Show Me....

Only In My Dream

Friday afternoon.

Ten bands from different high schools gathered in the city auditorium, where the interschool band showdown was to be held. It was a hot day, and the students crammed in the venue to avoid the rays of the sun. The principals of the schools also sent two teachers to accompany the students.

A few selected students from Ahn Godeunghakgyo were there to watch their contingent. Among them were Mi Nyu, He Yi, and the vice president of the class. Five students from each section from first grade to third grade where there, according to the rules of the competition, since the venue was also made into consideration.

"Gonna cheer for Tae Kyung, are you?" He Yi bullied Mi Nyu again.

"Ah...ye...but I am here for Mi Nam-oppa," Mi Nyu responded.

The fairy told her not to cheer for Tae Kyung, as she will be the one to cheer for him. Mi Nyu remembered her promise to Shin Woo to cheer for them (and not just for him), so she declined He Yi's warning.

********

The band leaders came backstage to cast lots, and AN Jell were to perform as the ninth contestant. Then, they sat down and told their members regarding the sequence.

"Let's do this," Mi Nam told them.

"We will make our school proud," Tae Kyung said.

Shin Woo nodded silently, while Jeremy happily kissed his Jolie scarf good luck.

********

The MC came and thanked everyone for coming, and he gave a lot of announcements. Even the organizer of the event came and made his speech. And finally, the MC stated the rules. The rules of the competition had said that they could sing either in Korean, Japanese, and English mixed with Korean or Japanese (not entirely English), and they need to sing at least two songs. Then, he introduced the first band.

The other contestants played first, and it did not feel like a competition at all. The people were totally enjoying it like there was indeed a real concert. 

Then, AN Jell, the ninth in the competition, and they sang "Promise" and "Still/As Ever." Because the guys literally had good looks (and some girls noticed the cute Jolie scarf of the drummer), the band received much better reception than the other bands.

"OPPA!!!!" He Yi shouted. "Jeongmal saranghae, Tae Kyung-oppa!!!!"

Mi Nyu did not know how to cheer like He Yi, so she just fisted her hands and did the "hwaiting" act. She jumped up and down and smiled from ear to ear as she cheered for her classmates. Their other classmates, batchmates, and schoolmates cheered on, most especially for Mi Nam, who afforded time to throw flying kisses to everyone.

******

It was almost five when the judges decided, and to keep the crowd preoccupied, the MC did some corny jokes and corny stunts. The students were also laughing hard because the MC was so lame, and Wang-ssaem had to hide her face in shame (she felt embarrassed for the MC).

"Ugh! His lame attempt is just like yours!" Wang-ssaem said to Ma-ssaem.

"Oh, but I dance better than him," Ma-ssaem replied.

And finally, the judges gave the vote. It was a weird votation, because the judges decided to say the group number instead of the group name, so they had to listen carefully. Of course, each school was only interested in the number of their bet.

Second runner up, number seven.

And the seventh group came and received their trophy. Claps were also given to them.

First runner up, group number four.

The members went up the stage to receive their trophy.

All the other groups hoped that they will receive the prices of the winner, mainly, the trophy, free movie passes for six months, and a photo opp with FT Island.

And then, the MC announced the winner, who happened to be Group number....

....

Nine.

"WHOHOOOOO!!!!!!! DAEBAK!!!!!" Jeremy shouted at the top of his lungs, and the rest of them exchanged high-fives. 

The students of Ahn cheered and congratulated their band, and so they watched the band enter the stage. Tae Kyung, being the leader and the class president, was very fluent, and he spoke as if he had been to different award nights, including the Baeksang Arts Awards. The judges gave them some credit-card looking cards (well, cards), which was to be used for six months to get access to movies for free, and they could use it for themselves or with other friends or family members, as long as the owner is present at the time of use.

"I cannot believe this!" Mi Nam said. "I could watch all the movies I want!"

"I think I'd hit the movie houses now," Jeremy whispered.

"Me too!" Mi Nam agreed.

Tae Kyung was still giving his speech, while Shin Woo was thinking about his sunset date with Mi Nyu.

******

"Chukhahae!!!!!" the Ahn students greeted the band.

"Oh, gamsahaeyo, gamsahaeyo..." the band replied.

The teachers with them congratulated them, and they announced that they needed to get to school at this instant so that the students can get their bags and go home. And so, the students and teachers went back to school.

********

Mi Nam told Mi Nyu that there was an interesting movie showing.

"Breaking Dawn," Mi Nam grinned. "Wanna come?"

"Joesonghamnida, Oppa," Mi Nyu said. "I have somewhere to go."

And she ran out of the room. Tae Kyung was also bragging about his card, and He Yi stated that she wanted to watch a movie.

"So, Hwang Tae Kyung, you should treat me to a movie for free!"

"Shireo!" Tae Kyung snapped.

But He Yi grabbed him by the collar and kissed him in front of his classmates. All were shocked at her doing, and so, after the kiss, the rest of the class teased them and challenged Tae Kyung by telling him to treat his "girlfriend" to the movie.

"Aish... Shireo!" Tae Kyung said.

But Jeremy and Mi Nam were so willing to share with He Yi, who would have none of it.

"I want Tae Kyung," she said.

All the other students cheered his name, so Tae Kyung could not do anything but do her demands.

********

Mi Nyu ran to the jetty to watch the sunset. It was quarter to six, and the sun was about to really, really set.

"Shin Woo-hyung," she called out.

After getting his bag in school, he went straight here because of the promise. He watched her stopping to pant.

"You really ran all the way, huh," he told her as he motioned her to sit.

Mi Nyu sat down beside him and told him that she kept her promise to him.

"I cheered for all of you even if He Yi was forbidding me to cheer for Tae Kyung," she shared.

"Is she his girlfriend?" he replied, very amused. "Why, she is too possessive!"

He also said that he kept his promise to her. Mi Nyu knew that something had happened between the two of them yesterday, but she tried to forget it because she wanted to spend time and be with him. He also tried to forget the drift  between them, and he just stayed there to enjoy her company.

"I am so glad to have a friend like you," he said. "I can have someone who can watch a movie with me."

"Jeongmalyo?" she excitedly asked, remembering about the free movie passes. "When are we watching a movie?"

"I guess, today," he said. "Wanna come?"

And she nodded.

"Everybody has been talking about 'Breaking Dawn'," Mi Nyu said. "Uh, what is it about?"

"You mean, you never knew about the Twilight saga?" he asked.

She confessed not knowing about it. He smiled and told her he would not be watching it, as he was wanting to catch a romantic comedy flick.

"Jeo do (me too)!" she said. "I want to laugh."

The things which had happened to them before had given them tears, and this time, they were giving each other a chance to enjoy each other's company, laugh, and have a good time. They continued watching the sunset as they sat side by side, and he allowed her to lean her head on his shoulder. When the sun was gone, he announced that they go to the movie house.