You’re My Melody

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I. JUST. LUV. HIM. IN. THIS. PHOTO!

Only if I find him sitting like this at home.... *My imagination is working wonders now*

 

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

This is going to be a long chapter. You have been warned :)

 

Reya POV

 

Jaejoong sighed in relief.

“Can’t I even spend some time with you alone?” He mumbled. “They’re like everywhere!”

“I thought you are used to this?” I raised my brows at him

“I am” He changed the gear “But I’m worried about you”

“I’ve been living with you long enough to get used to it” I replied. “So don’t worry about me”

“Pssft” He rolled his eyes and leaned to grab his glasses.

With one hand, he wore it and I simply admired his side profile. A part of me still feels like this is a dream – to have met him last year, live with him and now become his girlfriend. Is this luck or destiny? I’m still not sure, but I’m loving every second of it. He is now acting for a drama yet he cleared his schedule to spend some time with me. Yes, we got busted and ran for our lives but that is what excites me the most. It feels like an adventure movie with him even though I have to be cautious and careful at how I behave since I’m judged by a lot of people now. My mom who usually scowls at me in the phone whenever a video of him teasingly removing his shirt on stage is uploaded in YouTube but now she shrieks in joy whenever a photo of me is posted online. I guess she has accepted him and I’m happy. Dad on the other hand is rather jumpy. He keeps on asking me if I’m sure of Jaejoong and my answer is always the same. We’ve not introduced each other to our families yet due to his busy schedule and that is keeping daddy on the edge since he doubts Jaejoong’s sincerity towards me. We’ve only been together for almost 4 months. Our love is still young and we’re getting to know each other’s flaws and insecurities. So I have clearly told daddy to keep quiet and to trust me.

But I’m pretty sure he’ll grumble again pretty soon….

 

I held my hand while looking at the window but hissed in pain.

“What’s wrong?” Jaejoong turned to me but looked back at the road “Reya, are you hurt somewhere?”

“It’s nothing” I hid my left outer palm from his sight. “Just drive me to Nate’s”

“Why?” He questioned mainitaining focus on the road.

“You realise Heyri is there right?” I reminded him.

Laura managed to get a position as English teacher in Soph’s school so she volunteered to bring her from home every day. I usually pick the both of them from school and spend some time with her and later go back home before Jaejoong comes but since yesterday I stay back with Nathan since It’s rather boring without Jaejoong at home.

“We’ll take Heyri and go home then.”

“Aren’t you needed at work?”

“I know when to go to work.”

“Didn’t you say you won’t be coming home till-”

“Why? Can’t I now come home whenever I want?”

“I didn’t mean like that. It’s just that you said-”

“Aren’t you going to listen to me Reya?”

I decided to remain quiet. The last thing I want is to piss him off. Nope, pissed off Kim Jaejoong is scary as hell.

“We are picking up Heyri and going home”

I inwardly grunted but looked outside.

“Are you listening to me or not?”

I’m going to get killed once he finds out that I was living at Nate’s the since yesterday. Darn it! I was going play tennis with him in the evening…...

 

Back at home....

 

Jaejoong slammed the door shut and threw his keys away.

“You were living with him?!” He barked. “You took JiJi too!”

“I can’t leave him alone, here right?” I hesitantly replied, stepping behind once those fiery eyes turned scary.

“I leave you alone and you run to him! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

I didn’t dare to look him in the eye. Little Soph flinched and held onto my hand tightly.

“Heyri-ah, go to your room” He ordered rather sternly.

She let go of me and ran to her room. A part of me wished to lock myself up in the room too but I’d rather finish the argument right here, right now rather than letting it prolong. Besides, I did nothing wrong. Nathan casually suggested me to crash at his place because he missed me and Soph. I know that I had to get used to him being away but come on! Give me a break! I’m human too and this was our first parting! It took everything in me to not catch the next flight and visit him on set and then he had the nerve to tell me that he had to stay back longer!

“Why did you do that?” He asked after a nerve-wracking moment of silence. His voice was sounded his usual airy way but it was rather stern.

“I did nothing wrong” I muttered pulling the fabric of denims.

“You saw how they behaved, didn’t you? I was there and I thought I might lose you in the crowd. Just imagine how I’d feel when I realise that you were living in that normal apartment the whole time?!”

“It was only since yesterday!” I justified “And Nathan will make sure-”

“No! You are MY responsibility and MINE ONLY”

“You weren’t here alright?! I got fed up waiting alone after your phone call so-”

“So every time I go on tour, you’ll be in another man’s house?”

“Nathan isn’t another man!”

“HE IS! TO THE WORLD!”

I shot him a glare but stopped meeting his sad, tired eyes. He slumped over the couch and heaved a deep sigh.

“How many times am I to tell you jagiya? You can’t behave carefree with men like you used to” He hid his face in his hands and looked at me. His disappointment was obvious and it twisted my very soul “I don’t want a single article about you being spotted with another man online, even if he is Nathan. Because you have NO IDEA how wrongly people would misinterpret it.”

I stayed glued to my feet. Words cannot describe what I’m feeling now. His words hit me hard and all I could do was try not to open the floodgates because tears were threatening to fall. All I was trying hard lately was to become someone who can proudly stand by his side but it seems I was calling for more trouble. The lump in my throat got heavier and I was biting my lip hard staring at my feet, trying hard not to cry.

“Come here” He called me throwing his hand towards my body. I pulled my body to his hand and was guided to his laps. “Please don’t just do that jagi… I can’t bear it if your name is part of some scandal”

I hugged him tightly and rested my chin on his shoulder. His hand began to caress my back and I instantly calmed.

“You missed me a lot, didn’t you?”

I nodded.

“Oppa is sorry for the delay.”

“I’m sorry. I was being oblivious.” I mumbled. “I won’t repeat this mistake oppa” I assured Jaejoong to which he smiled.

“Ulgima jagiya...” He wiped the little tears on the brin of my eyes “You are making me feel bad”

I hugged Jaejoong and made myself comfortable over his shoulder. He laughed and continued to caress my body. I finally feel alive now that he is back home after filming. The door opened and out came Heyri. I immediately wiped my drying tears and gestured her to come closer. She ran to us and hugged me from behind.

“Appa don’t scold. Eomma didn’t do anything wrong.” She began to hiccup “Uncle wanted to play with me so”

“Aish, this little kid… Appa will never scold eomma. We were just….. talking loudly”

I sighed a laugh and gently hit the back of his head. Heyri pulled away and I turned to face her. She jumped onto my lap and hugged while Jaejoong wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Nappeun appa” She muttered poking his cheek. I laughed but winced in pain when he pinched my waist.

“Ani.. Appa was just telling me what to do” I justified before she gets the wrong idea.

“But appa was shouting”

“ANIYO! I wasn’t!” He yelled. “Appa was talking with eomma loudly”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter