 
As I just laid in bed and closed my eyes I heard some knocking on my door and then my Mom's voice demanding to come in. I ignored her presence and pretended to be asleep, I don't really have to power to put up with her, it's been such a long day and I'm so tired.
 
"Tao, I know you're not sleeping.." She sat next to me, putting her hand on my arm wanting me to turn around and talk to her. "I don't know what came over me this morning.. I just.. You snapped and I just wanted to stop you from saying some false words about Kris."
 
"It's not false words.." I stated bitterly.
 
"I know! Kris explained it all to me.. I'm sorry."
 
"You and Kris talked?" I asked, turning around to look at her.
 
"He came to work today, I was in a meeting but he just went in and dragged me out of the room... He's intimidating it's true!" She laughed. "He told me about everything he has done and I'm really sorry I've never listened to you Tao." she apologetically continued.
 
"Everything?" I asked, wondering if he's talked about Yifan or they still wanted to keep it a secret.
 
"Yes, He seemed to be such a bully and I'm really sorry I've never asked you about what you've been going through. He apologized a countless times and asked for forgiveness.."
 
"Did he mention other students as well?"
 
"Not really, he only talked about you."
 
"Didn't you ask him why he was doing this?"
 
"I did! He said that you were hanging with a group of losers, he never intended to harm you personally." She quoted his words.
 
"Oh.. Okay"
 
--
 
It's been 4 days since that 'Kris incident', I've never seen him or talked to him since then. My Mom was treating me a little bit nicer, it was obvious that she felt really guilty and tried hard to make it up to me. I forgive her, after all she's my mother, the only person I have.
 
On a Friday night, I was texting Yifan when my Mom came into my room.
 
"What are you doing?" She asked kindly, sitting at the bed next to me.
 
"Just texting a friend."
 
"Just a friend?"
 
"Yes, a friend." I repeated, looking at her confusedly.
 
"Then why are you blushing?"
 
"I'm not.. It's just hot."
 
"It's below 0 Tao, it's freezing." She laughed and I scowled at her.
 
It was silent for a while before she cleared and nervously started again "Mr.Wu just called. He wants us to have a dinner together again."
 
"Mom no! You promised that you won't let me be with Kris again." I whined, everything was back in it's place I was happy and I'm not ready for Kris to take it all away from me.
 
"I know Tao, I'm sorry but I couldn't think of an excuse. Just one more time. I promise I won't let you alone with Kris no matter what." She pleaded.
 
So here we are again sitting at the same table, same restaurant, fancy clothes and fancy everything. Kris was ignoring me, not even glancing at my direction. His father was nicer, he laughed as he brought up memories of him and my mother from their college days.
 
"So.. I was thinking of this trip for our employees, it's a reward for their massive success this year. Both of you and Tao are invited.." Mr.Wu said , directing his words to my mother.
 
I tensed up and my Mom's face twisted in a confused smile, "But I just started work, it would be unfair for other workers."
 
"It's definitely not, it's a great opportunity for you to get to know them."
 
I almost freaked out, I don't want to go with them. Kris is going to be there of course and my Mom would be so busy to keep an eye on me. At the thought of Kris I looked at him making sure that he was awake because he's been awfully silent. He looked back at me but then averted his eyes back to my mother as she let out another excuse for us not to go and I actually appreciated what she was doing. Mr.Wu insisted, not taking any other words from me or my Mom. I tensed up and looked at Kris again as if I was trying to find a way out of this mess. He was already staring, he said something but I couldn't hear him. I knitted my eyebrows and looked confusedly at him. He whispered the same thing again and I realized that he wanted me to read his lips which just said 'do you want to go?'. I had no clue what Kris wanted to do but I shook my head 'no' anyway.
 
"Oh, Dad.. I don't think I can go, I just remembered that our team have a basketball coaching for the next two weeks.." Kris said, faking an apologetic face.
 
"That's fine son, it's very important to attend, you're the captain after all. Don't you set a bad example for others." Mr.Wu laughed and patted Kris' back proudly. 
 
I was confused on why would Kris do that? Everything about him is so confusing. While my mother and Mr.Wu moved on another subject Kris was typing on his luxurious cell phone, he slid it in front of me while no one was looking. I carefully took the phone into my hands afraid it would slip and break. There was something written in the notes, I looked at Kris and he mouthed read.
 
'Tell them that you don't want to go with only old workers, say you want to stay with me i'm sure they'll approve. I promise i won't come near you! im just trying to help you i know how dad gets sometimes.'
 
I read the note twice, I took a deep breath thinking about what he has just typed. I can't trust Kris. What if he did something? I want to stay and I want my mom to go and have fun but what if this is all just a game from Kris?
 
'I can't trust you. and i don't know how to start about it with your dad.' 
 
I typed back and slid the phone back to him. He read with an annoyed face, he looked at me and raised an eyebrow, then he looked at his father who was too focused on the conversation he's having with my Mom.
 
"Dad do you mind if talked with Tao outside?" He asked politely and I almost chocked.
 
"Oh he did not finish his food.." My Mom saved me faster than expected. 
 
"He's not been eating anything since we came here." He laughed. "We'll be just right there." He pointed to the other door that led into a huge fountain, he stood up and walked out.
 
I smiled at my Mom and told her that it's okay, she could still see me through the glass wall. I wanted to see the fountain since last time we were here anyway and the place is more crowded now I'm sure Kris won't do anything bad.
 
I stepped out into the chill of the night and I shivered, I pulled my jacket tighter as I walked to the tall figure standing in front of the fountain.
 
"What do you want?" I asked, my breath puffed into a small wisps of clouds.
 
"I'm just trying to help okay? I wanted to make it up to you but you won't in let me!" He yelled at the top of his voice.
 
"Don't yell at me!" I said calmly, annoyed by the couple who were sitting at the far table looking at us.
 
"I'm not yelling at you!" The anger in his voice went even higher.
 
"Kris you are."
 
It's easy to tell how angry Kris was, his face was red, his narrowed eyes drilling into me, his fists were clenched and every muscle in his body seems to tighten up. But it's really hard to know the reason why he's acting like this. He's confusing, I can't figure him out.
 
He tried again after calming himself with such a deep inhale "I thought I would help you but you don't trust me at all, you'd rather spend two weeks with an old employees talking about work most of the time and getting drunk at 6 pm than staying here. I know you hate me, and I can tell how scared you get around me. I'm trying to change but you're not giving me any chance, I promised you I won't hurt you but you don't want to believe anything I in say!"
 
"Why you're doing this? Why you're being nice towards me? Why don't you hurt me just like you did to Luhan? Aren't we just the same? Aren't we both friends to the person you're after?" I lashed out, reminding Kris of when he went wrong.
 
"Luhan? Is this all because of what I did to Luhan? That was like 4 years ago! I was young and immature—" 
 
"That's not an excuse! You hurt him, the damage is done and he's still hurting over it. You played with his heart and used his feelings." I felt really proud at myself, I was standing up for my best friend, it's something I've never done but it felt nice.
 
"I'm sorry okay! I was in shock and out of my mind. Tell me what would you do when your whole life is a in lie and you suddenly have a twin brother?!" He shouted bitterly.
 
"I'm not the one you need to apologize to!"
 
"If.. If I apologized to Luhan would you give me a chance? Would everything be okay between us?" Kris asked, the hatred in his eyes turned into hope.
 
"Yes! But only if you drag Sehun into this, he broke his heart and he better say sorry." 
 
 
A/N: long hiatus brings long chapters ;) pls guys bless me with your comments.