First Day

Poles Apart

Tao's POV

Disasters always happen on the first day..

New house, new room, new school, new city, new people, zero friends. How awesome is that?

I said this while looking at the huge gates of my new school.. Mom said it's the best school in town and it's worldwide famous. I went inside looking at the decoration and it looked so cool I thought I'm starting to like it in here.

After checking up in the office and getting my schedule I went to my first class. The teachers were really nice to me and always mentioned that even though I'm Chinese I speak Korean perfectly fine.. After the teacher introduced me, the students kept giving me these weird looks as usual and I've always thought that there's something on my face but it's just my face.. you know.
The day was going on well and I was happy because few students welcomed me and that was a progress of course.. I was making my way to the cafeteria my new favorite place in the whole school that turned up to be in hell.

The food looked so delicious I wished if I could buy it all.. I picked a sandwich, milkshake and a muffin. I went to the cashier to pay for it and placed the tray on the counter so I could get the money out of my pocket. I was too focused counting the new bills that I'd never get used to when someone came and took my tray and just walked away.


3rd person POV

Tao was so shocked that something like that has happened, he called the guy but he never bothered to stop or even slow down. Tao wanted to follow him to teach him a lesson as he thought but the cashier held his hand.

"Oh no you're not going anywhere kid pay for your lunch!" The cashier said with his loud voice that drawn the attention of some students.

"B-but..that guy just stole it right in front of you." Tao said while trying to get free and looking back to catch some glimpse of the 'thief's' face.

"I don't care young man.. Please pay first then go sort it out with him." And that was when Tao threw all the bills he had in his hand which seemed to be even more than what he should pay.

He followed the guy who stole his food and now was sitting at one of the tables and actually eating it.

"What the are you doing?" Tao said as he came closer.

The guy looked at him like he was the most innocent creature on earth. He even took a look behind him and coldly answered with "are you talking to me?" 

"Oh yeah in thief!! You just stole my food in front of all the students and you're acting all innocent like you did nothing." Tao was raging he's always been the quite one but now he's screaming his lungs out.

"I didn't steal anything this is my food." The guy said while munching on the sandwich. 

"Are you insane or something? Look give it back to me and I won't hurt you." Tao said calming himself down and trying to reach an agreement with that guy. 

"Hurt me but after I finish the muffin okay?" Few students were laughing and Tao realized that they just made a big scene that the students stopped eating and were staring at Tao waiting for his next move.

"I swear I'll make you regret it." That was all he could say before he stormed off to the principle office. 

Tao waited more than 15 minutes to get to meet the principle as he convinced some teachers and secretaries that it's an important matter. He sat down and told the principle the whole story. The principle didn't utter a word he was too shocked that he's actually listening to this. 

"Look..um...wait what's your name again?" The principle interrupted the story Tao was telling. 

"Tao.. It's Zi Tao sir.." Tao answered enthusiastically

"Look Tao I'm not the right person you should talk to okay? I'm not here to solve students problems."           

"What?? There's a thief who's stealing other people's lunch and you don't see that as a huge problem.!!" Tao was yelling again he was so angry he just wanted to teach that a lesson.

"I told you that's not my job. Now you go to your class president and tell him your story he'll help you." The principle was being extra nice he didn't kick Tao out yet.

"Oh thank you sir.. But how do I know who's the class president?" Tao asked while standing up.

"Just ask other students!! Now please leave I've wasted enough time."

"Okay. Thank you sir I'll come back if I found that guy so you could file a report or just transfer him from the school." Tao bowed before leaving and closing the door behind him.

He went straight to his class and asked about the class president then a guy came to him. 
"Hey I'm Luhan I'm the class president."

Tao thought that this guy looks too young to be in a high school. He was shorter looking and had cute baby face.

"Oh.. Hi I'm Tao. The principle sent me, he said that you could help me with something." Tao said while moving to the class corner away from the noisy students.

"Yeah sure. What is it?" Luhan looked curious he wanted to know what was that important thing that the principle sent Tao for.

Tao started telling Luhan the story and what he noticed that Luhan made the exact same expression the principle did. And it was shock.

"Wait wait are you telling me you actually told the principle that? Whoa Tao you've got some guts." Luhan said and started to laugh which made Tao angry again.

"He stole my food!! I didn't eat anything since breakfast you know how hungry I am at the moment? Is that how you welcome the new students." Tao looked pissed off and that was scaring Luhan a little bit.

"Okay I'll help you get your money back. Do you know the guy? His name? What he looked like?" Luhan asked and took his notebook out of his pocket ready to scribble anything Tao would say.

"I don't know his name it's my first day. And the thing I noticed about him is that he's pretty tall like even taller than me." 

"Okay that's a good note because there are few people who are taller than you in this school you've lessened the suspects circle." Luhan said with a huge smile on his face. "Do you think you can tell me more about him? How he looked liked? Does he have a weird looking ears?" 

"I don't remember honestly I didn't look at his ears." Tao said a little bit disappointed with himself. 

"It's okay oh you know I think I've got a picture of this guy he knows one of my friends. Let me search for his sns account." Luhan said while getting his phone from his bag and started to search the guy's name.

Soon Luhan shoved his phone right into Tao's face and asked him if he recognized the boy. Tao took a careful look but it was not the wanted guy.

"It's not him." Tao whispered a little bit disappointed.

He was still holding the phone in his hand and by mistake he touched the screen and the picture zoomed out he took a closer look and started to scream.

 
"That's him that other guy next to him is the one who stole my food!!" Tao said while passing the phone to Luhan and pointing at the other guy.

"Tao are you sure? Look at him again are you sure he's the guy who did that to you?." Luhan asked and knitted his eyebrows.

"I'm sure I wouldn't forget his face. Do you know him?" 

"Yeah but he wouldn't do that to you I know him very well." Luhan wasn't believing that his friend did that to Tao so he wanted to make sure "You know what? Let's go meet him I'm sure he's not the one." 

"What are you saying Luhan it's him. I will never forget his face. Please just take me to him." 

Luhan went to the other building of the school and Tao followed him, he asked Luhan why they're going to the other building, and why does it seem bigger than the one they were in.

"Because that guy is a senior and basically they study here but we share the cafeteria, the library, and the gym together." Luhan explained as he was walking as fast as he could.

They reached a classroom and Tao got ready to throw some punches if the guy refused to give the money back. They went in and Tao scanned the class for the wanted guy but he couldn't find him instead there was this guy with weird looking ears who Luhan just showed him his picture. He saw Luhan talking to him and then came to Tao.

"Chanyeol said that he's in the lap studying." Luhan said as he went out of the classroom looking for the lap and Tao followed him.

"Chanyeol is his friend? He seems nice unlike that in thief." Tao said under his breath.

"Heey I've heard that!! Yifan is my best friend and I don't want you to call him names like that!!" Luhan looked small and helpless but when gets mad you'll see another side of him.

"He's a thief Luhan just because he's your friend that doesn't mean he's not at fault!!" 

"Let's not fight over it and go find him I'm sure you've mistaken him to someone else." Luhan walked to the lap where Yifan spent most of his time there.

Once Luhan opened the door Tao rushed inside and actually found Yifan studying. He was too focused he didn't even bother to look at the intruders. Luhan spoke first and called Yifan's name. He looked up and smiled at Luhan and Tao could tell that there's something wrong. The guy from the cafeteria didn't have this sparkle in his eyes. But it was him he's the one who stole the food. And when he talked his voice was exactly the same.

"What are you doing here Luhan? And who's your friend I've never seen him before." Yifan said and looked at Tao giving him one of the warmest smiles he has ever seen.

"You don't act like you did nothing! You've never seen me before huh?" Tao's voice was loud even if he didn't want to fight and just end this peacefully.

"What the ? Who you're calling an ? Look luhan if this is the prank that Chanyeol was talking about with you on the phone last week then please leave I have no time for this bull." Yifan looked back at his notebook not looking at Tao for even a second.

"Yifan we'll leave you alone just tell me the truth, did you really steal Tao's food?" Luhan begged with his puppy eyes.

"Who the is Tao? Which food?" 

"I'm Tao!! And stop this I've found you already. Please just say you're sorry I don't even want the money back." Tao pleaded he just wanted to end this awful day.

"I don't know what you're talking about? I would make it up to you but honestly can you tell me what happened?"

"God okay listen you I was paying at the cashier and you came and stole my tray when I talked to you about it you said that it was yours and you're not giving it back.!!" Tao was furiously pointing his finger at Yifan.

"It wasn't me okay? I didn't even go to the cafeteria. And before you around and act like a mad man make sure of who's the person you're accusing." Yifan stood up form his chair and came real close to Tao that the poor guy was taking some steps back to save himself from the raging hot scary giant in front of him.

"It w- was you." Tao whispered but it sound more like a cry.

"Tao it's not Yifan. Come with me I'll explain it." Luhan interfered and came closer to Yifan. He pushed him back to his seat and said something to him that Tao couldn't hear but it looked like he was calming him down. He turned around and ordered Tao to follow him out. 

"No i'm not going anywhere. It was him I saw him with my own eyes. It's him Luhan please believe me." And that was when Tao gave up and stopped putting up with the 'I am the man' attitude he just wanted to cry because one of his nicknames is ‘crybaby’ and that what actually happened, Luhan could see the unshed tears b at his lower lashes.

"Tao please come with me." Luhan held Tao's hand and went out of the room.

 


A/N: Thank you guys for your comments I really appreciate it. hope you like the first chapter.