Episode 3

Seungri's Colorful Adventures

Seungri wakes up early at 7 AM with nothing but Daesung on his worried mind. He leaves Youngbae's extra room all too eagerly, hurriedly pulling on his work clothed with an excited grin on his face. 

He takes a peak at his phone for a quick second and his stomach drops, a few missed calls from a number that he's all too familiar with. He immediately calls them back to confirm his suspicions. His van has been impounded on the account of an expired license plate. 

Youngbae and Seungri are rushing out the door before hopping into the car, driving off to the small pizza place. 
", , ..." Seungri is trailing off into silence as they pull up, his eyes immediately fixed on the empty parking spot belonging to him before they trail off to a very shaky Daesung sitting out on the sidewalk, watching him pathetically hug himself. 
"Daesung, what the happened? How long were you out here for?" Seungri had asked as he jumped out of the car.
"You s! I w-was sitting out here for an hour now!" His teeth are chattering and he seems shaken from the cold weather that is constantly dropping as days go by. 
They get Daesung into the heated shop and Seungri gets him a blanket from the storage in the back of the store. 

"They came, for a while they didn't even notice I was in the back till I was freaking out. Then they asked all these questions...I thought you were here so that's why I told them I didn't need a ride!" Daesung's temper showing as he raised his voice. 
Seungri's lips automatically pulled into a pout. "Yeah, sorry about that. Really." 

Youngbae interjected with a raise of his eyebrow, curious. "Why did you get your van taken away?" 
"W-well, I got an impoundment warning a couple weeks ago...so, that probably has to do with something." 
"Seungri! I told you to take care of that when it first came in! I warned you that this would happen!" 
Daesung spoke up. "Two warnings obviously wasn't enough for you, huh?" His sneer evident in his voice. 
Great, now they're both yelling at the poor guy. 
"O-okay!" He spoke up amidst there complaints. "Look, it was stupid, I'll admit. But we have to look at the bigger picture, my van is gone AKA my house! Where will I stay--""And me." 
"Yeah, and Daesung. I can't afford a hotel for more than two days and they can take my car away for more than a week." Seungri was at a loss, he had no place to stay and most of his was in that crappy van. 

Youngbae stared at the two hopeless kids in front of him. "Let's just find out how long it will be taken for and get some of your belongings from the car, okay?" They nodded along before following him to his car. 

They drove down to the impoundment lot so Seungri could get some answers. 

"So, how long will it be taken for?" Seungri had a bag of some of his stuff over his shoulder, frowning softly. "Well, they said they're not sure yet but they'll get back to me soon, today or tomorrow." 
", I don't want to do this, but both of you are staying at my place until Seungri gets his damn home back." A sigh of relief escaping Seungri but Daesung made a face at the thought.
"Hey, I don't want to be rude but I'm just a kid and I never meant to get so involved with you guys." 
"Well if you want a place to sleep tonight, then you either go back home or you come back with us." Youngbae offered an ultimatum, chin tilting up slightly as if challenging the boy. 

Daesung watched him for a lingering moment before frowning softly, a tone of defeat laced in his voice. "Fine, but I won't stay long." 
Seungri reached out to Daesung's hand in his own, not feeling nearly as nervous as when he did when they first met as he smiled at the boy now. "It'll be fun, I'll buy us some food and we can eat on the floor of Youngbae's guest room! He owns a GameBoy too!" 
"Guest room?" Daesung seemed puzzled. "Aren't you guys just making minimum wage? How can he afford a place with a guest room and you just stay in a van?" 

"W-well, he's the manager of the place so he gets paid extra, while I am just a worker. The place he lives in was also owned by his grandma who passed away some time ago and he's barely making rent." 
Youngbae became more irritated as Seungri spoke on about his life, eventually snapping at the younger man. "Hey! I don't need you explaining everything to some kid we barely know, let's just go!" He stomped off to the car where they awkwardly sat for the ride back to the pizza place. 

Daesung remained at the back of the tiny shop as he fiddled around with his phone, despite being cut off from the internet by his parents he managed to entertain himself with some games on the device. While Seungri and Youngbae worked their hours serving the customers who came in, another nameless employee dropping by for a few hours before they left, leaving the three alone in the quiet place. It was 12 AM when they were beginning to lock up the place again. 

Seungri held a pizza box with a bright smile on his face, appearing in front of Daesung. "Daesung, let's go to Youngbae's now. I bought this pizza for us to eat, like I said." 

They drove to his small little house just a few blocks away from the school Daesung previously attended, they walked in as Youngbae immediately disappeared into his own room. The place was tiny, Daesung noted, but it was still comfortable. 

"Ah, I think Youngbae is a bit stressed out today. He's usually not that cold." Seungri reassured the student with a soft grin, leading him to the spare room barely big enough for the both of them, pizza box still in hand." 
"There's only one bed, so I'll take the floor, okay?" He offered as he looked to the other, setting the box on the ground to begin undressing himself of his thick coat only made for winter endurance. 

Daesung felt guilty for letting the man sleep on the floor but he didn't object, instead they ate the pizza and he tucked himself in. The foreign smell emitting from the sheets he laid on made him feel lonely, he wanted to go home but he knew he couldn't. He couldn't ever. Instead he kept his eyes on the ceiling for a long time, the man laying on the floor didn't make a sound. 

"Seungri, how can you smile? How can you be happy at a time like this?" 
"W-what do you mean?" 
Daesung wasn't even sure he was awake, but hearing his hesitant voice made it clear he was kept awake by his worries too. 

"I mean, your home just got taken away and now you're just sleeping on the floor of your boss's house. How can you worry about me or anyone else?" 
Seungri remained silent for only a moment before speaking up, trying to sound hopeful. "A lot worse things could've happened, and besides, I like new adventures. Isn't this kind of like one?" 

Daesung didn't answer, he considered everything Seungri said and just let himself fall asleep. 

(Lol hey sorry for the extremely late update I just suddenly got inspired to write this. Hope u like it, sorry if I made any mistakes.)