Chapter 1

Infinite's New Maknae

Chapter 1:

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-RRIINNGG-

 

 

Sunggyu stretched his arms as he sat up on his bed and smile brightly, his eyes disappearing. Today was the day. Today was finally the day that Sunggyu will finally become a star! Yes, you heard correctly.

 

 

 A star!

 

 

His dreams were finally coming true. He went to audition into Woollim Entertainment but got cut. He thought that his dream had ended at that moment but he soon found himself talking to the CEO of the Entertainment about joining Infinite, one of the top boy band in the music industry.

 

 

He couldn't believe what he was hearing and excitingly agree when he heard 'join' and 'Infinite.' Sunggyu loves Infinite. He is their number 1 fanboy! He fell in love with each of the member characters and their musics.

 

 

 Woohyun's powerful voice, Myungsoo's dark, cold, yet handsome looks, Sungyeol's tallness and friendly interaction with others, Dongwoo's rapping and proud leader guiding, Hoya's awesome dancing steps, and lastly, Sungjong's confident yet sassy attitude.

 

 

Sunggyu admires each and everyone of them, wanting to be just like them. They are one of his role models after all.

 

 

He got off his bed and quickly headed to the bathroom to take a shower. He brushed his teeth before dressing himself as nice as possible before heading downstairs. He looked at his watch: 7:42, his eyes widen and ran downstairs.

 

 

Sunggyu ran out the door but then ran back inside grabbing a piece of toast and shouted, "Bye umma! I'll see you and appa later! Love you!"

 

 

He sighed in relief when he made it into the bus before it left him. He turned nervous when his watch shows 7:48. He bit his lower lip and kept glancing from his watch to the road. He had to be at the company's building front office before it reaches 8:00. He ran out the bus but didn't get far until he trips on flat cement, injuring his right arm and dirtying his clothing. His eyes got teary but he pushes himself up, sprinting to the company's building.

 

 

When he reached the door, he spotted a man waiting impatiently as he looked at his watch from time to time. He ran into the building and shouted apologetically, "I'm sorry for being late! I had some trouble!" He bowed a 90 degreed and shut his eyes tightly, scared that he was going to get yell at.

 

 

The older man sighed a bit, "It's okay, I'm just in a hurry today and you’re on time actually, 8:00." Sunggyu instantly look up to the man before looking at his watch, 8:00. He smiled brightly and mentally cheer for himself for still being on time even after tripping over flat cement.

 

 

"Anyways, I'm Cho Hyoan, one of Infinite's managers." Hyoan introduces himself.

 

 

Sunggyu quickly bow, "Ah, I-I'm Lee S-Sunggyu, the-the new m-member" He stuttered. Hyoan chuckled at the boy nervousness. It was cute.

 

 

"Yes, I know. And please follow me, were going to go meet your two other managers and the members." Hyoan guided the way as Sunggyu follow nervously.

 

 

He was so excited this morning but now he felted scared and afraid. He suddenly felt like a burden for just coming out of nowhere and joining a group who have been successful for two and a half years now. He sighed but hurried when Hyoan told him to hurry a bit.

 

 

 INFINITE'S Dance Room

 

 

Sunggyu read the sign as his heart speed up faster as well as his palms getting sweaty for the nervousness. Hyoan laughed a bit at the younger and told him not to worried since the members and two other managers were really nice. Sunggyu calm down a bit hearing those words but still have butterflies in his tummy.

 

 

 I mean, who wouldn't when they're going to get to meet their most favorite band in the world!

 

 

Sunggyu held his breath when Hyoan open the practice room. The boys stop their dance when the door open. The room became silent and awkward with everyone staring at Sunggyu.

 

 

Sunggyu immediately bow a 90 degreed bow. "A-Annyeonghaesyo! I'm L-Lee Sung-Sunggyu, the new maknae!" Hyoan could only chuckle at the boy. Just too cute stuttering every time he speaks.

 

 

No responds were given to Sunggyu, making him felt even more awkward after practically shouting at the people he admires.

 

 

The six boys stood stun at who barged in. They couldn’t believe their eyes as they scan the shy boy over. His cheeks were chubby and his shy adorable smile made him look even cuter then he should be. Wow, a beauty he is. Everyone stood speechless, making the room fill awkward and empty. 

 

 

"J-Jang Dongwoo. Infinite's leader and main rapper." Sunggyu look up to see Dongwoo literally drooling as he introduces himself. Sunggy giggled, making the leader slightly blush at the cute laugh. 

 

 

After Dongwoo introduces himself, everyone else quickly pushes each other and tries to introduced themselves to the cute younger boy. Sunggyu smiled adorably, maybe it isn’t going to be as bad as he thought it’ll be. 

 

 

“Owie.” Sunggyu pouted. The wound on his arm started hurting. He had totally forgotten about his wound because of how silly his new hyungs look like as they fight and argue with each other. 

 

 

Everyone suddenly turned to Sunggyu and asked if he was okay, where was he hurt, and etc. Sunggyu pointed to his right arm and pouted, tears starting to swell up in his eyes. He didn’t want to cry because man don’t cry but the tears wouldn’t listen and soon, he started crying about the ‘owie’ on his arm. 

 

 

A river soon started rolling down Sunggyu’s cute chubby cheeks. His chubby cheeks turned red from all his crying until Dongwoo bandaged his wound and gave him a lollipop. The younger crying turns to sniffles. Sunggyu wipe away the tears and with pouty lips, he unwrapped the lollipop before plotting it into his mouth. 

 

 

He on the lollipop deliciously while the Infinite members watched him hungrily. Oh, how they wish to taste his pouty red lips. 

 

 

Sunggyu look up and catches everyone off guard. They all coughed awkwardly, pretending to act as usual but all blushes in the end when they heard Sunggyu giggled. 

 

 

Hyoan, watching the whole scene smiled in satisfaction. He shouted a ‘I’ll be back later, take care of Sunggyu for me’ before he exited the practice room. Soon enough, everyone was pushing themselves to Sunggyu again, wanting his attention. 

 

 

After a whole day of non-practicing and just wanting Sunggyu’s attention, it turned dark. Hyoan came back to the practice room and jaw dropped at the sight in front of him. Sunggyu was soak up and only wearing a white button up shirt with two top buttons undone. He looked for the other members but no one else was in the room. The room was wet with tons of empty water bottles laying around. 

 

 

When Sunggyu spotted Hyoan at the door he giggled, “Hyoan hyung! I playing water fight with hyungs them!” Sunggyu excitingly said.

 

 

Hyoan on the other hand sighed, really boys? Taking advantages of an innocent boy. “Where are the other Sunggyu?” He asked. 

 

 

Sunggyu shrugged. “I don’t know. I was hiding when hyungs them all attacked me with water and then I ran to hide here.” He explained. “Hyungs them are cheating Hyoan hyung! I told them they were cheating because they were only wetting me but they say that I looked nice wet so that it wasn’t cheating.” Sunggyu pouted. “I still think they’re cheating.” 

 

 

Hyoan gapped at what Sunggyu told him. Those erted boys!

 

 

“Come on Sunggyu, let’s get you change before I send you home.” Hyoan shrugged off what Sunggyu told him earlier and grabbed the younger boy. They headed to a changing room as Hyoan handed the boy a new outfit. 

 

 

Sunggyu suddenly sneezes. He whined and rubbed his nose before completely changing his clothes “Ta-dah!” Sunggyu happily came out of the changing room. Hyoan smiled, patting his head before gesturing the boy to follow him out. 

 

 

 

“Thank you Hyoan hyung!” Sunggyu thanked the older male for driving him home. 

 

 

Hyoan smiled, “You’re welcome Sunggyu.” He said. “Oh, also, tomorrow will be the day you move into the dorms with the other boys okay? Remember to pack your bags!” He said before he drove off. 

 

 

Sunggyu happily skip off to his house but a sudden pounding pain on his head made him sulked. He was suddenly feeling dizzy and cold. His eyes turned teary as he walked to the front door. There was only one reason Sunggyu will suddenly cried out for no reason, when he’s sick. He dizzily made his way to his room and started packing as Hyoan ask him too. When he finished packing, he lay on his bed and soon, everything started to get hazy.

 


"Gyu baby." A knock came from the other side of his door.

 

 

He couldn’t do anything but to only listen, he was too weak to answer. Another knock came.

 

 

"Gyu baby, please open the door."

 

 

 "......" Nothing came from Sunggyu, he was too tired and burning hot.

 

 

"Please baby, don't scare umma." The knock became louder as the man on the other side begins to panic.

 

 

The front door of their house opens then closes. "Hae!" The man scream and rushes downstairs to his husband.

 

 

"Hyukkie baby, what's wrong?" Donghae ask his wife.

 

 

Eunhyuk panic, "G-Gyu won't open his door or an-answer me. I-I think he's sick." Donghae rush to his son's room and started banging on the door.

 

 

"Gyu, this is appa! Please open the door!" Donghae stop banging on the door and waited for a replied.

 

 

"A-ppa... u-umma..." Sunggyu’s tiny voice could be heard from the inside.

 

 

Donghae rushes downstairs and open a drawer, fishing out some spare keys and rushes back to his son's room. He unlocks the door.

 

 

Eunhyuk was in tears. "Gyu baby!" He rushes to his son side with tears in his eyes and hug him tightly.

 

 

"U-umma." Sunggyu whispered.

 

 

Eunhyuk's eyes widen. "Baby, you're burning hot."

 

 

Donghae came in the room with a bowl of water and a towel. He places the wet towel on his son's head before letting the boy sleep while having to pull his worried wife away from the sleepy boy and headed to the living room.

 

 

Eunhyuk sat on Donghae's lap. "Hae, I don't think being a singer is good for our baby." Eunhyuk snuggle into Donghae's chest.

 

 

Donghae his wife's head. "It's okay baby. He just wanted to be like his appa and umma."

 

 

Eunhyuk pouted, "But my baby has a weak immune system and heart!”

 

 

 Donghae chuckled, "Yes baby, but do you really think he’ll listen to us when he had already achieved his dreams?”

 

 

Eunhyuk pouted again, “I hated when you’re right.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Back!!!

Happy New Years Everyone!!

Enjoyed!

Annyeong, Until Next Time!