Two

Wolf Prince and His Three Kisses

Two

For the whole day after their group meeting, Kris has been thinking about the plan that he would work on. He was debating within himself whether he should change his current seat in class to beside her or just stay as he is. His current seat can be considered as one of the best spot since it's near to the door and the teacher wouldn't even notice it when he went outside for a while.

 

He also thought of all topics he can talk with her. If people ask him to flirt around, he doesn't need to crack his head just to think of what he should talk about. Flirting is easy, making friend is not. That's why most of the time, he only spent his time with his group members.

 

The next day, when he already prepared himself with his so called brilliant plan, he was left frustrating by himself when Jessica was absent from school. For the whole day, his mood is down. He doesn't even want to talk to anyone else on that day.

 

The day after next, since early morning Kris has been waited for her at Venus High's front gate. He waited and waited until the first bell rang. In the end, he missed her again today.

 

Kai nudged Sehun who sat beside him. "What happened to Kris hyung? Why he looked so gloomy today?"

 

Sehun shrugged. He was also as clueless as Kai. It's a rare sight for them to see Kris in such state. Usually, Kris is the mood maker in the group.

 

Luhan took his seat in between the two maknaes with snacks in his both hands. "He missed Jessica." He distributed the snacks to the three maknaes. Every day, they will take turn to feed the three maknaes and it was supposed to be Xiumin's turn today. But since he had to do his class duty today, Luhan was doing it for him instead.

 

"What?" Both Sehun and Kai asked at the same time. Kris missed Jessica? He missed Jessica to the point that he's feeling so down even during recess time?

 

Luhan laughed. "He waited for Jessica since yesterday, but that girl was absent since yesterday." For the entire time during their first subject, Luhan needs to listen to his never-ending rant, about how Jessica ruined all his plans. As if that girl knows what his plan is.

 

All three of them grinned while looking at each other. The other day, after Kris left when they have finished their discussion, the remaining boys were betting on whether Kris will get caught in his own plan by falling for Jessica or he will remained as his usual self, the twisted wolf prince.

 

The fact about how twisted Kris can be is widely known throughout the Venus High. However, no one except their group knows that Kris is also the boy who cried wolf when it comes to matters that involving feelings and heart. He can feels something, but claim the otherwise. That's why without his knowledge, the boys always bet on his next action.

 

Luhan, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun believed that it is no surprise if Kris ends up liking Jessica at the end of the day. Chanyeol, Chen and Tao think the other way round will happen. Kris will never fall for her as he already shown hatred towards her since the very beginning. While Xiumin, Suho and Lay as usual, didn't want to get involve with the bet that won't bring any benefit to them.

 

"Why is she even absent these two days?" Kris complaint.

 

Suho who has just arrived to their table took his seat beside Kris. He put his book down. "Haven't you heard? She's not feeling well. Apparently, she caught a fever and I heard the temperature was quite high too." Though Kris never mentioned the name, Suho can easily guess who’s the she that he was referring to is.

 

"Do you have her house address?" It's more like a rhetoric question. Everyone knows that Suho kept the address of all their classmates.

 

Suho raised his eyebrow. He was a bit late today as their homeroom teacher called and asked him to go to her house today to pass her homework. Since he is the class representative, he did keep his classmates addresses in case of any emergency. "Then you help me to pass her homework." If that's the case, he can spend his time in the library after school.

 

"Sweet." Kris smiled right away.

 

"I want to follow!" Tao asked Kris to bring him together. He has been curious on what actually Kris wanted to do. Kris seemed eager to carry out his plan.

 

"No. Why should I bring you with me?" Kris declined on the spot. He doesn't want to handle Tao non-stop questions on their way to her house. At least not today.

 

For a few seconds, Suho took his time to think. On a second thought, "Wait. I think it is more proper for you to bring Tao together." Suho decides it for him. After all, he is going to a girl's house. Even though Kris is his own friend, knowing his reputation, Suho doesn't feel too good to let him go there alone. Not that he didn't trust him or anything, but it's better to take precaution.

 

"Yes!"

"Why?"

 

Suho ignored them both and concentrated again on his book, leaving Kris in his bad mood again, the happy Tao and the laughing trio.

 

~~~

 

"Hyung, why are you so determined to beat this girl ranking this time?" Tao asked him while they walked to her house. He understands that this is their first time get their rankings snatched by other student since don't even know when, as long as his memory can remembered, they always on top. But like Kyungsoo said, why they need to even do this for a ranking?

 

Kris walked in silence, thinking of how he should answer Tao. Tao has always been the curious kid. Once he starts questioning, it's hard to get him to stop. So, he really needs to think hard on how to give him answer that won't lead to another question.

 

But to think again, it's all started when they were five.

 

Though they can be playful at times, but they always play by the book. Their parents gave them all the freedom that they want, but of course with condition; never jeopardize their personal achievement.

 

"Hyung, this is her house, isn't it? No. 89?" Tao asked again, just to be sure.

 

Kris looked again at the paper that Suho gave him to confirm on the address. He was too focused thinking of an answer to the point that he didn't realize they have arrived. "You're right, Tao. This is the house." Lucky one of them stays focused.

 

Tao pressed the bell. When someone asked from intercom, he simply answered they're her friends. The door is opened for them. Both of them walked inside. The house was quite spacious with garden that full with blossom flowers. Someone must really take a good care of their garden.

 

When they entered, a middle age ahjumma greeted them. "Hello, I'm Soo Yeon's umma. You guys are?"

 

Kris and Tao bowed to her mother. "Hello, eomonim. I'm Kris, Soo Yeon's classmate and this is Tao, one of my dongsaengs. We're here to deliver her homework that our homeroom teacher asked for." He explained the reason why they're here. Somehow he thought that her mother looked quite surprised just now that they're coming to their house.

 

"You guys are so nice. Come, sit first. I can ask the maid to prepare something for both of you to drink." She asked one of the ahjumma to prepare it for them. She was so fast that Kris didn't even have time to stop her. "I was quite surprised actually when you said that you're her friends just now because our Soo Yeon barely makes any friends when she's at school. You guys are the first one that ever coming to our house."

 

Kris and Tao both exchanged look. Though Jessica did look cold sometimes, but they didn't really expect that she's a loner. With face and appearance like her, she can easily become Miss Popular if she wants.

 

"Maybe because she's still new, that's why we're the first one to come here." Tao smiled. "Where did you stay at before, eomonim?"

 

"Actually, due to her father's work, we always travel around and because of that Soo Yeon always transfers from one school to another. Since that, she never makes any friend at school. She said even if she made one, she needs to leave them one day and she didn't have a heart to do that. So, it's better for her to be alone. I'm worried for her, but today maybe I can feel a bit relief because of you guys."

 

Her mother asked them to drink their juice after the ahjumma served their drinks.

 

"Where is she, eomonim? Is she okay?" Kris asked her mother. The story that he just heard from her mother made him thinking. Isn't he cruel if he approached her because of whatever intention that he had in mind now? If he offers her a friendship and then he ignores her after he gets what he wants, will he hurts her in the end?

 

"Soo Yeon is upstairs in her room. She's not feeling well these two days. She's probably caught a cold after she gets stuck in the rain when she walked back from school the other day. Just go upstairs. Her room is the second one from left. She's awake just now. Stay for lunch, okay?"

 

"Eomonim.." Jessica's mother left them after she invited them for lunch. She went straight to the kitchen to prepare the food herself.

 

Tao looked at Kris. "What's your plan actually, hyung?" Whatever his plan is, after listening to her mother just now, Tao believed that Kris will think twice before he executes it.

 

"Let's just pass her homework first."

 

Kris stood up and walked straight to her room. Tao followed him closely behind. After they got to the front of her room, Kris knocked her door.

 

"Eh, Kris? Tao? What are you guys doing here?" At first she wanted to ignore the knock because usually her mother will just went in even if she didn't open it. But just now, the knock just won't stop.

 

"Noona, you know my name?" Somehow, Tao was happy to know that she recognized him, especially when he is not even in the same year and class as her.

 

"It was quite hard not to know you guys when the girls are constantly talking about you." Jessica smiled.

 

For a second, both Tao and Kris get frozen while looking at her smile. It was like the first time they ever saw her smile. Then she signaled them to follow her inside.

 

Kris coughed to cover his embarrassment. Then he shoved her homework to her. "Our homeroom teacher asked to give this to you." Kris looked around her room and he took the seat on the sofa beside her bed. Her room is neat and tidy with the decor in white and pink colors all over the room. On her bed the books were scattered all over the place. Did she do her study even in that state?

 

"Thank you, but you don't have to do this." She took the books from him. Then she flipped over the page that their teacher has marked up for her.

 

"Noona, are you studying? I thought you have a fever? You should have rest after taking the medicine."

 

Jessica just nodded, not really focusing at Tao. Her focus is still solely on the book in her hand. It has been a habit of her that once she holds a book, she gets fully absorbed in it.

 

Kris looking at her every action. Without he realized, he smiled when he saw the wrinkles on her forehead. Then unconsciously he walked to her side and he explained the one formula that got one whole class scratched their head.

 

Jessica looked at Kris in wonder. "How did you know that I don't understand this part?"

 

Her question made him realize that he unconsciously crossed his own line of defense. He ignored her question and asked her about something else. "Are you coming to school tomorrow?"

 

Jessica nodded. "I think I'm okay by now. I shall be able to go to school tomorrow. Why?"

 

"Good. I shall see you tomorrow in class then."

 

Jessica looked straight at Kris. His expression is unreadable. "Do you have something to say to me, Kris?" He can’t just possibly came by here just to pass her homework, isn’t it?

 

"Have you ever been caught in bad weather? If so, what did you do?"