8---

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

Sandara never made a decision harder than what Jiyong asks of her. The last time she made a drastic change in her life was when her parents died and she made it to a point to work hard so that they would not be a burden to their relatives. She wanted to be strong for her parents, to show them that instead of being swallowed by grief, she would be responsible for both her and Sanghyun needs.

 

Should she entrust Sanghyun with a stranger, even though he or she is GD's friend? Should she be self-centered for once and seek her own wonderland? What would she say to Sanghyun and what would his reaction be?

 

Her brother came home early, still Sandara was undecided about what to do. She made dinner but was too busy with her thoughts, she ended up burning their food. Sanghyun had to go out and order a Chinese take-out, pretty handy for those who want to eat already.

 

Sis, mind telling me what's bothering you?”

 

Huh? Nothing. I'm just tired I guess.”

 

Sanghyun looked at his sister. He could've been fooled if he was not aware that her sister didn't go to the office today. How could she get tired by taking a rest in their apartment?

 

So you're telling me that you still worked even when you were staying here?”

 

Sandara, dumbfounded by her brother's question, “How do I tell you this? I'm being offered a job to write about Big Bang's World Tour.”

 

That's great! What's the problem sis?” Sometimes Sanghyun couldn't understand her sister. What's stopping her anyway? Aside from doing her dream job of writing while traveling, she also gets to be with her favorite band. What's not there to love anyway?

 

The problem is I have to be away from you and I have to leave you to someone so that you could be taken care of. But I don't want to leave you here. What if you need something and I'm not here? What if there's an emergency?," Why am I even thinking about this Sanghyun? Don't worry about anything, I would tell my boss I prefer staying here in New York.”

 

Sandara was convinced she made the right decision. If it's for Sanghyun, she would do anything. Family first, that's what's on her mind. The last time she ditched her family for something she wanted to do, she didn't have the time to say goodbye.

 

Sanghyun was worried that they couldn't move on after the accident. Contrary to her sister's belief, he knew what happened to their parents. Even at a young age, he would hear his relatives freely talk about what happened and only mum their mouths the moment he comes in. He doesn't know if it's better or worse but he wants her sister to be happy. He's aware of her sacrifices and maybe this is the right time to push her to something he knows she badly wants instead of being stuck in a work routine that her sister absolutely despises.

 

Sis, you have to promise me not to react after I tell you what I'm going to say.,” Sanghyun paused, deliberating on his head on how to deliver a sure blow to her sister's wounds. He was glad that her sister was complacent as she just nod her head in agreement with his request.

 

I know what happened to dad and mom. I never told you about it because I know you don't want me to know about it. I'm aware that when you went out for your friend's birthday, mom and dad came to fetch you and that's when the accident happened. Perhaps, you're thinking right now that it might happen to me after you leave. But sis, we have to move past this and you should think about your future, what you would want to do. You being stuck in your office wouldn't certainly help you, so I encourage you to go. You could leave and rest assured I would be waiting for you here, safe and sound. I promise that sis.”

 

Sandara couldn't help her tears, slowly blurring her brother's view. She doesn't know what to say. All this time, she was blaming herself and now her brother is telling her that it's not her fault. She couldn't convince herself that it's not her fault. Maybe, this wouldn't change in a million years. But for Sanghyun, she would slowly try to forgive herself. Her decision would still be an atonement for her sins to her family, for causing it to be broken and shattered beyond repair.

 

Thank you for telling me that Sanghyun. But promise me that you would inform me through text where you are so I know that you are safe. The moment you forget to contact me would be a sign that I would go back here immediately. You're my first priority, remember that.”

 

The siblings hugged as a new life awaits them. In a few hours, Sanghyun would be living with a stranger, for better or worse. As for Sandara, she couldn't wait to surprise Jiyong. Her heart is about to burst from too much happiness and she hopes this would never end, not yet when it just got started.