17-----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

Note: I'm so sorry for the late update. I've been busy with work. Christmas is coming and advertising companies are getting busy with all the preparations. Hope you enjoy this update! ^^

 

Jiyong held Sandara's frame all throughout the night to keep her calm. He brushed her hair as he sang her a lullaby to ease her nerves. He assured her repeatedly that Sanghyun is safe and he even added extra security to make sure nothing bad will happen.

 

Honestly, he don't understand what's happening right now. Once more, he hired a private investigator to know more about the man whom Sandara identified. It was a frightening sight seeing her scream and shake in fear. He will do anything to protect her. Right now, he just can't bear to ask Sandara in her current state. That's why he has to know by himself. He don't need to bother her to narrate an awful memory of that man.

 

He was up all night making sure to make Sandara's nightmare go away. 

 

On other dimension of emotions, someone is enraged, nerves about to burst from anger.

 

I thought she was living somewhere far from us. How come she's back in Korea?!”

 

Sir, she met Jiyong unexpectedly. I couldn't stop her from leaving with the tight security, especially if involves the media.”

 

The man was trying to calm himself. He needs to be cool and collected at this time of chaos.

 

Does she remember anything from her past?”

 

From what I gathered sir, her memory is not yet intact. If it did, she would have run back to Jiyong's arms the moment she saw him. But fate has its up ways to destroy our plan, they fell in love again,” the conspirator bitterly replied.

 

Are you telling me they are both strangers when they met and fell in love just like before?” The man shouted at the absurdity of the statement.

 

Yes, sir. When we made sure Sandara lived in New York, she got so attached with songs made by Jiyong. She's actually a die-hard fan. I think she said that she felt some connection when listening to the songs.”

 

How about Jiyong? Does he remember anything?”

 

Negative sir. Though he does his own investigation, I doubt he will find out who Sandara really is. The problem lies on how we will be able to make Sandara disappear without putting a panic on media.”

 

You fool! We can't do that now. Her identity is already leaked in the media and father knows she is alive. The only thing we can do is pretend that we are glad to see her back.”

 

Sir, with all due respect. Are we not going to move fast? It might be too late if one of them remembers what happened.”

 

Silence. Ragged breathing.

 

Should I take orders from you? Just do as I say. Don't be stupid now. This is a critical stage. One wrong move, we might have nothing at all. I've been patient for 15 years. What good will it do if everything goes to waste?”

 

Beep.

 

All over the city, news about Sandara resurfacing are being played repetitively. For every episode, another fact about her is being exposed.

 

In the latest 'news' covered by JTBC,

 

Sandara, the lost heiress of the Park corporation suddenly reappeared after 12 years. This is an exclusive look on what happened to her.

 

DNA test have confirmed that indeed, the lost heiress is now a writer of the YG company. She lived a life of a commoner and struggled juggling her part-time jobs while studying and providing for her brother Sanghyun. Recently, Jiyong denied dating her. But we managed to get a new scoop of this intense story. Everybody knows it's only a matter of time before the Parks and Kwons arrange a marriage again to confirm their good ties.

 

And what do we know? 12 years ago, Jiyong was promised to be wed to the heiress of the Park corporation. The Kwons public statement at that time told us that Jiyong was perfectly fine and he remembers everything. What if Jiyong forgot all his memories that fateful night and he met Sandara as a different person? Who would've thought they will meet again and possibly fell in love? This might be the most romantic love story of the year if they are really together. Two people who had forgotten everything but always bound by destiny to meet together and fall in love again. Stay tuned for more updates! ”

 

Sandara and Jiyong was wide awake. They saw the news. They have confirmed why their heads seem to ache and blurred memories flood in, why the familiarity between them seem like dreams recurring, always ending up meeting each other.

 

What happens now?” Sandara asked.

 

We can get past this Dee. I know we can. Though I don't know if what they found out was true, I'll always be here for you. I love you,” Jiyong reassured Sandara, showing his sincerity through his eyes.

 

I know that, Ji. I'm just... What if it's true?” Sandara frustratedly held her hair in confusion.

 

Then, I'm all the more thankful that we found each other again.”

 

But there must be a reason why they want us to be apart. I have a feeling they are hell bent on keeping us away from each other. I don't want that to happen.”

 

Jiyong soothed Sandara, rubbing her back and calming Sandara by promising to be with her.

 

How about Sanghyun? Is it possible for him to stay with us Ji? I just have a feeling that something bad's going to happen.”

 

I've arranged everything. Security and Hayi will be with him. We're going to fetch them tomorrow. The media knows Hayi is coming home. It's impossible for someone to plot something evil. They can't. She's too important for Korea's economy. You don't have to worry Dee.”

 

Sandara cried, again. The idea of being with Ji and deciding to be with him, it must be God's way to tell her that she's not alone. For how many years, she wished and prayed someone carry her burdens with her – someone who will understand and not give up even when she's completely out of it because of the situations she's facing.

 

A call from Jiyong's sister interrupted their moment.

 

Ji, you have to come at our rest house. We're waiting for you,” Dami said in a breathless voice.

 

What about Sandara?”

 

Bring her with you and be careful on your way. Wear a bulletproof vest just in case. Don't trust your bodyguards. Sneak on your way out.”

 

What's happening sis?”

 

I'll explain it to you when you get here. For now, be safe. I love you."

 

And the line went dead. Jiyong thinks it's almost impossible to escape from his own bodyguards. It is their duty to protect him 24 hours, to know his whereabouts. A moment that he is lost and his bodyguards will panic.

 

But he has to. By the tone of Dami, something bad's happening. Sad songs played in the background amidst the beautiful skyline. His soul, perhaps, is stuck in the middle. He's a prisoner, trapped in the memories he lost. But right now, he has to live, for his Ssantoki.