Five

Wolf Prince and His Three Kisses

Five

"Why are you alone today? Where's Baekhyun?" Jessica looked at her watch. Baekhyun told her this morning that they're going to have their group discussion after lunch at school library. She has been waiting for them since 1.30pm, but after fifteen minutes waited, only Kris appeared in front of her.

 

Kris took the seat of opposite her. It's easier to discuss that way. "Baekhyun had to attend his singing class today. He asked us to proceed first and later I will brief him his part. So, where do we start?"

 

"Actually, I don't mind doing all the work alone." Jessica still maintained her stoic expression. The kind of expression that makes it hard for people to tell her current mood.

 

Kris shook his head, completely disagree with her idea. "No. This is a group assignment and we should divide the work equally."

 

"But.."

 

"No buts, Jung Soo Yeon. I know you like working alone, but no. I'm not going to let you do all the works alone. Even if by letting you do the work by yourself might end up with all of us getting a full marks, I still don't agree with the idea. What's the point of getting a perfect score if I don't do it myself?" His tone sounded serious. He can be twisted, but it is not his style to let a girl do the work for him and he never play around when it comes to academic matters.

 

Jessica was dumbfounded, but then she quickly covered her expression so that it doesn't look obvious to Kris. She never thought that Kris was this kind of person. All the while, she always sees him playing around and hangs out with either his group members or girls. She thought he will be happy if she volunteers to do the work all by herself, but she was totally mistaken by it.

 

"I.."

 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have raised my voice to you." Kris apologized right away. He saw how her expression changed and he didn't mean to make her flinch or anything.

 

Jessica shook her head. "No, I should be the one to apologize. I shouldn't have suggested that. So, where should we start?" Today she saw a different side of Kris. The side which she never expect to see from him. Maybe he wasn't as bad as what she always thinks off.

 

Kris thinks for a while. Then he opened his notebook, looking for the idea that he jotted down the other day. "I actually have divided the part of the work that needs to be done. Maybe you can have a look on it and if you have different idea, we can discuss further on it." He passed his notebook to her.

 

Jessica took the book from him and she read the notes. The first thing that came into her mind is that for a boy, Kris really had a nice handwriting. "I think this should be sufficient, but maybe we can add more on this part." She took her pen inside her pencil case and she writes down the part that she thinks can be elaborated more.

 

Kris took the pen from her grip and he added his point. "Then maybe we can also explore further on this part. I think this should be more than enough. Now we only need to find the literature to support our points." Kris smiled his brightest smile, satisfied with the output of their brainstorming.

 

For a second, she just stared at his smile. Without she realized, her lips crafted a smile. So, this is the smile that never failed to melt the girls. Looking at him closely, she realized how good looking he is. His round eyes with double eyelids, his sharp nose, his red cherry lips.. Jessica shook her head. What was she thinking?

 

Kris raised his eyebrow. "Any problem?" He did notice how she was checking on him, but he just pretended like he didn't see any of it. Anyway, he already gets used to girls staring at him and to pretend like he didn't notice is a no big deal for him.

 

"No. We should start looking for the reading material now." She quickly walked to the nearby rack and starts looking for the books.

 

Kris chuckled at her reaction. At least she didn't act so cold today towards him today. He reached for her pencil case and he puts her pen back in it. When he was about to close the zip, he noticed an initial on a chain that looks like a gift inside the case, SY-AR.

 

When Jessica gets back to her seat with a few of books that she thinks related, she passed four of it to Kris. "Since you insisted on dividing the work, can you please read these and summarize it?"

 

Kris grinned at her mocking. "Yeah, sure. On your command, my princess." He playfully winked at her.

 

Jessica made a face as reply to his wink. "I can go back now, right?" She packed her notes and books. She still had another outside class to attend.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

Jessica raised her eyebrow.

 

Kris put both his hands up and grinned. "I know, not my business. Take care on your way home, honey."

 

Jessica ignored him and walked out of the library. About ten minutes after she left, Baekhyun made his arrival in the library along together with Lay, Suho, Chanyeol and Chen. Luhan and Xiumin have soccer game in the evening and they're getting ready for the game.

 

"You're early today, hyung. Where's Jessica? She's not coming yet?" Baekhyun took the seat besides Kris. It was quite rare for Kris to come early when they're having any discussion. Furthermore, he was the one that changed the time from after lunch to 3PM.

 

"Soo Yeon already went back. Nah, take this. We have divided the work. Your part is to read these two books and write a summary for it." Kris gave him two out of four books that Jessica gave him just now together with his notebook.

 

"What do you mean by she already went back?" Baekhyun asked him again. Don't tell him that Kris changed the plan without letting him know about it?

 

"What did you do, Kris?" Suho who has been listening since just now questioned him. Judging from his expression, Kris must have plotted out something behind their back.

 

"I didn't tell her that we changed our time to 3PM and I said that you cannot make it because you need to attend singing class." Kris admitted his doing.

 

"Hyung, how can you do that to me?" Baekhyun complaint. He was the one that asked him to inform Jessica that the discussion will be after lunch. But then, he told them to change the time to 3PM since he had something to do after lunch. Without suspect anything, they just agreed with it. So, while waiting for 3PM, they all went to the field to cheer for Xiumin and Luhan.

 

"Sorry, Baekhyun-ah. This will be the first and the last time hyung did this. Give me that, I'll do the reading. Later when I'm done you can read the summary." Kris took back the two books that he gave Baekhyun just now.

 

"Do you think everything is okay by doing that, hyung?" Baekhyun maintained his dissatisfaction expression. He wasn't mad at Kris, but he doesn't want Kris to repeat this thing again. Group assignment should be done in a group and he is also a part of the group.

 

"Fine. What do you want? Hyung will do whatever you ask me to do."

 

"Tell me everything that happened just now when Jessica is around." With that Baekhyun is happy again.

 

~~~

 

"So, all of you are here." She was waiting for Kris and Baekhyun for a good thirty minutes in the library, but after a while, no one really coming. The weird thing is not only Kris and Baekhyun ditched her alone there, but the whole library is empty. When she felt like she couldn't wait any longer, she packed her things. On the way back, she saw a lot of students were crowding the fields. From a far, she can see the whole group of EXO was sitting around, watching soccer game.

 

"You haven't get home yet, Jung Soo Yeon?" Kris turned around and Jessica was standing by his side. The game already started for fifteen minutes and all of them are here to support their team and group member, Xiumin and Luhan.

 

"I thought we're having our group discussion today?"

 

When Baekhyun heard Jessica's voice, he quickly ran to Jessica side. "Sorry. I'm really sorry. I forget to tell you that we decided to cancel the discussion for today since we want to watch the game." He totally forgot to inform her even after Kris reminded him this morning.

 

Kris shook his head while looking at Baekhyun. "Sorry, Soo Yeon-ah. How long did you wait for us?" Kris looked at his watch on his wrist. It's already 4.30PM. She must have been waited for quite some time for them.

 

"Long enough for me to finish all my homework for today." She replied it as a matter of fact.

 

Kris tried to analyze her expression. Her face looked stoic, as usual. Did she mad at us for making her to wait? But her voice didn't have any trace of madness or something like that. "Sorry again for that. Do you want to go home now?" Kris took her pink bag from her grip.

 

Jessica raised her eyebrow. Why did he take her bag now?

 

Kris moved a bit to give space for her to sit. "While you're here, let's watch the game with us. The match is between our school and Dream High. We're leading one to zero now." Kris tapped beside him, asking her to sit.

 

Baekhyun nodded, agree with Kris. "The game is quite interesting to watch today. Xiumin hyung and Luhan hyung also played for our school. Come and join us. And sorry again for today. I'll make up to you later." Baekhyun smiled and ran back to his seat. Don't want to miss the game.

 

"I.." For a moment, she was hesitating whether to join them or to just get back home. But then, Kris softly gripped her wrist and pulled her to sit beside him.

 

"Come on. It's not like we can see the match every day." He still didn't let her hand go even after she already sat beside him with his other hand holding her bag. As if by holding her bag, she won't leave just like that and stay with them.

 

The girls around them were whispering to each other when they saw Kris holds her hand. Jessica noticed it, but Kris gripped was quite firm. Jessica coughed to get his attention. "Can you let go of my hand now?"

 

Kris grinned, not realizing that he still had her hand in his. "Sorry." When she still looked straight at him, he raised his eyebrow.

 

"My bag. I'm not going to run you know."

 

Kris laughed. Then he handed over the bag to her. "What did you put inside your bag? Why it's so heavy?" Kris asked with his eyes still focused on the match. He always wondered what she had in her bag. The bag was quite heavy for a skinny girl like her to carry around the school every single day.

 

"Just the usual textbook." She murmured to herself. It's not like he's going to listen to her anyway since she noticed how focused he is while watching the game. She's not fond with the idea of leaving her books inside the locker though she had one. The most she only leaved her PE tracksuit inside the locker.

 

"But it's heavy to carry it everywhere. If you worried someone might do something to your locker, you can leave it inside mine. No one dares to do anything to my locker." Kris offered her his locker. His gaze was still on the field.

 

His replies made her turned to look at him. He's actually listened to her even when her voice is so soft just now. When Kris turned to look at her, she quickly looked in front again.

 

"Noona, do you want some cookies?" Kai offered her some of his cookies. When Jessica declined it, he puts a few in her hand. "This is the best cookies that you'll ever taste noona. You won't find it anywhere." Then he took the seat beside her.

 

Chen who saw everything from the beginning, laughed. "Kai didn't lie about that. Luhan hyung made it himself and that's the only thing that he can do in the kitchen. Luhan hyung can't even make ramen own his own."

 

"And Kai never share his cookies with anyone. So, just enjoy it while it lasts, noona." Kyungsoo added in.

 

The whole group laughed at Kyungsoo's statement. That was quite true actually. Kai is a cookies and chicken mania. Once he gets those, he will keeps quiet and stay still. That's how Luhan handled his maknae every time he throws tantrums or in a bad mood.

 

Jessica smiled. "Thank you, Kai."

 

While eating her cookies, she listened to Kai's story about the recipe and how Luhan always spared the cookies for them. Sometimes, she even laughed when Kai was telling the stories with sparkles in his eyes. He really loves his cookies.

 

While watching the game, came a few girls, offering their snacks to the boys. One of them went directly to Kris. She gave him the snacks and according to Kai it was Kris's favorite. But Kris only had his attention on the match. When Tao who sits beside him nudged him then only he shook his head and politely declined it.

 

The whole group can see the frustrated look on the girl face when Kris didn't take the snack from her. But everyone just kept quiet and didn't want to get involve with it. When the girls walked away from them, Tao asked Kris about what had just happened.

 

"I'm watching the game, Tao."