9----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

It is such a nice day for both Sanghyun and Sandara. The weather is surprisingly fine – warm, windless and the sky without a hint of cloud. There is just sufficient amount of light, rays of orange reflected in their windows, conclusively a lovely day in the city. 

 

Sanghyun finally felt free from the shackles of Sandara's fears, at least until she goes back to New York with her usual routine of paranoia inflicted on him. He loves his sister but sometimes her life is taken away by how much she overthinks every little thing.

 

Sanghyun, are your things packed already? I have to leave you with Hayi. She's a friend of Jiyong. Make sure you don't put too much burden on her. If you need anything call me, okay? For now, we'll communicate through skype and email. Once I get my new number there, I'll tell you and you have to contact me no matter what as I'll be sending you load even when I'm there.”

 

Sis, I'm ready. I think it's you who needs to fix your things. Your clothes are scattered all over and you haven't decided yet what to bring.” As if to mock Sandara, Sanghyun tiptoed through the messy room of her sister flashing a sheepish grin.

 

I'm so confused on what to bring. All my clothes are not stylish and I don't want to look like a joke when I'm in front of Big Bang, especially Jiyong. Of course I can't repeat what I wore last time and I bet my savings on that outfit. I don't think I could go anymore. I'm not cutout for this.”

 

Sis, have a little bit of self-esteem. You're a simple person and it's just because of our finances that you wear clothes from the thrift shop. Nonetheless, you look beautiful in anything you wear sis.”

 

Awww. My baby brother is all grown up now.” Sandara got emotional again about what Sanghyun told her. She couldn't help but hug his baby brother. Sometimes she feels like Sanghyun is older than her because he analyzes things in a very macro perspective to micro, making things easier for her.

 

Let's stop this drama. I'll help you pack your clothes so that your dream husband's friend wouldn't wait too long.”

 

"There's not even a chance we would be together. I'm just a fan. I'll always be one. I have known all along that I'll love him like a distant star."

 

"Eww! Stop with your drama sis. You're going to be with him in their world tour, you have plenty of chance to seduce him."

 

"When did you learn such an improper idea?"

 

"Don't think I'm not aware about what's going on with fangirls these days and you my sister is no exception."

 

It took them two hours to choose Sandara's clothes because of the occasional argument about who's right in choosing the outfits and items that needed to be brought when she goes touring around the world for Big Bang's concert.

 

Thankfully, when they went to Ji's friend, Hayi just got home and she welcomed Sanghyun and Sandara with open arms.

 

I'm so glad to see you Sandara. Don't worry Sanghyun will be safe here with me.” Thereafter, Hayi hugged Sandara, as if they were close already. She continued on, “I have heard so much about you from Ji. I trust him implicitly and I could see you do look like an angel. I thought he was just having one of those moments when he goes crazy with all the schedule and all.”

 

Thank you Hayi. My nerves are really getting the best of me right now. I don't know what to expect but I'm excited about what's going to happen during the World Tour. I just hope I'll live up to the expectations of my work.”

 

You can do it Sandara! You're Ji's Ssantoki right?”

 

Sandara blushed at Hayi's compliment. “Uhm. Anyways –- I'll help with the rent and needs in the apartment. I don't think I can rest easy knowing you're spending for my brother.”

 

Don't worry Sandara! Ji got it all covered until the end of the tour.”

 

But--”

 

It's part of the benefits the moment you agreed to become their writer, so don't worry about it.”

 

I don't know about that. I have to check. But if ever, I'll always be willing to chunk in for my baby brother.”

 

Omo! It's already 4 pm. I think you should be heading back to your apartment already. The driver's coming at around 5 pm.”

 

Sandara rushed to her apartment after Hayi's comment. Hayi almost pushed her, she seemed more thrilled that she's going to Sydney. What if the driver leaves her because no one's coming out of the apartment? She clasped her hands, praying the taxi would not be jammed in the middle of a traffic.

 

The 30 minutes of taxi ride was by far the longest she have been in a taxi, palms sweating and her heart beat at its full pace. Her face changed when the driver informed her of their arrival outside her apartment, she could've laughed if she wasn't only nervous. It's all the fault of too much thinking in her head, her hands were shaking as she gave the taxi fare. What clammy, clammy hands for someone who prided herself to sweat only when she does her exercise routine.

 

The front door burst out in the open as she rushed in getting her things. She saw the name plate of the car outside her apartment and there was no doubt, it was the one assigned to fetch her.

 

By half past six, she arrived at the airport sporting a classic solid white flannel partnered up with her gray ripped jeans. She waited for another two hours before she was allowed to enter her seat in the first-class.

 

It felt foreign being alone and pampered during the flight. Jiyong really prepared everything. Her stomach was so full after the friendly stewardess served an eight-course meal. She was left alone after reading a magazine, coincidentally featuring Big Bang's comeback. She did not know that the flight going to Sydney was going to take too long. She managed to write about her feelings and even after that the plane was not yet announcing that they are about to arrive in Sydney.

 

22 hours of flight really strained her back. By the time she arrived at Sydney, her body felt like a jelly and all she wanted was to sleep comfortably, possibly in a fluffy bed with lots of pillow she can hug. The second the pilot announced that they have arrived at Sydney, she was up in an instant. Finally she was safe, in Sydney and about to meet Jiyong again.

 

However, a growing feeling of discouragement gnawed at her heart when she did not see the sign Jiyong put on his reminder. She couldn't go back to New York now. But how would she find that person when there was no sign meant for her?

 

Just when she was about to give up, someone hug her from behind. “I knew you would come, my new chingu. I'm so happy to see you.”

 

She knew, just by his voice and smell, it was Jiyong. Oh dear, her mind created a whirlwind of emotions until she felt a little bit nauseous from the sweet gesture. Coincidentally, he wore the same clothes as her and that made her giggle. The only difference is - Jiyong wear a beanie and sunglasses to hide his face.

She's aware that couples in Korea also show their love through wearing the same clothes. Her delusional fangirl mind is working at its full speed and if Jiyong continue to do sweet things to her, she doesn't know what to think anymore. 

 

You almost gave me a heart attack. I thought someone was going to fetch me here. And how did you know that I was coming here? This is a failed attempt at surprising you.”

 

Don't worry your pretty little head about surprising me. I checked if you got in your flight when I called the airport. I did that because I really hoped you would come here and you're here and I'm happy.” With that, Jiyong hugged Sandara again.

 

Unbeknownst to the two of them, they walked hand in hand while going out to the airport.