Love Triangle

Only In My Dream

That night, He Yi, Jeremy, and Tae Kyung showed up at Aunt Mi Ja's house, and Mi Nam invited them to his room. Jeremy complained because they had been used to having four members, and now, it felt stuffy to have six members studying together again.

"Got a problem with that?" Tae Kyung shot at Jeremy.

"Anio," Jeremy sheepishly replied.

"As usual, we will have the study by partners," Shin Woo said.

He proposed He Yi and Mi Nam, Jeremy and Mi Nyu, then he and Tae Kyung.

"You do not mind me being your partner, right, Tae Kyung-ah?" Shin Woo asked.

The class president thought that the secretary was trying to piss him off, so he shot back.

"Of course, I do mind," he shouted. "I want He Yi to be my partner for tonight."

"Oh, but I like Mi Nam-ah to be my partner!" He Yi "innocently" said.

Jeremy, Mi Nyu, and Shin Woo saw the exchange of heated words between He Yi and Tae Kyung, and thus Mi Nam got irritated.

"Ya! He Yi gets to pair with Tae Kyung, I pair up with my twin, arasseo?" he snapped.

"Fine with me," Jeremy said.

"Good," Tae Kyung said.

Shin Woo noticed that there was something between the president, the male twin, and the bully fairy. He was glad that he and Mi Nyu were out of the trouble, but Mi Nam getting into trouble troubled him. For one, Mi Nam is Mi Nyu's twin, and anything happening to the male twin will worry Mi Nyu. Second, the male twin is his best friend.

He Yi was a bit furious to be paired up with Tae Kyung, because the last time they were paired up, they were arguing regarding the right formula to be used.

"Oh, but I thought you enjoyed being with me!" Tae Kyung taunted her.

"Of course," she said. "Because you are my Oppa!"

They looked at her being sweet and mushy at the class president. Shin Woo watched Mi Nam's reaction. The male twin was busy preparing his study materials and did not care about the exchange of more heated words.

**********

The next day, after classes.

Shin Woo passed by Mi Nyu's locker. As he tried to open her locker to give her a love letter, she came on time.

"Shin Woo-hyung?" she happily said.

He gave her a kiss in front of all jealous girls, and he handed her his love letter.

"Awww.... gomawo," she said. 

He waited as she delved through her bag, and she handed him her love letter too.

"Awww.... love letter.... I am so jealous!" one girl said.

"Mi Nyu is so old-fashioned!" one bitter girl whispered to her friend. "If I were Mi Nyu-ya, I'd write on his Facebook wall everyday."

The sweet couple did not know it, so they went to the auditorium to join the rest of the band. 

*****

The practice started after classes, and it went smoothly, thanks to the music teacher's firm guidance. The band was composing the song, but Tae Kyung's attention was still at He Yi.

"Ya, Hyung," Jeremy caught his attention.

"Hyungnim, gwaenchanhseumnikka?" Mi Nyu asked Tae Kyung in concern.

His illusions were suddenly broken when she asked him. Suddenly, he remembered his little crush for her, so he answered her discreetly.

"Ah...ne...."

Shin Woo got a bit jealous again when the leader answered Mi Nyu gently, so Shin Woo casually placed his arm around her. Tae Kyung pursed his lips in anger and concentrated on his musical piece. Yet, he suddenly forgot about his little incident with Shin Woo, as he got his other attention back to He Yi.

"You'll be into me again, He Yi," Tae Kyung thought as he wrote the musical pieces on the sheets.

******

After the practices, Shin Woo approached his best pal.

"Mi Nam-ah, can we talk?" 

Mi Nam noticed the seriousness in his friend's voice, so they went to the rooftop to talk.

********

Mi Nyu went to the jetty, but she was disappointed because her namja was not there.

"Maybe, he is busy," she thought.

A halabeoji approached her.

"Ah, young lady, are you waiting for your namjachingu?" he asked.

"Ah, annyeong hashimnikka?" Mi Nyu greeted politely. "Ah, anio. He says he is busy, so he cannot come here."

The halabeoji told her that although the two of them look cute, they need to concentrate on their studies.

"Study hard, and reach for the stars," he told the young lass.

Then, the old man left, and Mi Nyu bowed as she thanked him.

"Hmm.... Halabeoji must have seen us here often," Mi Nyu thought.

She tried to call Shin Woo, and he answered.

"Ah, geuraeyo? Ah.... Arasseoyo...."

After hanging up, she went home.

******

"What is it?" Mi Nam asked.

Shin Woo told him what he noticed about Tae Kyung.

"Soo~~~~~, he is jealous because I got to be with He Yi?" Mi Nam asked slyly.

"Ne," the guitarist said.

"Why would he be jealous of me? It is as if there is something going on between me and He Yi," Mi Nam said.

"That is why you need to get your guard up, because Tae Kyung did not know that you are not joining his little game," Shin Woo warned him. "Just be watchful when he will go up against you in all fields, be it in the band, school, and others."

"Ara," Mi Nam said confidently. "Don't worry, Shin Woo-hyung. Gwaenchanha."

Then, a phone rang. Shin Woo realized it was his, so he answered it.

"Oh, Mi Nyu-ya?" he said. "Oh, I am chatting with Mi Nam-ah. Just go home, all right?"

"Arasseoyo," the girl said in the other line.

"Take care," he said.

When he hung up, he gave a serious look at his friend. 

"I gotta go," he said. "Just remember my warning."

"Johayo," Mi Nam said as they exchanged shoulder slaps.

*********

Unknown to Mi Nam, Mi Nyu was almost molested, and when Shin Woo said that he needed to go, the guitarist needed to act like a shadow and a secret bodyguard to his own girlfriend. He wanted to be with her when she gets home, but he also thought it would do her some good to be autonomous so that she can also decide which way was safe to go.

(Aww~~~~ ♥)

And there, when he left the school, he tried to call her so that he could "stalk" her.

"Ah, I am in the ice cream store, Shin Woo-hyung," she said over the other line. "I want to share ice cream with you all during group study."

He got there and hid, then followed her secretly all the way home. When she got in the gate, he smiled.

"I love you, Mi Nyu-ya," he said. "You don't know, but I am here for you. Take care...."