Tae Kyung And He Yi

Only In My Dream

He Yi went to her chair and sat down. When she opened the drawer of her table, she found lots of ants coming out. She screamed in fright, and all the other guys went to her aid.

"What's wrong?" the vice president asked.

"See? Lots of ants in my desk drawer!" she freaked out.

The guys got her desk and went outside. And from inside the classroom, He Yi looked out the window and saw lots of bees swarming around the beehive.

"Ewww.... I hate insects," she complained to her girl friends.

"Who would have placed ants in your desk drawer?" one friend asked.

"I don't know," the fairy replied. "But if there is someone who puts them in there, then I am so gonna punish that person."

The twins came in and sat down on their desk silently. He Yi frowned when she looked at the pig rabbit girl.

"Mi Nyu," she called out. "Did you put ants in my drawer?"

The twins looked at her.

"Anio!" Mi Nyu retaliated. "What made you think I did it?"

"Only one thing, my dear," He Yi shot back. "Revenge."

"And why would I do that? Ants hurt, you know," Mi Nyu answered back.

Mi Nam looked at his twin and clapped his hands for her common sense.

"See? My sister is more intelligent than you are," he told the fairy.

He Yi stormed angrily and grabbed Mi Nyu by the hair. Her friends joined in the fight, and Mi Nam had to pull the girls off. The other guys did not help because they were afraid of He Yi. Just then, He Yi kicked Mi Nyu's knees, and the latter fell on the floor.

"Mi Nyu-ya!" Mi Nam screamed.

The president and the secretary came in, and saw the chaos.

"What's going on here?" Tae Kyung piped up.

Shin Woo noticed Mi Nyu on the floor, so he instantly went to her and helped her up. As he helped her, he looked at He Yi in anger, and He Yi gave him the same angry stare.

"You wanna fight, huh?" He Yi challenged Shin Woo.

"He Yi!" Tae Kyung shouted at her, and the fairy looked at him in contempt.

"Ige mwoya!!!!!" a female voice  broke the silence of the room.

Everybody turned to see Wang-seonsaengnim at the door.

************

The class president, vice president, secretary, the twins, He Yi, and her friends all gathered inside the classroom, while the rest of the class was in the library doing some research.

"Now, tell me what happened," Wang-ssaem asked in authority.

He Yi tried to lie, but the vice president spoke first. He told the teacher that He Yi was complaining of ants in her drawer, so he and two of his friends went out, bringing the desk with them to get rid of the ants. Then, Mi Nam told the rest of the story, until the time that Tae Kyung and Shin Woo got in the room.

"Hmm...so Tae Kyung and Shin Woo had nothing to do with this, so both of you are saved," the teacher said.

She even excused the vice president because he was out when the chaos occured. And so, she punished the rest by having them sit on their legs and putting their hands up on the air outside the classroom.

"Why am I included, Ssaem?" Mi Nam asked.

"Because you joined in!" Wang-ssaem told him.

"But I just defended Mi Nyu," he responded.

"But you still joined!" the teacher replied. "Ga!"

The punished students went out of the room and served punishment. Just then, Jeremy came in the classroom, looking a bit flustered.

"Where is my chocolate bar?" he asked no one as he searched his drawer.

"Why are you here?" Wang-ssaem asked him.

"Ssaem, I was worried for my chocolate bar," he replied.

"What brand of chocolate bar?" the vice president said.

"Snickers. Wae?" the Brit innocently asked.

"Was it slightly opened?" the VP asked again.

"Ah, ne! Have you seen it?" Jeremy asked.

"So, it was you who placed chocolate in my desk?" He Yi shouted as she stood up from her punishment.

"Huh? Was it your desk?"

And Tae Kyung realized that Jeremy and He Yi were in the same column, and the half-Brit might have mistaken his place for He Yi's. Jeremy looked at everybody with innocent eyes, and the teacher had to explained what had happened.

"And why did you not know that it even happened?" the teacher asked.

Jeremy swallowed hard, and admitted sheepishly. "Sorry for being late, teehee...."

He indeed was late, for he still had his bag on his back. The teacher also let him join He Yi and the rest of the punished students. Jeremy cried when he was punished too.

"You are soooo gonna regret this!" He Yi hissed at him.

The rest of the students went to the library, and only Tae Kyung was left to facilitate the punishment. He stood in front of the queue like he was the leader of the army. His classmates had been complaining of sore arm muscles already.

"Oppa, please let me go already, huh?" He Yi pleaded sweetly.

"Hmph! You started this!"

"No! Jeremy started this!" He Yi shouted.

"I said I'm sorry!" Jeremy shot at her.

Tae Kyung called Jeremy and told him to stand and go to the library. He also called the twins to do the same. He Yi looked at Tae Kyung in contempt for relieving Mi Nyu from the punishment.

"Oppa? How about us?" her friends complained.

Tae Kyung looked at his watched. "I have ten minutes and forty seconds to punish you girls."

"Including me?" He Yi asked sweetly.

"Excluding you!" he snapped at her.

"Hwang Tae Kyung, you are sooooo gonna regret this!" He Yi threatened.

At the appointed time, Tae Kyung let the other girls go, and only He Yi was left. He squatted in front of her and leaned forward, and she threw at him a sharp glare.

"I think I could punish you for the double-period," Tae Kyung said. "And I think I can call it a blessing in disguise that Math was made double-period."

"Huh! I'm gonna tell Wang-ssaem!" she threatened.

"Geurae!" Tae Kyung said in fake shock. "Tell her, and she is gonna tell you that I am in charge."

He Yi frowned at him angrily. Just then, a grumbling sound was heard between the two of them.

"What was that?" Tae Kyung asked.

"It's me," He Yi admitted. "I did not eat breakfast."

Tae Kyung saw beads of sweat on her face, though he really knew that she had the tendency not to sweat much. She was very pale, but she was holding on to the punishment.

"Gwaenchanha?" he suddenly asked in concern.

"I am always fine, thank you very much!" she sarcastically replied, oblivious to his concern. "I am used to not eating breakfast."

He held her hand and placed them down, but she was adamant and held her hands up.

"Punish me if you have to!" she bitterly said. "You always favor that good-for-nothing Mi Nyu!"

She had her temper tantrums again, and he said he would side with Mi Nyu because He Yi was being a bully.

"Now, put your hand down," Tae Kyung said.

He helped her as she tried to stand up, and she felt her legs numbing.

"We have one hour to go," Tae Kyung said. "Let's go to the library."

He Yi hobbled behind Tae Kyung as they went to the library.

******************

"My arms ache!" Jeremy complained to Shin Woo.

"Why did you leave your choco bar?" the secretary asked.

"I totally forgot!" Jeremy said in defense.

They looked at Tae Kyung sit with the vice president and his friends, and they saw He Yi walked past them to the bookshelves at the back part of the library.

"Looks like Fake Fairy had the punishment the most!" Jeremy triumphantly said.

After Math class, the students went back to their classroom, and Tae Kyung had them file into a single line. But there was no sign of a hobbling girl, so he instructed his VP to go ahead and bring everyone back to the room.

He went back to the library to search for He Yi, and he found her near the far bookshelves, and she lying on the floor .

"He Yi!" he called out in a whisper.

He went to her and shook her shoulder.

"Ya, ya, gwaenchanha?" he asked in panic.

He cradled her in his arms and shook her again. "Ya!"

He was frustrated because the girl in his arms was unresponsive.

"Wang-ssaem is so gonna scold me for this," he said.

He Yi heard him and gave him a soft slap on his face.

"My arms hurt, you know, and I am so hungry," she said with her eyes close.

At least, she was responsive, and she slowly opened her eyes.

"I am telling my parents," she threatened him gently.

"Tell them," Tae Kyung gently told her. "I am not afraid of you."

They continued their battle of wits even if they looked so sweet and were talking gently to each other.

"I'll treat you to breakfast," he told her.

She shook her head. "I don't eat breakfast, remember?"

Tae Kyung helped her to her feet, and he got something from his pocket. Then, he held her hand and handed her something.

"What's this?" she asked, and when she opened her hand, she found a piece of candy.

"A piece of candy helps give me sugar rush and concentration even for 30 minutes," he said. "We have a test today after Math, and you cannot afford to pass out."

He Yi smirked at him before hobbling ahead of him. He pursed his lips for her ungratefulness, because she never thanked him for the candy for the piece of advice.