19---

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

It was not easy escaping his own security. He turned off the lights, signaling that both Dara and him are ready to sleep. After that, he knows the guards will give them some space and stay outside the corners of his house.

 

He will have to risk using the secret passage. At least, keeping it concealed from them will benefit him and Dara today.

 

They slowly walked, careful with their steps and not making a sound. It is weird doing a covert operation, trying to be a chameleon in an impossible mission. It is by no means easy to sneak out to people whom Jiyong hired to protect him and it will actually test how effective they are with their jobs, he thought.

 

To return to the matter at hand, they both measure their steps and it felt like they were doing it by millimeter. It was unthinkable that they were able to move past without putting the spotlight on them.

 

Lu-cky,” Jiyong uttered after he and Dara managed to look invisible with the number of guards that are around his house. He wiped the sweat that formed in his forehead, clamped his hands on his chest and turned to check Sandara.

 

Dara only nodded in acknowledgment, signaling him that she's fine. Jiyong then decided to spread his sweaty hands with hopes of drying it with the wind. When he was satisfied, noting that his palms and fingers were completely dry, he dived his left hand into his pocket and held Dara's hand using his right.

 

They walked to the subway station and went on a 45 minute ride. It was a good thing it was already late, nobody identified Jiyong as GD. It will simply be a hassle meeting fans on the way.

 

When they arrived at Mapo-gu, they walked around, turning corners, going up and down long flight of stairs, walking past eight or nine streets. The whole place was deserted. It was unusual that nobody is walking around. But then again, it was 2 am in the morning. The stillness of everything is bringing some uncalled fear in Jiyong's heart.

 

By this time, his guards will realize that he's lost. Today he is thankful he watched enough action films and he threw his phone somewhere far away from their home. Perhaps, the first thing they will do is track his whereabouts through the location on his phone.

 

Outside his family's home, the lights were out. His fear are like rows of blades thoroughly pierced in his heart thinking something bad happened.

 

The front door was locked.

 

Next thing he knew, he was leading Sandara to the backdoor.

 

Much to his dismay, the door was also locked.

 

There's just something about the atmosphere that let Jiyong know there's a brewing trouble just waiting around the corner. A squeaking sound caught his attention and a red LED light is giving them a signal to come closer.

 

His first instinct is to run away with Dara.

 

Before they could decide to go away, a voice whispered from the bushes, “Ji, come here. It's Dami.”

 

When they went nearer, Jiyong and Sandara were both crushed by Dami and Jiyong omma's hug.

 

Jiyong-ah, I've been so worried.”

 

Omma, what's happening?” Jiyong said as he ruffled his hair, confused about what's happening.

 

We found out Sandy's uncle is behind all of these. We were afraid they might attempt to kill her now. After all, Sandy's grandfather supposedly wants to transfer his shares to her uncle because he has finally accepted that Sandy will never come back. That is until media took notice of her presence, in a whole lot different identity. Because of that the board meeting was put to a halt and Sandy's uncle is surely devastated right now. It is possible he will do anything to eliminate Sandy because she's the rightful heiress,” his mother explained.

 

San-dy? Transfer of shares?” Jiyong's voice croaked.

 

Dami threw her arms again to Jiyong and Sandy, squeezing them with so much strength, it was humanly impossible to do that. Then, she cried and whined, “I thought I won't be able to see my sister-in-law anymore! Who would've thought you'll see each other again after many years?”

 

Dami checked Sandara's face and engulf her in a hug once again. “Don't be lost again, ne? We really miss you. This time, I'm going to make sure nothing bad will happen to you.”

 

Jiyong's omma noticed he was paralyzed in his spot. Most probably, he cannot understand what's happening.

 

Jiyong-ah, I know this is too fast and you might get angry with omma and appa. But what the news had been showing is all true. Sandara is your fiancée. Her body got lost after the car accident when you were on your way to a party. You were both in different cars and you were the only one we found. When you woke up, you only remembered everything except Sandy. The doctor recommended not to force you to remember everything. That's why we never shared things about Sandy. We don't want you to grieve Sandy's 'death' because for how many years, we also clinged to the hope that we will find her,” Jiyong's omma said, almost ashamed at the revelation.

 

Omma, I don't hate appa, Dami and you. I'm just appalled that even after 12 years, all of you never hinted I had a fiancée. Not even once. Why didn't anyone tell me?”

 

They were afraid what's going to happen to you Ji,” Dami said.

 

Is that enough reason? Did my fans know about this?”

 

Yes, they know about all of this. They also helped in finding Sandara but we never found her. We imposed to everyone, even the news outlets to not make a news out of this, for the sake of your recovery. Somehow, they thought it is right to meddle now that Sandara came out of the blue. The media felt like we betrayed them, that we somehow found Sandara and kept it a secret from them.”

 

Why was the fan who leaked our pictures not aware of this?”

 

She's a recent fan. I think she did not know enough about your history.”

 

I don't understand anything. I just,” Ji was cut-off by her sister.

 

Ji, do you love Sandara?” Dami said.

 

Yes. I love her,” Jiyong firmly replied.

 

Then don't think too much about what you've forgotten. What matters now is that you've found each other.”

 

Dami turned away from Jiyong and faced Sandara.

 

Sandy, I know you're afraid right now. But will you be strong enough to stay by Ji's side?” Dami looked at Sandara intently, patiently waiting for her answer.

 

Sandara wanted to say yes but there are so many things she don't know about, right now. She can only trust Ji. She looked at Ji, as if asking for his approval.

 

Ji nodded in response while he reached out for both of her hands.

 

"I only know that I'll stay by Ji's side no matter what. I actually have no idea what's going on right now. But for Ji, I know I can make everything possible," Sandara said.

 

What do we do now, omma?” Ji asked.

 

You'll both stay at Big Bang's dorm. At least there, media will be all over you. Her uncle will not attempt to kill her while people are watching.”

 

Sandara joined in the conversation. “What will we do when people ask why Ji lied recently? He said he's single and I'm just YG's writer. What am I suppose to say if YG asks me about what happened? Should I say that I can't remember anything?”

 

Dami sighed after hearing that. Everything is becoming too complicated and they can't do anything to ease what Jiyong and Sandy is facing. They need to tread slowly with this problem or else what happened 12 years ago may haunt them once again.

 

It's better if you tell YG the truth. He will protect both of you, Sandy. And then, Jiyong, you have to apologize to your fans. You tell them that you were on the process of sharing the good news but was caught off guard. You wanted time for yourself and Dara. You didn't want to shock her with so much media attention. I'm sure it'll pacify your fans and they will sympathize with you.”

 

Unnie, so why are we hiding here?”

 

My men saw suspicious people trying to track our house and I thought there might also be people in your home. I already contacted your manager and media people. They're on their way here. They know what to do, so we only have to wait.”